3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Do you have a "target outfit"? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/170348-do-you-have-target-outfit.html)

kiramira 04-28-2009 06:46 PM

Do you have a "target outfit"?

Hi all!
There is a thread on 3FC about those of us who have a piece of clothing to "remember" when we were larger.
Which got me to thinking --
Does anyone here have a target outfit? Something they want to fit back into? Or something they have bought with the hopes of fitting into? Or a piece of "dream clothing" that they WILL buy when they reach their goal?
Kira

Jassica 04-28-2009 06:58 PM

Basically my target outfits are all the clothes i was able to fit into a year ago.

Peep Smith 04-28-2009 07:02 PM

Oh, I so have a target outfit. Loose (yes, loose) blue jeans with a white blouse tucked in (yes, tucked in, not flapping and fooling no one), sandals, and a straw purse. Going to drive up to Point Reyes Station, go to the Station House Cafe, have myself a salad, and then walk in all my glory down Kehoe Beach.

Operator265 04-28-2009 07:03 PM

It's not a "final target" outfit, but, I did buy a Size 12 dress that I just had to have. I'm nearly there. And I have a sewing machine so once I get lower I can tailor my clothes.

chickiegirl 04-28-2009 07:21 PM

Old, faded size 34 jeans I wore when I was thin and maybe an awesome stripped XL Bitten sweater I have hanging in my closet. The jeans are men's GAP jeans and I LOVE THEM!

Rowenna 04-28-2009 07:29 PM

This swimsuit. I am in love with it, and as soon as I have the stomach (and guts) to wear it in public, I will buy it!

Peep Smith 04-28-2009 07:45 PM

Now that's some swimsuit! How classic it is, and how sexy.

Friday 04-28-2009 07:55 PM

i was not paying attention one day.. and at good will found this good jeans , i was in a hurry and tag said 15/16. Got them home. and Man.. they are small.
Looked it up and apparently its actually like a size 10! so i keep those jeans hanging in my walk in closet where i can see them!
I want to fit into those jeans!
lol :)

SweetScrumptious 04-28-2009 08:09 PM

I have some clothes that are a size too small for me. They are not necessarily a "target outfit" since I have a far bit more to go, but they act as a motivation piece. Once I fit into those clothes, I think I will keep buying smaller sizes to keep me going.

bindersbee 04-28-2009 08:20 PM

Yes and no. I bought a skirt on clearance about 5 years ago with the intention of getting into it. It was only 2 sizes lower than I was at the time but dog dang- it's taken me a very long time to finally fit into it. The good news is that it FITS.

I have a series of 'dream outfits' or whatever you want to call them. The first goal I have technically obtained but not quite. My first goal was to get down into a size 16 so I can buy clothes in the REGULAR SIZES dept. again. Farewell 'Women's' section. I went to a store last week that has both regular and womens' departments and discovered I am smack in between. The stuff in Womens is too big and the stuff in the regular department is still too snug. I'll go again when I get off another 6-7 lbs. and see if that does it.

I haven't thought too much about getting lower than that though. Too overwhelming for me. I have to take this one day at a time.

ringmaster 04-28-2009 08:24 PM

I have a few pairs of size 10 capris I bought last summer at the Express on clearance thinking I'd fit into them this year... still a goal with a few months left.

migotokokoro 04-28-2009 09:00 PM

There are some neon blue skinny jeans at the mall that I really like... O_O I want to fit into those!

ICUwishing 04-28-2009 09:08 PM

Well, yes, there's a fantasy dress that I wore as a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding back in 1993. It's black crepe, and was fitted like a glove. It was the last time I looked in a mirror and went, "whoa - hot!" It's in the back of my closet. I don't know what's possible yet - I had a 26 inch waist back then.

hcred123 04-28-2009 09:32 PM

I've always wanted to wear a long sleeve red blouse with a flowy white mini skirt...haha kinda specific but oh well :-) I also have a pretty blue dress that I bought with the hope of some day fitting in to!

hotnewspirits 04-28-2009 10:10 PM

I bought a dress online that was on super sale and was cute, but it was nonreturnable due to being clearance and I was optimistic and bought a Medium, but it's a little too tight in the boobs. I MAY be able to get away with wearing it with a cute little black cardigan or bolero but I'm holding out on wearing it at all until it really fits and I don't have to worry about my twins getting all squished haha.