3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Emotinal Abuse form My Mom/Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/172876-emotinal-abuse-form-my-mom-weight-issues.html)

rockinrobin 05-30-2009 10:19 AM

Oh Pink. This is wonderful news. I hope this living arrangement works out for you for the time being. I also hope Mom gets the help she so desperately needs.

bargoo 05-30-2009 11:34 AM

Pink that is great news ! I hope everything works out well for you.

Tracy 05-30-2009 12:39 PM

I am happy to hear that.:goodluck:

losermom 05-30-2009 01:09 PM

Pink, I'm so happy that you have found another living arrangement! You need to be away from your mom at this point to focus on yourself and your precious kids. Your mom needs some help. Menopause may be a factor, but it could be something else as well. I hope that she is able to get a full physical soon to get to the bottom of her behaviors.

healthfreak 05-30-2009 02:26 PM

Maybe Scapegoating

I think perhaps your mother is using you as her scapegoat for all of her personal problems. This is not too uncommon for close blood relatives to mistreat one another.

As with your weight loss, I think you can first start by setting up a realistic goal like I want to lose 5 pounds by the end of next month.

ADD Girl 05-30-2009 03:29 PM

Hi! I am so greatfull to you that you have started this topic. I just came from my mums and dads house and I just hate her because she is a bad person. I thought to put a topic here but I felt bad about it as I cant say that in loud - you know like she is still my mother. BUT I DO HATE MY MOTHER. SHE CALLS ME NAMES, abused me, and makes me HATE MYSELF every time I talk to her in any way!!!

Thank you for the topic. I will post something intelegent after I cool down and think on something good to post. Now I just feel bad.

Beautiful Ace 05-30-2009 03:34 PM

That really sucks. I went through the same kind of thing, though I was much younger. I tried to do everything I could to make it stop. In the end, moving out was my only option. It was hard, but totally worth it in the end.

ADD Girl 05-30-2009 03:44 PM

I live in my flat for 5 years. It never stops. I hope she will die soon :-)

ADD Girl 05-30-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrobin (Post 2761967)
I'm kind of thinking, that even if you were to lose weight, that there would then be something else your mom would decide to pick on you for.

This is so thrue! When I have started to loose some serious weight my mother have started saying to me "you just have a stupid face. its really stupid face" - and trust me - I have a babyface that everyone likes!!!

ADD Girl 05-30-2009 03:54 PM

I am sorry for ruined your topic. I just came from their house, forgive me please

Beautiful Ace 05-30-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADD Girl (Post 2762932)
I live in my flat for 5 years. It never stops. I hope she will die soon :-)

Aww, I know that sometimes it's hard to live with people like that, but I doubt it will bring you much joy when she dies... After everything I went through with my parents I still love them. They don't always know what they're doing wrong.

kiramira 05-30-2009 04:03 PM

Ms Pink:
I'm so sorry that I upset you. It wasn't my intent. My intent was to sort of divide the emotional abuse issue from the "how am I going to get away from it" issue, which involves housing, earning a living, and being self-sufficient. Which would mean that you would have control over what happens to you, instead of living in an abusive environment because you have no economical choices. That's all...
So sorry to have come off as judgemental. It wasn't my intent. :(

Thank GOD you have a new place to go...

Kira

ADD Girl 05-30-2009 04:20 PM

Ace, I admire you for that...I dont love and do not respect tham as people...as anyone else has did that to me what they did - i wolud never TALK to that person again...and I am still talking to my parents...I think I do deserve a medal for that...

Beautiful Ace 05-30-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADD Girl (Post 2762978)
Ace, I admire you for that...I dont love and do not respect tham as people...as anyone else has did that to me what they did - i wolud never TALK to that person again...and I am still talking to my parents...I think I do deserve a medal for that...

-gives you a medal-
Sorry you have to go through that.

Mahina Lani 05-30-2009 04:46 PM

I've been there.
I moved out because I realized that I couldn't be around that and about 6 years ago I broke contact with my "mother" because moving out made her behaviour worse.

I'm glad that you've managed to find alternate living arrangements and I really hope that things get sorted between you both - you do NOT deserve to be treated that way by ANYONE.

Please, above all, please remember that you are a person of value and worth.