3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Frikkin' Starving Here!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/169709-frikkin-starving-here.html)

NorCal Jen 04-20-2009 11:22 PM

Frikkin' Starving Here!!

Having a hard time with it this evening. I've been good all day and stayed on track, but am just starving for some reason tonight. I just keep telling myself that it's all for the greater good and to stay strong! I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!!!

Ok, rant over, thanks for listening.

EZMONEY 04-20-2009 11:26 PM

so go grab a few rice crackers and a bunch of sicilian olives....works for me!

bargoo 04-20-2009 11:28 PM

Are you hungry or bored ? Or thristy ?

skinnywish 04-20-2009 11:29 PM

that was exactly me last night! i wanted popcorn SO bad, but really try and not eat after supper. so i had a big glass of water and a dill pickle to satisfy my crunchy salty craving and was satisfied...for the most part...popcorn still woulda been nice ;)

you can do it!

Riverite 04-20-2009 11:30 PM

You CAN do it! You made good decisions all day--you can keep doing it for a few more hours!

Nights are hard. Have a few glasses of water, read some posts, and keep in mind that you are in control.

NorCal Jen 04-20-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverite (Post 2706883)
You CAN do it! You made good decisions all day--you can keep doing it for a few more hours!

Nights are hard. Have a few glasses of water, read some posts, and keep in mind that you are in control.

That's exactly what I did. Got a big glass of mixed berry Crystal Light and am cruising more posts.

Thanks for the good thoughts.

Riverite 04-20-2009 11:36 PM

I'm with you--that's my plan for the next 30 or so minutes too...we can both make it through....

teawithsunshine 04-21-2009 04:29 AM

How many calories are you eating in a given day? You may not be eating enough???

Lori Bell 04-21-2009 09:09 AM

That's what I thought Tea. Either not enough calories...or just not enough volume.

I've been working very hard out in the yard/garden the last 2 weeks, and it is very tough physical labor. I have been starving in the evenings. I finally just had to take some time to make up a huge batch of cabbage/veggie stir-fry and a huge mixed fruit salad to get me over the hump. When I don't have plenty of low calorie filling foods to eat, I'll overeat on stuff I don't really even like just because of real hungar. I also find if I read to much 3fc chicks when I'm starving I'll overeat. There are so many posts of binge confessions...(followed by 3 pages of people telling them it's okay to do so) that I start thinking, "hummm...if it's okay for that person to pig out and they are forgiven, then it's okay for me". I don't want to binge, so I've had to limit my reading to select posts at 3fc.

beerab 04-21-2009 10:02 AM

Ug I know how you feel about that- I do the same at times- I'm starving- but I'll make up a quick low cal salad or munch on some veggies or something. I try to get in a snack that's filling and less than 100 calories.

Or if all else fails I'll go to bed- more sleep anyways! :D

sweetandspicy 04-21-2009 10:16 AM

All good suggestions. Since I began my weight loss journey I have been pre-cooking and preparing healthy snacks. It has helped me stay on track. I have found now that I exercise after I eat and clean the kitchen I am not hungry at night anymore. I am hoping my exercise "high" continues to eliminate my late night cravings.