Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #1  
Keep on Keepin' ON

S/C/G: 190/179/150

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy In desperate need of encouragement.

Hey everyone.

Ok, so my last post I had decided that I wanted to maintain for awhile, and I have done well since I put up the post. I haven't had a gain (apart from TOM-related nonsense) and being sick, so I'm very happy about that.

That said, I decided since I was less than 10lbs from my final goal I would take pictures. Well my friends, I did NOT like what I saw. I don't have pictures of me at my high weight of 190 (although I know they were much worse than these) but...ew.

Taking these pictures has made me decide to push my goal weight back to 130 which means that instead of being 9 pounds from goal I am now 24. I am still more than halfway there but...the end is much further away now.

I feel a bit overwhelmed. I know that I've already lost more than this new amount but...I had thought I was so close, you know? I know that it is worth it and that I can do it but at the same time it kills me that I've lost close to 40 lbs already and I'm still not happy.

*hugs* thank you for listening. Any words of advice or encouragement would be vastly appreciated right now.

All the love,
Sidheag.
Sidheag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #2  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Hi, you know you can do it! I would also check out the maintainers or the featherweights forum for extra support in your last little bit. Also strength training will help you to tone up and maybe change your shape.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/201/150

Height: 5'4"

You might just be too critical of yourself too! I know that in the past when I lost weight I would still look at myself and not like what I saw. Now that I have gained and look back at pictures of when I was smaller I realize I actually did look pretty good!

From your numbers you seem to have done an amazing job and I'm sure you actually are looking great! If you decide you want to lose more that is totally up to you but just don't be too hard on yourself!
tammyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Why don't you post the pics? You may be having a bit of lag time between your weight and body truth and what your mind thinks...I'm down to 181 from 244lbs and as weird as this sounds, I see ABSOLUTELY no difference. Not in the mirror, not in phots. I DO see the difference in clothing size, so that is what I'm going on.
Post some photos and see what others say!
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #5  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I can totally relate to what you're feeling. I think maybe we're so used to seeing our bodies in a negative light that it's difficult to see anything else even when we make positive changes. Personally, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever like what I see in the mirror.

Why not keep your original goal, then reassess things when you reach it? At our size, nine pounds can make a big difference! If you're not satisfied with your body when you get there, you can always choose to lose more, but at least you'll have the satisfaction of having met your original goal.

Once I get to 145, I'm going to set five pound mini-goals until I think I've lost enough. I'm hoping that will help me avoid feeling like I have SO much more to lose.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #6  
Junior chick

S/C/G: 228/187/140

Height: 5'6

I know what you mean. But don't feel bad about this...you are just continuing your journey. Be sure that you are really being honest about what you're eating, and plan and think about what you will be eating on maintenance...that's the key. By switching to whole foods, you will be healthier and keep your weight off. Think fruits, veggies, grains, beans and fish. Good luck!

Last edited by Peep Smith; 05-05-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Peep Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Why not take it 5 lbs. at a time? That really worked for me.
My first goal was 145, then 140, then 135, then 130. I finally delcared "goal" at 130 (I'm 5'4"). Even after hitting goal and continuing to exercise, my body dropped a few more lbs. while I figured out what maintenance looked like for me.

Don't be discouraged - just look at it as a journey. You CAN do this, and it doesn't matter how long it takes.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote