3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What do you do with your clothes that are too big? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/176038-what-do-you-do-your-clothes-too-big.html)

dancerindenver 07-06-2009 11:48 AM

What do you do with your clothes that are too big?

(Note: Log this one under really nice problems to have)
What do you guys do with the clothes that are no longer the right size as you're losing? I have no plans to ever go up again but I certainly have in the past. Normally I donate everything I no longer need to Goodwill and that would be my plan for the too-loose clothes but would anyone recommend keeping anything from the larger size pile? Maybe a pair of jeans for comparison's sake? Obviously not a huge issue or anything - just curious what others have done or recommend...

TJFitnessDiva 07-06-2009 11:52 AM

I kept one pair of jeans from my starting weight but everything else I have either given away or sold on ebay :)

kiramira 07-06-2009 11:52 AM

I have one pair of "remember WHEN" pants and a top, too. For the "OMG" reminder factor. The rest of the stuff gets purged immediately when it is too big.
And you are RIGHT! What a great problem to have!!!
:D
Kira

Shannon in ATL 07-06-2009 11:54 AM

I let go to Goodwill in phases... I got rid of the size 12 and up and XL sizes back in November, I just two weeks ago got rid of my large comfort shirts and my size ten pants. I'm currently wearing 4, 2 in some things, have been since October so I don't know why I saved them... Next I'm thinking about letting go of the medium tops & six 6 pants that don't fit, but I have to buy more things that do fit first! I was afraid to let go of the larger sizes for some reason, but when my closet shelf fell off the wall it prompted a major clean out of things I hadn't worn in forever. :)

I did save one pair of large pants just for reference - I have used it a couple of times when I wanted to eat cake. :)

Onederchic 07-06-2009 12:01 PM

I have one pair of pants too from when I was 330 pounds. The rest are used for car covers, lol :D (Just kidding, I normally toss em out :|).

Thinfor5Minutes 07-06-2009 12:08 PM

I've only gone down one size, so I stashed them in the attic "just in case." I started out this go-round as a size ten and am hoping to end up a six.

beerab 07-06-2009 12:11 PM

Stuff that is good I give away to salvation army, stuff that is old and tattered I toss.

I have one pair of size 18s that I have kept, they are so big now, I'm a small 16 right now- hoping to get to a 14 soon!

Moralia 07-06-2009 12:28 PM

I give my stuff away... My sis can wear 9/11's so I'll give her dibs then donate the rest...

rockinrobin 07-06-2009 12:37 PM

I'm never, ever going back. NEVER. Therefore they are not needed and I gave them to charity. With the exception of 2 skirts and a jacket. I need to keep that visual reminder around of WHY I don't ever want to go back.

Tomato 07-06-2009 12:45 PM

I took several huges boxes packed with clothing to Value Village (a version of Goodwill) and I donated a few nice pieces to a coworker who is doing Weight Watchers.

IrishRose25 07-06-2009 12:46 PM

I take nicer things (bigger name brands) to Plato's Closet, where they buy your used clothes, and everything they don't take goes to Goodwill. It's great to get something money-wise for the clothes I don't need (even though it's nowhere NEAR what I spent on them), but I am with Robin 100%-- everything GOES!!

dancerindenver 07-06-2009 12:53 PM

Thanks, ladies, for your input! I'll pick a pair of fat pants for motivational purposes and donate the rest! No going back, ever!

kiramira 07-06-2009 12:57 PM

THAT's the spirit!

I found that hanging on to the bigger sizes gives me "permission" to regain -- if my pants are tight, well, there's always another size up in my closet! I broke that habit THIS time around :lol: by ditching the big sizes straight up.

Kira

Cali Doll 07-06-2009 01:30 PM

I am getting rid of them as they become too big. I found out by accident that I am a size 14. I thought I was still a 16 so I was trying on 14s to see how far I have to go and to buy a pair of inspiration pants... the 14s just slid up onto my hips and I had to do a double-take at the tag. LOL!

Anyway, I am not planning on buying any 14 pants...instead I purchased size 12 pants. I will wear my 16s until I can't anymore...or until I fit into the 12s. :cool: (ETA: interesting enough, the 12s DO fit, sort of....I just can't button them...yet)

All 20s and 18s have been removed from my home. I don't need them and I never will again!

Moonlight Mistress 07-06-2009 02:09 PM

I just cleaned out my closet this weekend!

I plan to give most of it to Goodwill. But I will keep one pair of pants that I thought looked awesome on me at my higest weight for comparison (they literaly fall off my hips now...yay!).

I will also keep some shirts for a planned pregnancy in about (hopefully) 3 years. They were maternity shirts (ones that are baggy around the belly) that I thought were cute. And yes, they fit me 43.5 lbs ago *blushes*.