Scale Recommendations??

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I am looking to purchase new scales. I need something that is accurate and easy to use. What brand do you recommend and why?

Thanks in advance!
  • Tanita Large Capacity Scale. I got mine online and it was total about $70. But believe me it is worth the money. Gives wonderfully accurate readings every time and has 5 buttons on it that lets 5 different people weigh and it records the last weight on each one. My experience has been WONDERFUL with this scale. I dont worry if its correct or not cause it has been every single time..........Tanita Large Capacity Scale...............Its digital.

If you buy cheap, you'll get an unsatisfactory product (my experience)

Good luck!
  • I'm a fan of anything non-digital! I've tried a number, and find that I can shift my weight and get a different reading every time. I have a balance scale from a medical supply outfit that is consistent.
    BUT, I tend to be a scale-hopper, so my DH has hidden the scale from me. I weigh in once a week only at my WW meetings!
    I've never tried the Tanita, though! It sounds amazing!
    Kira
  • I bought a WW scale from Walmart a few years ago. It was about $20. Its digital, and it seems to work pretty well.
  • I just got this a few weeks ago, it's the best scale I've ever owned! Super super accurate, matches the scale at my WW meetings exactly! It's easy to use, you just have to nudge it with your foot to turn it on before you step on it.

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Digit...1481050&sr=8-5
  • Thought I'd bump this up and hopefully get a few more recommendations. I wanted to get the eatsmart scales, but they aren't selling them anymore.
  • What kind of scale are you using now?
  • Quote: What kind of scale are you using now?
    I have no idea what brand they are - it's just a very old set of analog scales.
  • My WW digital scale gives me consistent weight readings but inconsistent body fat % each time I step on it (even if my readings are only seconds apart), so I wouldn't recommend it. I've heard really great things about Tanita scales, though, so my next one will probably be a Tanita.
  • Ditto on the Weight Watcher's digital scale. I've had it for about 2 years and it's consistent with the weight measurement. I test it with my ankle wts now and again and it's always right on the money.
  • I have a tanita scale also. I really like it so far and it has room for two users so my fiancee and I can both use it.

It matches the pro scale at my gym every time, but I'm not sure about the body fat% and water% readings. If I weigh myself at the beginning and end of the day I'll see up to 2% points difference in my body fat%.
  • I have a digital, Weight Watchers scale, and it weighs accurately (I also weigh-in at a weight loss support group, so I know). It was $50 from Wal Mart.
  • DONT get Taylor brand, they're terribly inaccurate (I've tried and returned 3 or 4 different taylor models). There are a lot of cheap scales at wal-mart that work just fine, though.
  • see I've tried three different cheap wal-mart scales and found THEM all horribly inaccurate but my expensive Taylor scale is right on the money. LOL! Must be a canadian thing.
  • My scale pooped out on me this morning. The first time I stepped on it, I got an "E" instead of a number. OK, I know I ate a lot of sodium yesterday but COME ON! So I stepped on several times and got either a semi-ballparkish weight or a "LOW". So tonight I finally figured out how to get the battery out of the darn thing and will be replacing it tomorrow.

The brand is HealthOMeter and the sticker on the back says it was made in 2004 so it's kind of old. I'd like to have a super accurate new one, but truth be told--I'm afraid that it might give me a different weight and then I won't know where the heck I am!

So I'll try replacing the battery first. It's not a super reliable scale; if you step on it 5 times, you'll be lucky to have two weights the same.