Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #31  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I have had to weed MORE than a couple of toxic people from my own life. People that seriously weren't letting me be my best. People that seriously were not wanting the best for me. The thing is I WANT TO BE MY BEST and I WANT THE BEST FOR ME! If they can't jump on that bandwagon, I don't want them in my life.

I feel like I bring a lot to the table when I offer my friendship to someone. Not to mention, I open myself up to possibly be hurt. When someone takes advantage of my nature or my generousity, I have a very difficult time trusting them ever again.

And yes, I did lose a friend (one of my supposed closest) over the weightloss. She is morbidly obese and while I never, not even once brought up weightloss, exercise, nutrition and the like she has had a very difficult time coping. We are still in contact but rarely.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 05-08-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:01 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 225/178.5/135

Height: 5'3

It's not a motivator, but it does occur to me now and again. Little comments from people (whom I'm now smaller than) stick in my mind, I guess.
Bumbleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:44 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

I went to an all-girl party last night, and came home very depressed. It's a stylish group of gals, and it seemed a number of them had lost weight and looked fantastic--even the usually chubby ones! There was a lot of "you look fabulous" talk. Not for me, though. :-(

Does it motivate me? Yes, but right now it's bumming me out.
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 151/130/125

Height: 5 foot 4

Pretty much all of my friends are thin (or at least relatively fit) and they always dress up and look really great when we got out. Whereas, I've always been kind of a tom boy. Now that I've lost some weight and I'm not as self-conscious, I have this fantasy of going out to a club with all of my friends, looking great, and getting ALL of the attention.

Oh, and I also have a fantasy of reuniting with everyone I knew in high school and looking amaaazing. There's no one that I really want to get revenge on, but I just want everyone to know how much they under estimated me.
socal17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #35  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Revenge, yes, oh most definitely yes! I have a couple of overweight exes (girls, and we are so catty man...) that were never supportive of my goals, my desire to be healthy, and every success became a reason for them to rain down on my parade with something negative. Really, really, just all around negative people. The good parts of their personality after a while became totally overshadowed by the nasty. I'm going to be the best me, despite them. Sometimes, when I see them I get kinda... I don't know, like I'm smiling on the inside and thinking: "Just watch me, b*tches."

Last edited by Reddalice; 05-09-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #36  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heffalump View Post
As the saying goes: "Living well is the best revenge."
THE BEST QUOTE EVER!
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 249.4/ticker/135

Height: 5' 8"

I'm right with you Kira... I just don't know if it's enough to keep me going. I feel like I need to do this for myself. But that hasn't seemed to be working either. Maybe I should focus on these people in my life that I want to flaunt it in their face when I finally lose the weight. Well not really flaunt it, just be there looking fit & trim & beautiful and showing the world that I did it by buying awesome clothes to put on my awesome body.

Like my sister who said during a fight several years ago (when I was in the 180's) how can my boyfriend be attracted to me cuz I was soo fat and now she herself is close to or right at 200lbs. I think to myself 'If I could just lose the weight now and get fitter than her...' I wouldn't say mean cruel things like she did, cuz I'm not like that, but it would be sweet.

And then I have this friend who is about 150 and talks all the time about what a fat cow she is...(so what does that make me?) and acts like we should be buddies in this weight loss that we both want but when I tell her I messed up on my diet and ate fast food or whatever she snickers. And I have actually decided to just not talk to her about it anymore, I don't even tell her I work out, because I swear she tries to sabotage me. For example she'll tell me to 'skip the work out and come hang out' or when we do go out to eat, (I've told her I want to cut out alcohol from my diet, cuz it causes bloat, causes me to not to work out, & costs me too many calories!) she won't stop staying 'Well you might as well have 1 margarita/glass of wine/beer.' Like just because she is I have to too. And she teases me about my french fry habit. I'm not a sweets person but I like chips & fries and when we go out to eat she'll say 'you're getting a side of fries. right?' It's almost as if she wants me to stay her fat friend so she can feel better about herself. I feel like telling her I gave up and am not dieting or exercising but still do it and when she notices I've lost weight I'll just say nonchalantly 'yah, I've lost a couple' but it'll be like 30.

PS: Razorcandy that pic of your Schnauzer & the laptop is the cutest thing in the world! I have 2 schnauzers they are silliest, smartest, cutest dogs in the world! I just had to say that.

Last edited by Platinum; 05-09-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: typos
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

I want to stick it to my lap band surgeon. After the band caused me great pain constantly no matter how little I ate, and didn't do anything for my weight anyway, I asked him to loosen it back to its widest position and just leave it there. "Okay," he said, "But you're going to be fat for the rest of your life. People like you can't do it without surgery."

Yeah, 25 lbs down already on diet and exercise. Sit on it, Potsie!
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:04 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 255/230/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
Next time you see her, it's time to whip out the "air quotes." Keep saying "but oh yeah, you're the "cute one"" and make REALLY exaggerated quote marks with your fingers! Put a little pause between the words cute and one too, hee, it should drive her nuts!
Ha Ha! GREAT idea!
Razorcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #40  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

I have worked for years at a place where I was always the biggest person, and now that I've lost the weight, I am one of the smallest. I used to get rude comments occasionally, and, to be honest, I enjoyed rubbing my weight loss into their faces these past couple of years! Some coworkers are very supportive, and those coworkers I have no problem with, but others make comments that make them sound jealous, whether it's an outright insult or backhanded compliment. Those ones I enjoy "strutting my stuff" in front of!

Last edited by Ookpik; 05-11-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #41  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heffalump View Post
As the saying goes: "Living well is the best revenge."
The truth has been spoken

but with that said, I try and focus on the positives rather than the negatives and if someone was trying to "sabotage" me, well I would have just told them that there was not an option for me at the places that they wanted to go and that we needed to change spots (especially if I had looked up nutrition info before hand) but either way the above quote holds the most weight for me.

oh and no it is not a motivator for me

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #42  
Night Shift chickie!

S/C/G: 189/159.6/150

Height: 5'6

i guess i have a similar motivation. for me its my mom. she is overweight, lost a bit of it and then kinda stopped. shes the queen of excuses. always talking about weight, like why she cant do it, why its to hard for her, always giving me tips like it would be so easy for me and not for her. then my sister lost a ton of weight. shes a size 4 now. and my mom treats her like crap, always has to point it out. if she walks by a mirror, my mom will say, do you ever get tired of checking yourself out. or at easter she was wearing this adoreable safari shirt dress. everyone was making over her, and all my mom said was, whered you get the money for that dress. not you look nice, not good job for maintaining. just snark. and i feel bad for my sister. she doesnt deserve that. so shes being really supportive of my weightloss efforts. were in operation make mom realize what an a$$ shes being.
sassybangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 300.1/*ticker*/269

Height: 5'6

So basically I found out that a guy would have totally been into me this weekend...if I was thinner. WTF?! Another motivator. :P
SmilesIowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:52 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 97/78/65 - 214/172/143

Height: 168cm - 5'6

This thread is so much fun! I have endured, like many of you, teasing and so many taunts over the years. Part of my motivation is not necessarily revenge but a bit of 'in your face!.'
which I suppose might be the same thing
I'll show them all!!! muhahahaha (evil laugh)

It seems silly, but after reading this I feel like I want to go for a run.
merose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:27 AM   #45  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Revenge is one of the biggest things that keeps me going on the treadmill when I don't think I can do another second!

Revenge or shall I say living well, is a motivator for me in many aspects of my life; not just losing this weight.

I was also so overlooked and under estimated. My entire life I have been , by my Mother, by so-called friends, ex husbands, boyfriends. People mistake my kindness and naturally bubbly disposition(yes this is true) as a weakness or even stupidity.

So yes, going back to college to get my degree and losing at least 50 more pounds IMO will be the BEST revenge. I can't wait to prance my smaller behind w/degree in hand in front of a few choice people just to rub it in the faces of those who totally dissed me and made me feel like I wasn't good enough to be loved and respected.

If I drop dead the next second, it wouldn't matter because THAT moment will be one of my greatest.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote