Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #16  
Rubber Ducky

S/C/G: 341/307/135

Thanks for all of your thoughtful answers. I guess I'm just frustrated becuase my once pear shape has turned into an apple shape for the time being, but I will keep going. And also, I have to be patient because I started this journey at 341 lbs, so it's logical to presume noticable results in my torso will come later. We're in this together.
glitterducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #17  
Rubber Ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHound View Post
I don't do carbs, and I've totally give up caffeine, processed foods, splenda, diet soda, decaf and am restricting my sodium and my waist is smaller than it's ever been before in my life. I've always been an hourglass but had a poochy waist. Now, I have a tiny waist in comparison with my bust/hips. I really think it's the giving up processed foods and sodas.
I think this is interesting, that maybe a bigger mid section is due to being bloated from sodium. cut out the sodium, get a slimmer torso. But then I also question is this really a life style... give up processed foods for all eternal.... I hope there's a healthy compromise. Deal with the pooch, accept and eat processed foods, or restrict sodium all together.

I've never been a big soda drinker, so giving it up months ago was not a problem. I think also, I am undoing months and years of binge fast food eating. I've only been on this journey for about 6 months or so, so I'm staying patient in undoing the damaged I caused.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #18  
Rubber Ducky

[QUOTE=Ailidh;2771863]Love your gym siggy!!!

Thanks. I don't want to get bitten so I can't go to the gym today..lol
Old 06-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #19  
Rubber Ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Do you drink beer and /or other alcoholic beverage? They don't call it a "beer belly" for nothing. I have carried a large stomach my entire adult life even when I had previously lost weight...but I always saved calories for beer and other cocktails...This time around I totally gave up drinking and my stomach is smaller than it has ever been...even at a slightly lower weight.
I'm a non-drinker. I've never drank and probably never will.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #20  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Sympathies - I know I'm not losing evenly. My stomach seems bigger than ever because everything else is getting smaller! But I have been keeping the tape measure handy. I have lost some there. Jeans are looser. So encouragement! We will get there. I sure don't want to cut out my coffee, my few glasses of wine or even sodium since I don't have high blood pressure (mine is low actually)...these are my luxuries! Not to excess but part of life is enjoying food (IMHO). And if this is going to be a lifestyle change, when I'm down to a healthy weight, if I feel like I'm fit from working out, I probably won't kill myself for six-pack abs ;-) Who knows, though what I might want to do when I get there? It's a journey isn't it?!
bobblefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #21  

My problem is also mu tummy. I guess I have to really be devoted in making my tummy smaller. Whew..
Sophia Elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #22  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I lost from my extremities inward - the tummy took a long time to show improvement.

Mid-way along my journey, I did start incorporating some of the Sonoma/Flat-belly diet concepts into my plan. I don't know if it was coincidental, but it did seem to help. I still incorporate MUFAs in my plan and I have finally regained my hourglass (instead of apple or log) shape (see goal pics linked below).

Keep at it. It isn't fair - but eventually, you will get your original pear shape back!

Last edited by CountingDown; 06-05-2009 at 10:49 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #23  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Doesn't it always seems where we want it to go from the most it is the last to follow? For me my arms are still very large as well as my stomach.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:00 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 155.8/ticker/130

Height: 5 ft 6

Based on your stats, you still have a while to go before you reach your goal. Someone who only has 20 pounds to lose would likely notice more drastic changes all over the body (at least that's how it's been for me)... I have about 20 pounds to lose and I'm noticing the weight loss primarily in my stomach. Right now your body just hasn't been quite ready to let go of the belly weight... But it definitely will. Just give it time and keep working at it.
Kimmie1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #25  
ugggg.....

I am a true hourglass shape....butt/hips/thighs take the absolute longest for me...not losing much weight at this point but my body is reshaping itself...since my tummy is the first to lose, getting some compliments, but I want to see more weight gone....

I always joke that when I buy a new bra and the girls are where they should be, everyone thinks I have lost a lot of weight cause you can actually see I have a waist.....

Last edited by jules1216; 06-06-2009 at 08:57 AM.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:02 AM   #26  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
I lost from my extremities inward - the tummy took a long time to show improvement.

Mid-way along my journey, I did start incorporating some of the Sonoma/Flat-belly diet concepts into my plan. I don't know if it was coincidental, but it did seem to help. I still incorporate MUFAs in my plan and I have finally regained my hourglass (instead of apple or log) shape (see goal pics linked below).

Keep at it. It isn't fair - but eventually, you will get your original pear shape back!

WOW!! I looked at your links, what an inspiration you are....
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #27  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Glitter- I too used to be a pear and have seemingly become an apple... something I NEVER thought would happen. Oh well... hopefully our tummies will both shrink very soon.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #28  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules1216 View Post
WOW!! I looked at your links, what an inspiration you are....
Thanks Jules!

I will be clicking on YOUR goal pics one of these days
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote