3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I am so mad at myself (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/169915-i-am-so-mad-myself.html)

Tomato 04-23-2009 08:45 AM

I am so mad at myself

As I was getting out of the car at work, I realized I left my carefully pre-packed food at home. Grrrrrrrr! I am so mad at myself - how could I forget? I think it is in the basement (I go to the garage from the basement), I put my shoes on, grabbed my purse but forgot my lunchbag. There was a salad, a small lunch and cheese string with a pear. I have an appointment at 11:30 and it carefully planned to get me through the day.

I have been eating nothing short of perfect this week - not as hungry as I usually am and it was just going so well. Now I won't have a choice but to buy a sandwich from Tim Horton's as there is one right next door to my therapy place. I won't have time to drive around and go anywhere else (besides, it would be even worse anywhere else).
:( I am so not happy with myself today. But, at least, I already had a 45-minute Pilates class this morning.

midwife 04-23-2009 08:51 AM

I know you'll make the best choice you can at lunch, Tomato. That's a bummer though. Wish I could bring you your lunch!

JayEll 04-23-2009 09:01 AM

Aw, crap! :( Well, stuff happens! Just make the best choice you can at Tim Horton's and exercise portion control...

:hug:

Jay

Thighs Be Gone 04-23-2009 09:08 AM

awww so sorry Tomato--any chance there is a grocery nearby??

Dearest Tomato, Yes, those are a pair of size 4's hugging (loosely) my posterior! Thanks for noticing! :)

BTW, where did she go?

chickiegirl 04-23-2009 09:10 AM

I know for a while Tim's had vegie sandwiches and you could probably ask them to add a piece of cheese and have it on a WW or half a WW bagel with some soup.

It's not perfect, but it's something.

I don't think anything compares to our own food. You can just eat so much more and its exactly what you want.

Bummer about the lunch.

Lori Bell 04-23-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone (Post 2710300)
awww so sorry Tomato--any chance there is a grocery nearby??

Dearest Tomato, Yes, those are a pair of size 4's hugging (loosely) my posterior! Thanks for noticing! :)

BTW, where did she go?

She made some huge farewell speech awhile back basically saying she didn't need us anymore...:(

Tomato, sorry about the Lunch box fiasco...I hate it when I do stuff like that!

Devsmama 04-23-2009 09:51 AM

I did the same thing this morning trying to get my son out of the door. Ugh, teenage boys!!!!
I have to eat at work today, I have no idea what..Oh well...I'm human.

ceal2000 04-23-2009 11:12 AM

Hi, I also left my carefully prepared lunch :( a couple of days ago,
I went over to the grocery store near my job and bought a salad, & some chicken (baked) from the deli which I added to the salad, I also bought a bottle of rice vinegar to sprinkle on it, I was feeling so good about my food choices that I treated myself to a bottle of unsweetened green tea, in the past I would have visited the vending machine.:)

DCHound 04-23-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

She made some huge farewell speech awhile back basically saying she didn't need us anymore
That's too bad, I really miss her.

kittycat40 04-23-2009 11:34 AM

BTDT!!!! So frustrating.....

Yesterday, in a last minute very rushed moment of actually remembering my lunch I grabbed this huge tupper of soup-- no time to portion it out, figured I'll bring it all and bring back what I don't eat. So I threw it into a plastic shopping bag, knotted it and pushed it down into my backpack. Then I dashed out of the house and ran (literally) to the train station. While on the train (which by the way stopped dead for 15 minutes) I opened my pack and smelled a very strong food smell. Huh? uh, oh!! The tupper lid came off and half the soup had spilled into the bag.. Luckily only a bit escaped the bag and wet the rest of stuff in my backpack.

'snot easy..... but it is WORTH IT!!!! :)

beerab 04-23-2009 11:34 AM

That's like I just tried a bunch of new healthy choice meals (man was I disapointed) and the one I had yesterday was SO terrible I tossed it out. There is an el pollo loco nearby and I went and got a mexican cesar salad without the dressing and put salsa in it instead, very yummy and less than 300 calories :D

kittycat40 04-23-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori Bell (Post 2710342)
She made some huge farewell speech awhile back basically saying she didn't need us anymore...:(

!

didn't she then return and take back the farewell??

mayness 04-23-2009 11:42 AM

Oh man, I've done that! It's annoying no matter what... but if you're trying to eat healthy and/or trying to save money (and I'm always doing both) it's soooo frustrating.

:hug:

ICUwishing 04-23-2009 12:20 PM

Been there. But man, once you get the bug to do it right and you're "on", it's amazing what mountains you can move to make it work. Ah, if I could only bottle that determination, it would truly be the magic pill ... but perhaps if I hadn't spent so many years searching for that magic pill, I could have already been enjoying a decade or more at goal!

JayEll 04-23-2009 12:51 PM

Schumeany did return and take back the farewell. But she hasn't posted too much in the last month. I think she drops in, though!

Jay