3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Help me find a target weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/172412-help-me-find-target-weight.html)

Bry1638 05-23-2009 09:40 PM

Help me find a target weight?

Hi guys! Well, I started at 272 back in January and I'm down to 226 at the moment. My first goal is to hit onederland- something I never thought I would ever see! I have NO idea what a normal weight is for my height!! I am between 5 foot 10 and 5 foot 11. Any ideas??

bargoo 05-23-2009 09:45 PM

The range for 5'11" is 143-178 , this is supposed to be a healthy weight according to nutrionists, it will vary if you are small boned or large boned. Other nutrionists may vary the range a little. It will also depend on how you feel at a given weight.

pinupqueen 05-23-2009 09:48 PM

As someone who is also 5'10" I'm aiming for 175. I guessing that will put me at a size 8/10 since I'm quite curvy and I know at that weight I'm will have a healthy BMI. However you have to find what weight works for you and what is healthy for your frame, I recommend asking your doctor the next time you visit. Congrats on the weight loss and good luck!

rockinrobin 05-23-2009 09:48 PM

There's no way to know for sure how you will look and feel until you get there. Bargoo's numbers are something to consider and "keep in mind". But most likely you'll just have to wait it out. Luckily a target weight is not written in stone. You can decide as you get closer. And then you will know "for sure" when you're there.

You're making FANTASTIC progress. Keep up the good work. :)

Windchime 05-23-2009 10:19 PM

Hi Bry, I'm also 5'11. Way back before I had babies, I weighed around 160-165 and felt pretty good at that weight. I got down to around 175-180 post-baby so that is my goal for now. I'm shooting for 180 and will see how I feel when I get there.

I like your plan of setting an interim goal of onederland. That's one of my main goals also. I'm also shooting for 207; for some reason, I felt really good at 207 last time I was there. So 207, then 199, then 180. Then if I still feel like I need to lose more, I'll keep going.

But as Robin says, it's different for everyone. You may settle in comfortably at a higher weight than my goal or you may wish to go lower. It just depends on how you feel! And I echo her sentiment--you have done an AWESOME job of losing so far! Congratulations!

Bry1638 05-23-2009 10:31 PM

Thank you all for your help! In my head, I have the number 172, as that would make 100 lbs lost. When I was in college, I got down to 215 and heck, I felt good at that weight! I was a size 16. I will be there again soon. But, I keep reminding myself, at that point, I looked good, for being big. Do you know what I mean? I want to just look GOOD. So I have to keep going! Thanks again.

lumifan4ever 05-23-2009 10:46 PM

Bry.... i know what you mean about "looking good at that weight". I don't have an answer for you, I'm only about 5'4" or so...but i just wanted to say Congrats on the great progress you have already made. Just keep doing what your doing and before you know it....you'll be at your happy weight!!!!

Thighs Be Gone 05-23-2009 11:15 PM

My first goal was to leave the obese category, the second was to leave the overweight category. I have had to adjust my goals as my journey continued. It really takes trial and error and deciding what you want for yourself further down the path.

xpinkglowx2 05-24-2009 10:13 PM

I am also 5'11 and am on the larger framed size. i am the definition of big boned.. hah. anyway my goal weight was originally 160- because thats the lowest weight i remember being in my adult life, but at a current 184 and feeling as good as i do, i have changed my goal to 170. i feel that will be easier to maintain for me then 160. What is most important is how you feel at your weight. if you are comfortable, confident and healthy - thats all that matters:)

BellaDiva 05-25-2009 11:12 AM

I'm 5'9" and my current goal is 140. There was a little bit where I weighed 160 and I think that 20 pounds past that would be accurate for me. I know how you feel though, I have never been thin my entire life so I am kinda playing this by ear and I'll just see where it takes me.

Tomato 05-25-2009 11:47 AM

Congrats on your weight loss so far!
Be prepared to readjust your target weight more than once. That's what happened to me. I was starting at 208 lbs and I had no idea what weight to shoot for as I carried the extra weight for quite some time. {Actually, I pulled out some old pants from the closet this weekend that I haven't had on for 13 years! For some reason, I never wanted to give them up as they were super comfy - really to be worn just at home, as they are what would be best described as white laboratory pants, but I always loved them as they were a hand down item from a dear friend}. My original goal was to lose 33 pounds as I thought that was all I needed to lose. Once I got there, I realized that I need to go down more.
So don't worry, you will find your target weight but it may be a while till you know what the number should be. Personally, I prefer to go by body fat percentage rather than by weight.

You will be in Onederland soon!