Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Cool Mini Meals?

I like the idea of doing the mini-meals every 3 hours...I think it'd be easy to stick through during the work week...

can you all give me some examples of min-meals I could have?

THANKS!
bac511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193/169/145

Height: 5'6"

Default mini-me

These are snacks that tide me over between meals, not sure if this is what you had in mind..?

Crunchy p'butter on apple slices. Mozzarella sticks. A handful of almonds. Mini pretzels w/mustard. Yogurt w/fresh fruit and cereal.

I also love tortillas... they're great for making wraps for salads & sandwiches, topping w/hummus and a few veggies/cheese for a satisfying mini-pizza, filling with refried beans, veggies etc for a quick microwave burrito, also quesadillas.
Welcome and good luck!

Last edited by kellygram; 05-18-2009 at 01:59 PM.
kellygram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

The easiest way is to split up your regular meals into two portions. Might not suit some people, and that's fine. But it's easy.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #4  
Can't Wait For The New Me

Height: 5 Feet 3 Inches

Hello &
I read on a site that when your on the mini-meals plan your meals should be around 200 to 300 calories each (depending on your calories per day). You usually eat 6 times a day on this plan so 6 x 200 = 1,200 calories and 6 x 300 = 1,500 calories a day. I'm far from being an expert at this diet but here is usually what I eat. You can google for some ideas also.

For Breakfast: I usually have 2 egg whites with 1/2 cup oatmeal with some berries some mornings.
I also like to eat 1 Thomas English Muffin, Canadian ham, 2 egg whites and slice of cheese (Kinda like a McMuffin but way less calories!) on other mornings (214 cal.). OR I have 1 to 2 waffles with 1 tsp of pure natural honey.

3 Hours later: I have a string cheese with some wheat thins or fruit. Some days I have celery with a tsp of peanut butter on it. OR just a piece of fruit.

3 Hours Later (Lunch): I usually have some kind of soup with a rice cake or some wheat thins (Just make sure if you eat soup stick with the clear broths instead of the creamy ones because the calorie difference and etc.). Other options are Lean Cuisines or Smart Ones dinners (just watch out for the very high calorie ones) with a piece of fruit on the side.

3 Hours Later: I usually have a Cottage Double or a Yogurt with some fruit. Sometimes I have a small salad with a tsp of lite dressing.

3 Hours Later (Dinner): I have a Salad with some grilled chicken or something simple and around 200 to 250 calories.

3 Hours Later: I have a piece of fruit or a veggie. OR whatever I find that is healthy and has the amount of calories I need in it for the day.

But all in all, I stay away from cake, cookies, junk foods, sodas (even diet ones!!), fast food places (unless you HAVE to eat out, order a salad with grilled chicken, no croutons and ask for dressing on the side) and greasy/fried foods. I also limit the amount of starches and pasta I eat (because I LOVE carbs ). Also, make sure you get you 8 cups of water per day!! If I'm watching tv or even when I'm bored I always have a glass of water with me to keep me from getting hungry when it's not time to eat!
I am a newbie at the diet also, but I'm sure there is a TON of different foods you can eat and different ways to do the diet (like splitting your meals up). Just see what's best for you! Good Luck on your weight loss!!

Last edited by iMrsCiCi; 05-18-2009 at 05:26 PM.
iMrsCiCi is offline   Reply With Quote