Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/174/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Exercise too much - feel weak

Has anyone exercised more then their norm and then afterwards feel weak, shaky, and a little dizzy? I usually work out for 50 minutes a morning. I did two dvds this morning and worked out for 1 1/2 hours. The first one was a toning, weight dvd for 45 minutes. The second was cardio. I didn't eat much for breakfast and when I got done I started getting scared I was feeling so weird. It almost felt like a panic attack but I know it wasn't cause it came from no where and my thoughts were no other then exercise. The symptoms felt were a little different too. I pumped a bunch of water in me and ate a special K protien bar and I am doing better. Wow. Has anyone ever done this?
Phyxius79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #2  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

Height: 5'5"

Yes, when I have a super-hard workout session (and usually when I'm doing a lot of heavier weights) afterward I'll feel weakness in my muscles and a little dizzy and "high." I actually really enjoy the feeling though!
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #3  
sugar is the devil

Yup - that's because your body didn't have the "quick" fuel sources it needed to do that kind of activity. It's best to have a small bite of protein and lots of water before an extraneous work out and to make sure right after you ingest even more protein and water so your body can replenish itself.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #4  

I am glad I am not the only one this happened too. I can say I learned my leason and eat better and drink more water before I work out like that again. I am glad it went away fairly fast.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #5  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

You need to eat a little something before exercising, even if its like a yogurt or a half sandwich. Your body needs carbs for fuel. You may need to watch your blood sugar and your blood pressure also........you take care of yourself now and dont over do it. But always try to eat a little sumpin, sumpin before you work out.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:01 PM   #6  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Like the others have said, fuel up!! You wouldn't go on a long road trip without filling up your tank first! Your body is like your car!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #7  
Workin' It

I have a hard time eating anything right before exercise, it makes me sick. I make sure I drink a lot of water during exercise and have a light snack when I finish to try to combat this feeling. If I get something in about 30 minutes before exercise, I'm usually okay. Peanut butter, kashi go lean, string cheese, something with some protein.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #8  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Make sure that you eat something before you exercise. Even if it's just a half a bowl of cereal 45 min to 1 hr before. Also, make sure you drink lots of water before and during your workout.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Today I made sure to nuke myself a plate of broccoli & a salmon patty for instance before exercising

Try to eat something and ALSO have a cup or 2 of liquids before exercising!

You'll feel a LOT better!

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I can't eat anything too heavy before a workout either.. If I feel I really need to have something before, a banana is a good choice. Think I'd rather workout on an empty stomach than feeling like I might throw up during my workout!
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #11  

I usually eat a banana about 1/2 hour to 15 minutes before I exercise everyday. I try to drink 8 to 16 ounces of water before hand to. I ate my banana and drank my water yesterday too but I think it was not enough. I think the extra 30 minutes was too much on so little. So today my routine was a little off. I ate my banana about an hour before and to not risk anything I at a piece of string cheese 15 minutes before. I also worked out for my norm for only 50 minutes. I now know to eat and drink a little more if I want to do more. Thanks for all your help!