Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #16  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with revenge motivation!

I have no intention of keeping contact with my (ex) friend. She DID mention that she and her DH MAY be making a trip to my town by boat some day as they want to do a huge cruise in their new boat which of course they made sure I knew how much it cost and how great it was and how they had so much money that they just didn't know what to do with while fully KNOWING that we had to scrimp and save and use all of our airmiles points so that I could visit...

Anyways, I have this secret dream that I get a call, and they've showed up on their boat and want to get together and I look AMAZING because I have that 130lb body that is toned and fit and I'm wearing a FABULOUS dress that has a corset waist that emphasizes the work I've done and maybe the dress is RED, or maybe I'm in my workout gear which would be a sport top and shorts that would show off my abs because I'm off to the gym and just have time to stop in and say "hi" and SHE'S shlumping around in his old sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt...hey, a girl can dream!

Hope the reunions go well! And that all our ex-s out there bump into us and don't recognize the person that we've become!

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 05-06-2009 at 01:30 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:24 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

kiramira-- I had that same experience... meeting a friend of mine from high school I haven't seen in over 10 years. Unlike your negative experience, she was happy for my weight loss and complimented me on my weight loss progress as well (I'm at least 40 lbs thinner than her today... I was probably 50-60 lbs heavier than her in high school).

But honestly, dump the "friend." True friends, even those that don't keep in touch over the years, do NOT disrespect other friends like that... even in eating habits, etc.

Keep posting, you're doing terrific!

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:29 AM   #18  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

heh...well, I am highly motivated to lose this last ten and KEEP IT OFF because of a local gossip queen/ruler of the community. Once people started noticing I was losing weight she began telling people I'd never lose it all, then when she saw how serious I was she said I'll "never keep it off". She is the same one who started the rumor I had WLS as well. The WLS rumor came after she realized I was still going, and she had to find a reason that I was still "keeping it off" LOL Oh the things we do to pi$$ other people off...What fun!

For a while I did take her words very personally, but have began to realize, (after knowing her for 20 years) that she talks trash about everyone...not just me. I'm not special, just a good topic of discussion!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 05-07-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #19  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well, if someone said they wouldn't "waste the money" to come see me, but I could come up and see them, I wouldn't be seeing them anymore. I think your friend is a case of arrested emotional development.

If you can use her insulting behavior to fuel your motivation, great! It will keep you going for awhile!

For me, life is too short to spend on getting revenge...

Edited to add: I also don't wish obesity on anyone.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 05-07-2009 at 08:36 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #20  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Maybe not quite revenge but I have a fair few 'in your faces' spurring me on!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #21  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

I don't think is revenge but I want to teach a lesson to my sister in law. When I was dating my husband I was just a few pounds overweight so I was still looking ok. After giving birth and going thru everything that we went with my son I started gaining and gaining, I now recognize that it was a kind of depression. She is a very judgemental person and I noticed that in a couple of ocassions when we were eating out together she made comments to my husband. I never bring this to his attention since she is the only sister that he has here and I don't want to create any type of resentment between them, It's not my style.

When we told her I was doing WW she gave a look to my husband and I now what she meant with it. I want to teach her that we can not have control of all aspects of life, that some things can happen and we don't have control over them and as humans we are not perfect and we can fail at times. I want to show her that by being my old self again.

And I do agree, that's not a friend.

Last edited by Renacer; 05-07-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Renacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #22  

I do have a person who motivates me to lose but it isn't really a 'revenge' thing so much as an 'avenge' for my spouse. My hubs has an ex-wife who cheated on him but portrays herself to be this 'sweetness and light' Christian woman even though she hasn't lived that way when she doesn't have an audience. It's been nothing to me all these years because she and I haven't met and it's like she didn't exist.

Recently, I've discovered that we have a mutual acquaintence and it honestly creeped me out. As a result, I've discovered another way that our circles will likely cross in the not so distant future. I want to look great so that she knows my hubs upgraded in every possible way when he got me. It's totally immature but it's the truth of it.

There's a book I LOVE on weight loss, "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" by Tom Venuto and the entire first chapter is dedicated to goal setting and motivation. He specifically tells you to tie your goals to something that's highly emotionally charged for you because it will strengthen your resolve tremendously. He probably wouldn't recommend attaching to a negative emotion but hey, I gotta go with what works. LOL!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/155

Height: 5' 4"

When I first started to type in this box, it was going to be about how I'm not doing this out of revenge and blah, blah, blah....

But then I got distracted and in those brief few moments, I thought about my ex mother-in-law who said to me "you used to be a pretty girl", and my ex-husband who was embarrassed to be "married to somebody over 200 pounds" and...well, the list kept growing.

I guess the fact is that although I KNOW I need to lose weight and and feel like I'm doing it for me and all the other right reasons like health, the fact is that it feels pretty good to realize that as I work off a the pounds, I'm shedding those hateful moments. I AM still a pretty girl, she's just hiding under this fat suit. I will not embarrass the next man in my life because he'll love me unconditionally. But still, I wanna show those people from the past that I can do it, that I did it and that they were wrong about me.

Revenge? I guess it is on my list of motivators.

Last edited by NicoleDiana; 05-07-2009 at 11:04 AM.
NicoleDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #24  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I have this fantasy that I will run into a guy who made my life a living **** when I was in grade 7. He was a year older than me and tormented me in front of my class and his, every single day. There were many others who did this to me but he was the worst.

Anyway, I picture that I am at a bar looking movie star hot (maybe I am shooting too high lol), and there are also other people from my school days around, maybe it's a reunion. He'll hit on me not knowing who I am, and I will laugh and shut him down. I'll walk away to the dance floor and somebody will say to him, 'don't you realize who that was?' And tell him... and then he'll feel like the @ss that he is/was....

I doubt it will happen just like this but I can dream.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:43 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 255/230/150

Height: 5'2"

My sister! I love her BUT.... she makes these comments sometimes like "I'm the cute one." or "Atleast I am cute."

She lives out of state so we do not see eachother much. Also she has a gastric bypass and is down to like 100 lbs. I am happy for her BUT that doesn't give her a license to make rude comments.
Razorcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorcandy View Post
My sister! I love her BUT.... she makes these comments sometimes like "I'm the cute one." or "Atleast I am cute."
Next time you see her, it's time to whip out the "air quotes." Keep saying "but oh yeah, you're the "cute one"" and make REALLY exaggerated quote marks with your fingers! Put a little pause between the words cute and one too, hee, it should drive her nuts!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:43 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 260/234/140

Height: 5'4"

Yes, yes it is. x) It's not my only motivator, but...damn. It's an effective one.
craftykath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:23 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

wow, that "friend" of yours sure is nice. :X

when i started to get healthy and lose weight, it was for me. i wanted to look and feel good, and i wanted my boyfriend to be proud of me. i wanted him to flaunt me. but he broke up with me last month...and now, i've decided i am going to become incredibly healthy and good looking not only for ME, but to spite him. when he looks at me, i want him to regret ever leaving me.
sarahmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 179/???/150

Height: 5'6"

I just broke off a 2 and a half year relationship, and although I feel a little like it's revenge for me to get in better shape, I really think it's just a realization that I've put off and ignored something that's always been important to myself. Exercise and not binging on nachos. Also, I really think that the better care you take of yourself, the better people you will attract!

Last edited by cookiemonster; 05-08-2009 at 02:23 PM.
cookiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

I don't really have anyone I need "revenge" on, but showing off is definitely a big motivator for me!! I've got my 10 year high school reunion this fall, and while I might not go (out of the 400+ people in my class, I only knew about 20, and most of them might not go), I was about 140/150 in high school, an inch or two shorter than I am now, and I really want to be back to or even past that weight by then. I want to be one of the people who actually looks better 10 years later.
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote