Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-02-2009, 07:24 PM   #16  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

When I see a skinny girl or one with a great body - I feel envy but also a sense of wow she looks great and it motivates me. Someone mentionned that there are some skinny women that are just that way and try to put on weight and can't. Others work very hard for their figures and deserve a woot woot! There is always going to be someone prettier, skinnier, more fit, more healthy, more rich, etc etc than you and that other person. I've accepted that I have to work with what I have but I could shave some inches off my booty and become healthier.

I remember when I lost a bunch of weight and at 190 I looked pretty good. I saw this lady sitting in the gym locker room and you could tell she was having a hard time. I asked her if she was ok and she said, if I could only look like you! I was shocked. I saw myself a little more clearly then
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisnotatest View Post
I'm not sure how productive it is to criticize the variations of a womans body. There are real women who don't happen to have curves, to say that they promote pedophilia or that they aren't pretty or aren't 'real' woman is kind of harsh. People come in different shapes and people have differnt tastes as to what they think is attractive.
I think the problem isn't so much that a given body type is generically unattractive. Any body will be attractive to some and not others. The problem is when a particular type is held to be the ideal for all. The particularly thin body type is not realistic for most women. But by the same token, it doesn't work to substitute curvy as the ideal either. Like you said, lots of real women aren't that body type either. Variety is good!

I agree, we have to be careful about putting down a particular body type that has been abused by the media/fashion industry - what we have to put down is the idea that we should be something we're not.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:45 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

um, I was not talking about a woman that naturally looks that way before she blossoms...I was talking about a forced image through extreme dieting and pills. I am sorry if you think I was making fun of a less curvy woman. I was not. I too was skinny and didn't have big breasts. I have skinny friends who WANT to gain weight. I don't make fun of them either. I am talking about the forced, touted, and superglorified image that is pushed on woman in general.

a lower bmi does promote getting pregnant faster. So does being healthy. Pills, are most likely going to conflict with that.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

men7, to me you are one of the skinny girls. I don't hate you though see?

What I really hate is people who don't like to eat, or only pick on their food or "forget to eat." I know I shouldn't judge but it bugs me.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
I personally think the 5 9 no boobs, no hips promotes pedophiles, because those women look like prepubescent girls.
To be honest, that is an exact description of my 25 year old niece. It's just her figure. I helped her with measurements when she wanted to sew a dress, and there was very little difference bust to waist to hips. But every figure has its charms, and she looks damn cute in some things I'd look sloppy and ridiculous in.

I'm probably fooling myself, but I do think women of a given height and weight (tall and skinny) look different when they're in their natural shape vs when they starve themselves there. There's a gauntness that missing in my niece even if she is 5'9" and size 2.

I think sometimes in reacting to the corners we've been pushed into, we push someone else into the same corner, unintentionally. God knows I do it too. For example, "gaunt," as mentioned above - lots of women are naturally very lanky, and one person's lanky is another's gaunt ...

Last edited by JulieJ08; 07-03-2009 at 01:14 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #21  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
I personally think the 5 9 no boobs, no hips promotes pedophiles, because those women look like prepubescent girls.
That's really harsh.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyGuggenheim View Post
The media can't really go with the "weight doesn't matter" image because, you know, it does. .
I dont think the media will ever stop promoting slenderness. There is a lot of money to be earned from people`s quest to achieve this but also from the clothes people wear when they love their bodies, but not necessarily when they don`t.
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote