What I WONT miss about being fat!!

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • These are things that I wont miss about being fat..things I look forward to and keep me motivated!!

Feel free to post your own things you cant wait to accomplish, or have already accomplished!!

I am tired of being tired.
    I want to fit into cute clothes and be able to ride all the rides at amusement parks and the county fair.
    I want to sit in an airplane seat without the "armrest"(for me its a hip torture device) and seatbelt digging into me.
    I want to stop getting negative looks when im out with my (very attractive) boyfriend.
    I want to be "sexy" for him, and although he already says I am, I want to feel it myself.
    I dont want my hipbones to stick out, I dont want to see every rib. I want to be healthy. I DO want to look better, but I really want to feel better. I have so many insecurities because of my weight. Someone can be telling a joke in the mall with a group of people and I automatically assume theyre laughing at me. I feel like total strangers talk badly about me.
    I feel like my boyfriends thoughts are "fatass", "gross", "ugly"..

i want him to want to show me off to his friends, and be proud in public.

I want to feel confident

I want to go into victorias secret and be able to buy something OTHER than lotion or body spray

I want to go into a cute clothing store with friends, and actually be able to buy the clothes, and not just go over to the sunglasses and accessories.

I want to eat only when I am hungry, and use food as fuel

I want to be able to walk a few blocks and not get short of breath

I want to be able to wear jeans below my belly button

I want people to stop saying "you have such a pretty face"

I want to NOT have to wear bike shorts under skirts because my thighs rub together...gross, i know, but its a plague i face lol

i want to STOP paying 35$ for a tshirt, just because of the "fat-tax"..sorry but that extra fabric doesnt cost that much to make, i know it

i want to be able to shop at more than 2 stores for clothes..those are the only ones that carry my size

i want to not dread walking by a group of people, in fear of what i think they are thinking about me

I want to sit on a couch without holding a pillow on my lap, i want to cross my legs, and stop putting my purse/jacket over my lap in public

i want to stop that sudden fear before sitting in a restaurant booth that i just might not fit..i actually gauge which side is bigger and hurry to sit there

i want to stop being looked at when i eat in public..people just gawk at me..but when i eat a salad people laugh..what gives??

i want to be in single digit ring sizes/wear normal sized bracelets and rings

um, i want to be able to shave my thighs!..and my legs in a reasonable amount of time..

i want to be able to walk on surfaces without fearing they might break or something..

i want to be able to just hop into someones car without fearing the seatbelt wont fit, or ill break the seat or something

i want to sit in chairs with armrests

i want to be able to comfortably paint my toes

i want to be able to wear summer clothes, because its freakin hot outside, and i have to wear jeans and tshirts

I am such a girly girl at heart, I have a great fashion sense and I love fashion magazines..I should be able to wear the things I see in there..not just the "full figure" suggestions on one page out of 300

I really want to be healthy. I want my joints and back to stop hurting. I want my knees to not feel like Im an 80 year old.

i want to not have chest pains at 19 years old

i want to break free of this fatsuit forever

I know people are probably saying "suck it up, you did this to yourself"..i know,a nd im trying so hard to take control of this..but these are things that I face daily, and Im sure others do as well..
    I just needed to get these things off my chest, and I want to say bye bye to NOT fitting into life..forever!
  • ... This is a long list, but good.

I don't want my thighs to rub together.
    And everything you mentioned here.
  • I wont miss being fat!

I want to be able to ride ALL the rides at the amusement park!
  • tlp..what a thought provoking list..hugs are coming your way as well as every wish for you to attain each and every point on your list..you can so do this!

I will not miss carrying Excedrin in the bottom of my purse because I have pain. I will not miss coming home because I am tired. I will not miss my heightened risk or cardiovascular disease, diabetes, M.S., and cancer.
  • tlp, this is a great list. You can totally do it. It's your own personal journey and best of luck to you.
  • I won't miss watching my thighs and stomach spread out when I sit down.
    I won't miss trying to tilt my chin up in pictures so it won't look like I have a double chin.
    I won't miss having to wear all my jeans 'low' because it's more comfortable that way.
    I won't miss having to prove that I'm sticking to this because I'll be living proof!

Good for you for taking control of your weight, your health and most of all, your life! I am excited to see how this journey works for you, I just have good feelings about you getting to a comfortable weight that you are fit and happy with! Good luck!
  • I've got one....I wont miss being asked when my baby is due! I am gonna start saying, "My baby was due 10 years ago!"

I also am with you on the couch thing. I always look for a pillow to put in my lap to hide my tummy. I definitely wont miss that!

Ditto on many of the other things as well.
  • "I know people are probably saying "suck it up, you did this to yourself"..i know,a nd im trying so hard to take control of this..but these are things that I face daily, and Im sure others do as well.."

Welcome to a place where no one will make that generalization =)
    Well that I've seen.
    The internet does have that troll plague ....
  • What a great list! I'm going to bookmark this so I can look back when I get discouraged. There are so many things to look forward to. The thighs rubbing together thing...oooh I hate that! I am also looking forward to being able to shop for clothes anywhere I want. And, not to be too personal, I am looking forward to being able make love to my husband in more than 2 positions. :-)
  • I
    Want
    Smaller
    Boobs
  • I don't miss the chafing between my thighs, boils in the creases of my sides, knee aches, being out of breath walking upstairs, wondering if I'll fit into chairs in public (I now have room to spare), hiding from cameras, nasty looks and comments, and feeling out of place everywhere I went.

I was in your shoes not so long ago, and someday (in the not too distant future!) you'll be in mine.
  • A couple days ago I was putting on my panties after a shower, and they weren't "riding" quite right, you know what I mean? So I spread my knees apart and kind of hopped up and down once to settle them correctly and the KER-SLWAP! sound my thighs made against each other is one thing I WON'T MISS!!! (gross)
  • I will not miss having to stop in the middle of playing with my kids, because I'm simply out of breath.

I will not miss the way my knee's ache when I get up.

However, I will miss my boobs. Every time I have lost weight, my boobs were the first to go. lol!
  • I won't miss this matronly figure that I somehow acquired over the past decade or two. And I won't miss feeling matronly, heavy, and old. After just a few pounds, I'm feeling light-years better so I'm really looking forward to the feeling I'll have in another 20 or 40 pounds. I can't wait!!!
  • i feel like I am constantly nodding my head in agreement with all of your posts..its amazing how alone you feel when youre fat, but in reality, there ARE people who feel your pain. To all who have reached their goals or are very close to reaching them, I applaud you and admire your strength. To all those (myself included) who are on their way, lets do it together! I come back to this list when I need some encouragement..becase Lord knows dominos pizza is only a phone call away sometimes! lol

lets keep it up ladies!