Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-18-2009, 12:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/155/125

Height: 5'5"

Default The $100 challenge

I am starting a new challenge for myself and a friend. I'm setting aside $100 as an additional prize. I am going to challenge her to lose a higher percentage of body weight than me by Christmas (yes, I know, "weight" isn't the important part here, but that's a lot easier to measure than body fat percentages, lean muscle mass, and general fitness, for two women who are completely different body types). 6 months is a good amount of time to make positive progress. We both go to different gyms (not as often as we probably should....). I know what workout I'll be using (The Body Sculpting Bible for Women), and I'll suggest the same for her. BTW; there is one stipulation for the prize money; the winner has to spend it on herself. A piece of jewelry, a new pair of jeans or shoes, a bottle of scotch, whatever. No buying Christmas presents for other people!
jyl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:05 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

That sounds like an awesome motivator!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/155/125

Height: 5'5"

Here's where I'm at currently: I'm 28 yrs. old, 5'5", and I weighed a flabby 165 lbs. this morning. My daughter is over 2 years old, so I definitely can't call it "baby fat" anymore. I'm just fat. I look pretty good at 125 lbs. So, I'm aiming to lose approx. 40lbs./ 25% of my current weight. I'm using weight training (free weights), cardio, and a moderate diet (specific daily caloric intakes, moderate fat/carb/protein, high fiber).
jyl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:26 AM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Sounds like lots of fun and lots of motivation! Good luck!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote