Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 225/215/135

Height: 5'5"

We had so much fun at the gym last night! One good thing that's changed is that I just love working out. That was never true until after I hit 40. It was a great surprise to realize. Still, finding time and making it a priority is a whole nuther thing. We decided that we are going to go on Tuesday and Saturday nights. That will be our priority on those nights. Sky is so happy! (So are we)

I was thinking I'd use the better scale at the gym to weigh myself, but I'm 3 pounds heavier on it. Man, I was so excited about getting past the 20's! Well, that's only the beginning, so when I feel more confident and on track, I'll switch to the evening weight on the gym scale.

We had nice salads with salmon for dinner and I had one small glass of wine. I worked out on three pieces of equipment last night: the first is called arch trainer, I think, 20 minutes, then treadmill, 10 minutes, then elliptical, I think it's called for 15 minutes. Then, in the pool for about an hour. I don't do laps because it's fun time with Jim and Sky, so I challenge myself to never stop moving. I jump, swing Sky around, swim, whatever.

It felt good. Today I'm going to work on eating smaller portions, getting some wii exercise, along with the rest of it.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 225/215/135

Height: 5'5"

And WELCOME to emzee!!

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to a friend's bridal shower, so wish me luck on the food.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! How did the bridal shower go?
Old 04-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #78  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Gary- I love those cooking light mags. You should keep them and cook from them. Dinner was okay. One dish needed more seasoning and the brownies are great.

Emzee- I'm right there with you. I am enjoying working out these days and challenging myself. I feel so much more fit than at any other time in my life.

Dutch- Just keep going. It gets easier, truly it does.

I did Jillian's Trouble Spot DVD last night. It is a GREAT workout. Since the sun is shining here today, I think I will hit the streets for today's workout. I have shed 3 of the 5 pounds gained. Must keep going.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #79  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Can I take that magic baloney pill, too!!!!? Puh-leeese are there any left?

It sounds like several of you are doing the daily weigh-in thing too - I know there's people on both sides of the fence on this one, and today, when after being good all week I watch once again the scale creep up (no PMS involved) I am thinking the once-a-weekers have a point! I was sooooo close to my 10 lb goal - like there's a little neener-neener-Simpsons-dirty-tricks-angel-type-character teasing me.

But I'm fascinated by my body and in this first month of making my commitment there does some to be this weird pattern of dropping a bunch (like a pound and a half) then coasting for three or four days, then a spike and then a drop again. Course that could be my cheapo Walgreen's scale (just affording that was a big thing out of my budget). I keep telling myself this is the same pattern but overall this week compared to the previous I did lose a lot less and not quite to goal. I have a 1.75 goal each week and this last week I only did 1.2.

Next week though the BF finishes his online MBA class and starts training for his upcoming yoga teacher's certification. He promises me at least three nights in the exercise room (I don't feel safe going by myself). So maybe that will jumpstart my metabolism again. If not maybe I have to rethink my calories but I thought I had those right (1280 - and then if I exercise a lot that day I'll let myself go up to 1450 - as long as I keep my deficit at around 970). And I'm paranoid - I have been increasing fiber and lowering fat - maybe I've lowered fat too much?!

LOL - I still lost a pound this week and I'm getting paranoid. It's a beautiful day here. Wish me luck getting the BF up out of bed on his day off to get outside. I need to get my head out of constantly thinking about this. That's definitely NOT part of a lifestyle change! The idea is for this all to come naturally, right? To be enjoying my life. AND HEY - my pants are all looser and I feel better. I need to focus on the positive to bring more positive in my life, right Oprah?

Sorry, this turned into a novel. I'm so glad this is here! I'm taking that pill with my coffee now! Will post with results!
Old 04-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #80  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmZee View Post
We had so much fun at the gym last night! One good thing that's changed is that I just love working out.
And you have things to say about your fitness level?
You actually used the words fun and gym in the same sentence, and also the words love and working out.
You must be doing alright!
YOU GO GIRL
Old 04-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #81  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
But you've got to start somewhere if you really want to lose the weight. Just eating less is not going to do the trick, at least not for me.

Me either...gotta move it-move it too!
And besides, I am also heading for menopause (sorry Gary, there's that word again!) .....
No problem...it raises it's head around my house most evenings....hot....cold...hot...cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaugie View Post
.... well maybe not the exercising but that was because DH parents came to celebrate DS birthday yesterday.
You don't get the chance to celebrate too many 5 yr. old birthdays! You can exercise any day...so...get to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmZee View Post
.....We had nice salads with salmon for dinner and I had one small glass of wine. I worked out on three pieces of equipment last night: the first is called arch trainer, I think, 20 minutes, then treadmill, 10 minutes, then elliptical, I think it's called for 15 minutes. Then, in the pool for about an hour. I don't do laps because it's fun time with Jim and Sky, so I challenge myself to never stop moving. I jump, swing Sky around, swim, whatever.

It felt good.
It should feel good You deserve to feel good

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Gary- I love those cooking light mags. You should keep them and cook from them....I was gonna but I couldn't find any recipes with cheese!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblefrog View Post
Can I take that magic baloney pill, too!!!!? Puh-leeese are there any left?

At any given moment I can come up with BALONEY...I promise! WELCOME

I need to get my head out of constantly thinking about this. That's definitely NOT part of a lifestyle change! ....

Nothing wrong with thinking about it! Planning takes thinking! Obsessing about results is not good...thinking...planning...good meals...exercise...becoming a way of life is a good thing to think about
Enjoy the journey As far as weighing in....you will get many reasons here on when to do it....you need to figure out what works best for you...but ALWAYS remember on your journey...it isn't about the number on the scale...it is about doing the good things for your body that you deserve! The numbers will always drop....you just don't know when....as long as good things go into your body and good things come out...good food in...good exercise energy out...it will always work...and that is no baloney!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Dutchgirl-Very funny joke!

Whew this thread has been jumping but I enjoyed reading and catching up on the posts. Sorry I disappeared for a while. Checking back in here again. This past week was pretty stressful due to all the juicy but disgusting gossip that was being passed on to me. But I was proud of myself I didn't stress eat and eat huge portions. My two direct supervisors have basically gone to war with each other due to some things happening and some very unprofessional behavior/threats being said and the entire staff has been ducking for cover basically. HR may be coming out and doing staff interviews and asking questions which is not a good thing apparently if there are further complaints. I have maintained as usual this week. I rested a lot this past week and am feeling better but am not ready to go back to work tomorrow lol since I now need a mental rest due to what happened this week. Several good people on staff are now talking about looking elsewhere for a job which is upsetting. I was a bit lonely this past week and bored too as well since my hubby has been working a lot of side jobs at night after he gets off his day job so I really had to resist eating too much or out of boredom and etc.

Today has been a nice day with me and hubby. I did get some disappointing news today though while we were at Big Lots shopping. The boot camp I have signed up for has been canceled due to the owners having a family emergency and needing to shut down for some time and I will be getting my check mailed back to me. Fortunately I came home and was able to sign myself up for walking PE classes online for this summer instead. That way I have to do it since a grade is dependent on it along with my GPA. But from what I understand is all I have to do is walk an hour a day and record it and how my times and mileage improve and etc. So it shouldn't take too much time nor will I have to study. So I will still have plenty of time to have ME time and mom time and getting my house how I want it.

Welcome to all the new people!
Old 04-27-2009, 06:20 AM   #83  

Hey Brit, good to see you back.
Hope your mom's doing well!
Shame about the boot camp, you were looking forward to that. Walking and getting college credit for it sounds great though.
Have fun with it!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #84  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Sounds good! Life has finally slowed down a little bit. I'm still having trouble keeping my resolve, though.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #85  
Gaining Attitude

Thanks for the encouragement EZ! Around here, since I discovered the natural progesterone cream my boyfriend says things have gone from complete freaky hot cold hot cold to "normal" hot cold hot cold (he was married before me) LOL Consider it your chance to learn empathy skills GRIN.

Jeanette - hold on to that resolve - it's worth it! I'm right here with you.

I've decided a little of the problem IS the scale. If I stand on one foot and lean against the counter (oooh - 166 - can't wait to see that number) and then get on it again, I get a different number. Then I'll get on two or three more times and "that" number seems to "stick". So it works well enough for large weight loss tracking but it's going to drive me nuts with the decimal points.

Of course I'm going to go with the lowest number I registered today (heehee - yes, with both feet on the scale and not leaning against the counter). Still not to 195 (my ten lb goal) but closer again! See the magic pill is working already! .6 pound off ;-)

I did really do well yesterday though - we didn't go up to the mountains - rain and now snow have moved in again - but we went to a dog park. And then went to Whole Foods for dinner. I know that sounds funny - but we are on a budget, didn't want to tip (I know that's cheap - but well, that adds up!) and we wanted healthy dinner out. I never get out of the house except on walks and was jonesing. It's actually kind of fun to eat in the middle of a grocery store GRIN. I will have everyone know I passed up the cream laden Indian Korman (I think that's how it's spelled) that smelled OMGosh so heavenly AND dessert. Instead i had grilled tofu and vegie satay. And unlike I would have a month ago, instead of finishing the rice side of the bowl and the peanut satay sauce, I instead finished all my grilled vegies and tofu, instead. It's the journey, EZ says, it's the journey. Okay, baby steps...

WOOT WOOT me

And you know what - I wouldn't have thunk it, but "almost" 10 lbs does make a difference. My middle IS thinner. Even the BF noticed it. I was confident enough yesterday to wear a close fitting sport jacket and stand up straight in public (I'm a terrible slumper - like a turtle).

I thought about all the advice I've read here - all the stories, successes and falling off the wagon, and all the support - and that really helped me make those better choices. I really feel everyone is with me on both my good days and bad days!

Planning, yes - obsessing about the numbers, no! Thank you EVERYONE for posting, sharing and encouraging.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:22 AM   #86  
Doing it.

Thanks, bobble! I have chicken alfredo for lunch today, but what I really want is a cheeseburger. A really big one.

*weeps*
Old 04-27-2009, 12:09 PM   #87  
Gaining Attitude

No cheezburger! No cheezburger! It is cheezburger of death!! Heart attack in a bun...not your friend!!

You can do this - "BWAAAHAHAAAHHAA I have control over you, bad cravings, bad cravings"
Old 04-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #88  
Doing it.

HAHAHA! I had Subway. I've got a killer headache so I needed some lean protein.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

my lunch today was alfredo and pasta, 280 calories. Now breakfast was bagel, light cream cheese, a little butter and an Iced Mocha, and some non fat milk 436, that is way higher than i would like for it to be. No clue what I am going to do for dinner.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #90  
Gaining Attitude

Yeah for you Jeannette - I forgot - that IS a good "fast food trick" - choose Subway when you need something more yummy.

My biggest challenge has been coming up with a bfast that didn't leave me with the shakes by lunch. If it wasn't sausage...but finally do fairly well with pnutbutter...but looks like I'm going to have to have to give up coffee. Sigh. Hopefully I can find a good decaf substitute. I do love my coffee.

I work from home - so today my baby was supposed to make us a salmon asparagus omelet for b'lunch with parmasean cheese (okay - I'm having spiru-tein shake for dinner!) but he forgot the salmon! LOL. But he's making it very quickly now grin. My fault he says - I didn't put it out for him liked the thawed asparagus. ROFLOL. It's early for him...
Closed Thread