Making Peace With Food and My Body

• Hey guys I found this article and I thought it was pretty cool:

1) I will lose the “dieting mentality” and focus on eating for health and energy.

2) I will exercise in a pleasurable way / find fun ways to get more physical activity in my life.

3) I will eliminate feelings of guilt about eating food that I perceive as being unhealthy.

4) I will enjoy eating my food and I will especially take pleasure in the companionship that I have with meals.

5) I will practice the skill of eating slowly so that I will be able to connect with my feelings of fullness.

6) I will enjoy a wide variety of foods, with the knowledge that there are many ways to eat healthy. I will NOT be overly restrictive with my food intake.

7) My goal is to be the healthiest person, both mentally and physically that I can possibly be. I understand that in order to accomplish this goal I must get adequate rest, manage my stress, eat a healthy and adequate diet and exercise my body on a regular basis.

8) I want to be at a healthy weight for my body, NOT some predetermined weight that I would need to overly restrict my food and / or exercise excessively in order to acheive.

9) I will resist negative thinking concerning what is considered beautiful in the media. Instead, I will focus on the fact that I too am BEAUTIFUL.
  • That is definitely a great list!! Thanks for sharing it!
  • LOVE this list! I'm going to copy it to my journal. Thank you!
  • seriously, I needed this list. I have been going through a weight loss rough patch here. Some friends of mine called me out the other day on being obsessed. They told me I need to make peace with my body now, and to not let dieting rule my life. I decided they were right... I am taking a break from worrying so much. I am still going to exercise, but it's going to be fun. And I am going to eat what I want, just in controlled quantities. We will see what happens. Either way, I think I need to enjoy myself at this weight for a while, and appreciate what I have done, before I move forward again.
  • This is a great list. Thanks for sharing!
  • Thanks so much! I really enjoyed this : )
  • Oooh...LOVE this list.....it screams, "BALANCE" to me and I really like that!
  • I love this! Numbers 3 and 6 were especially hard for me to learn, but so worth it... so very worth it.
  • This is great! I'm going to print it off and stick it on the back of my bedroom door. It'll remind me why I should be doing this.
  • NICE ONE!!!

really needed to read a few of those.

Thanks
  • Great list! Can always use some more positivity. Thank you!
  • Great list!
    Enjoy the journey!
  • That was nice, thanks for sharing it