3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Thought about weight loss, at -15lb (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/175046-thought-about-weight-loss-15lb.html)

Stella 06-24-2009 03:06 AM

Thought about weight loss, at -15lb

I thought I`d never see my body change again. I have lost (and regained, btw) weight many times and remember what it was like. I longed for it to happen again, craved it at times, but I never really believed in it any more. I now have been large for way too long.

But all over sudden, it`s happening. As my weight loss has approached and exceeded a stone (6.3kg) I do notice the differences, and so do others.

My clothes are hanging losely again. There is space between myself and my waist band. When I am naked I still look at the same shape but I suddenly not longer find as many bits which annoy me. My legs seem straighter and more toned. The rolls around the middle are no longer as distinct. I`ve definitely lost most in the middle, which is where I needed it most! Now, I could say to myself that this is because I *know* that I have lost weight and also because I`m sporting a flattering summer tan.

But others notice as well. My friend, the other week, after not seeing me for 6 weeks: “You`ve lost weight! You are much slimmer there!”. My colleague yesterday, while talking about food in general: “You have lost weight, Stella!” I have told noone that I am on this plan because I wanted reassurance that any comments would be genuine. I now was almost embarrassed when she mentioned it and caught myself making excuses: “I always lose weight in summer, and come winter, I`ll pile it back on! Have you never noticed?” I don`t know why I felt a need to play down my achievements. I`m so proud of it!

I know what my body looks like slim. I have a tiny waist and good legs. I have smaller boobs, although they are still there. My belly (achilles heel!) will not disappear although others will say that they don`t see any. You know what, I no longer care. It`ll shrink in proportion with the rest of me. How I long to that tiny waist of mine again…

Hope has come at last, and it`s certainly all motivating me to continue to eat sensitively and go out and move my body!

librakitten 06-24-2009 04:20 AM

Wow, well done darlin' that's a massive inspiration! Go you! :cp:

srmb60 06-24-2009 05:31 AM

eat sensitively and go out and move my body!

I like that. Well said!

Windchime 06-24-2009 09:55 AM

Congratulations, Stella. It's so rewarding when you can start to feel and see a difference, isn't it? All your hard work is paying off!

Mrs Snark 06-24-2009 10:02 AM

You should be proud of it, you are doing fantastic and you deserve to enjoy the good feelings that comes from all that hard work! Well done, you!

Stella 06-24-2009 02:46 PM

Thank you. :-) I`ve been enjoying every 200g which went (my scales go in 200g-steps) and every day whch I have not strayed, but this is nothing compared to the rewards of actually watching yourself change! In the last 10 years or so, I have always given up before I came to this stage!!

I had such a stressful day at work (again!), but it somehow never mattered because I could say to myself: It doesn`t matter - I`ve lost a stone! :-)