Hitting the wall

• Hello everyone,

About 4 years ago, I embarked upon a weightloss journey and by working out 6 days a week and watching what I ate, I lost about 100 lbs in 2 years. Anyway, I am now about 155 and a size 10-12 at 5'4''. I'm trying to lose like 20 more pounds but now having any luck . I have been working out every day and not eating any kind of greasy, fried food and watching calorie intake!!

Any advice on how to break through this wall so I can get to where I want to be?

Thanks in advance
  • First let me say !WOW! What an inspiration you are. You have done a fantastic job.

Have you tried varying your routine some? Maybe changing up how you eat, what you eat or your exercise program? I have never made it to the point you are so I am not much help. But kudos to you for losing so much weight.
  • Tom Venuto's e-book "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" is, bar none, the best book on FAT loss I have ever read. He has a lot of suggestions in there including increasing your healthy calories a little, doing a zig-zag method of calorie counting where you eat at 30% below your baseline calorie needs for 3 days then at just 10% below on day 4. The up and down of calories helps keep your body out of starvation mode. You may just want to read the book. It's really inspiring and PACKED with information.
  • Oh- and congratulations on an awesome loss! I really admire your determination and, most importantly, commitment over time.
  • Thanks, everyone! I will have to look into that book. I have been trying to mix up my workouts e.g. ellipticle/running outside/weight lifting with little results. I never knew it would be so hard when you reach a certain point! Ack!

thanks also for the compliments. Trust me, I'm not an athlete and I looove chocolate so if I can do it, ANYONE can :-)