5 Lbs of BOLOGNA ~ GUARANTEED Magic Pill - Page 27 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:26 AM   #391  

Height: 5'6"

Hey everybody,
just a quick hello. Can't run this morning. We've been having spectacular thunderstorms all night long and I don't mind running in the rain one bit, but lightning (and lots of it) is where I draw the line.
So hopefully tonight after work I can make up for it.

Hope you all have a terrific day, I'll check back in later
Old 05-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #392  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Morning all - have to get kitty back to vet for bloodwork this morning and she had a bad night throwing up so is hiding under bed. Was going to try to do it myself and leave the BF to deal with maintenance and our dishwasher which flooded us out Saturday but thinking that is a bad idea. The dishwasher can wait!

Had fun yesterday but drank and ate too much - I think it's the first time I've been OP. We went up the mountains to visit friends and played Wii bowling and the wine bottle just kept calling me - along with pretzels, guacamole, hamburgers and corn on the cob. Sigh.

Wouldn't be so bad (and I wouldn't have been so bad) except the weekend was all drama as my BF's sister and her son got kicked out of where she was living in the middle of the night and now we are the only ones left for her to start her manipulations on. I thought I handled everything calmly until last night when I had an anxiety attack. All that wine and feeling trapped.

They are in a resident hotel for now, but I can't live with their drama being a daily part of our life. But they've alienating the last family members except my BF so what to do? Just try to live around it for now I guess.

And I am feeling discouraged when the scale didn't move Sunday that maybe I won't make my goal after all for my birthday. 15 pounds in 2 months is good I know, but I really hoped to get off another 10 before the 5th of July. The OP day is going to be a struggle to bounce back from so maybe I won't lose again next week...ah well...this is the true test isn't? About getting back on the horse and focusing on the journey?!

Hugs to all - more later in the week - loving the rain we have been getting here.

Last edited by bobblefrog; 05-26-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #393  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Dutch- Running in thunderstorms is probably not the best idea. Glad you opted out.

Bobble- I am discouraged often with my scale. It just doesn't cooperate. I just keep going and eventually I see a lower number. The last 2 months has been especially bad thoug. I have made little to no progress it seems.

So, my moral. I must keep doing what I'm doing. There is no rhyme nor reason as to how my body functions. So, workout, eat right and pray.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #394  
Gaining Attitude

mtiger - I was just reading a poll they've started a thread on - what different people do when they plateau and it seems the majority do just "stick to plan". Maybe double check to ensure they are doing everything right, but otherwise just keep "chugging".

Thanks for the encouragement! I know you must be frustrated so to hear your commitment really gives me a lift.

I decided to re-frame my Memorial Day splurge. Since I didn't lose on my Sunday weigh-in I'm thinking of it as a "refeed day". I think I've heard it called that. And then the rest of this week I'll lower my calories a little each day. A shake "up" and a shake "down".

And yes, as hard as it was - I did go in today and count everything from yesterday as best I could. I ended up at 2500ish calories - and since we were active doing Wii boxing and bowling I may have actually ended up burning just slightly more than I ate. Okay. So not so scary. And it was a good exercise in knowing what pleasure foods have in them calorie-wise. So I can be more judicious in the future. I did make a few good choices like pretzels rather than chips. And guac with tomatoes rather than straight. Never realized it but, duh, that really stretches the flavor and volume without adding the calories.

Vet appt was more drama free than expected so at least that's over. Get the results tomorrow and go from there.

Off to the exercise room tonight!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:44 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

So I had to leave work today running a fever and go to the doctor since I woke up this morning and absolutely could not go no matter what I tried which was a little scary and the back pain was back. I apparently most likely have an antibotic resistant UTI infection since it was re confirmed I still have it today at my doctor. So my doctor is sending my sample to the lab to be tested for other things and for cultures to be grown and finally we can find the right antibotic to knock this out for good. So I should know by Friday thank goodness. Then I had to take my dog to the vet for a checkup and the vet was thrilled with his progress so I felt like a good mommy which I needed a pick me up. So today was nothing but seeing doctors and dealing with medications and the pharmacy. I'm mad at my insurance right now since I had to pay out of pocket for a medication I need due to yeast infections that I always get from regular antibotics for but am limited to one pill a month and it wasn't even that much so it made absolutely no sense even the pharmacist was teed off. I pay way too much a month to deal with crap like that so I'll be figuring out how to call and complain and etc. Not much will be done probably but they'll have my complaint on record. I get home and I get told by a co-worker by text message that two highly infectious things are going around one is Fifth's disease which is a skin rash apparently and one of my classroom kids has it for sure so I'm around him a lot, then one of our kids has scarlett fever but I'm not around him much since he's in a different room all day. But still Yikes..I just keep repeating to myself 8 more days of work.. One good piece of news.. I am down at least another pound. I got weighed today with clothes and shoes on today at the doctor and it showed 207.6 so I'll be trying to remember to weigh in the morning.

have a good night!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #396  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

So wow I just had to post before I dash to work. I have apparently lost 2.6 pounds. That pesky .6 is gone. So I am down to 205! 200 sure looks like it's on its way. Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #397  
Gaining Attitude

Oh Blonde - your body sounds so out of whack! And under siege - I take it you work as a teacher? Only a few more days....crossing my fingers for you that you make it out ALIVE! My BF works with the public in close quarters - he's been bringing things home for years. But the worst was when I part-timed at a library and working with children's books. You can imagine...since then I've seen librarians wear gloves to work circulation...DOH what a good idea (even if slightly surreal).

Well, vet called and left message - little Salem did test positive for hyper-T, which considering the symptoms is the one disease that has the best chance of being managed. Of course we won't know if there are other problems until after we start medicating her. There still is the fearsome spector of renal failure that could be masked by the hyperthyroidism. But there's also good chance this is all it is, she'll respond well to the medication and then I can laugh at myself for researching myself into quite the scare.

And my BF's sister hasn't called ... almost been 48 hours. Maybe I've been writing a story there, too, that isn't going to actually come to fruition?

No workout last night though - the exercise room is off limits until they finish getting the pool ready (you access the exercise room after hours through the pool area). But it'll be available again Sunday. I'm back OP though diet-wise, though. So maybe I'll still get off that 10 lbs by July 5th.....
Old 05-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #398  
mtiger

Wink

GRR!! I am so tired of seeing the 190's. Up a little more today. I am hoping this is my mid-cycle gain, coming a bit late. I hope it goes away quickly. I want those 180's back. Did BL Bootcamp tonight for the first time in a long time. It was tough and man what a workout.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #399  
Gaining Attitude

Blonde - doh
CONGRATS!!!

I had a whole long post written out asking what Mindy and MrsAugie were doing to try to shake out their latest stalls...and then asking where everyone was...but then I clicked on EZ's avatar to see if there was a bigger picture (I finally read it LOVE IT!) and lost the whole post. Ah well.

I hope the thunderstorms are over dutchgirl and your garden was happy for the rain...

Am missing our Super J though, and Mandy -hope that ankle is healing up - and did we lose Jules?
Old 05-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #400  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi TEAM ~

I have been lurking but really busy the last few days at my son and dil's new house with painting and moving.

Watching the Laker game right now....if it doesn't go any better than the other night I will lose a few calories screaming!!

That is unless I open up the beers faster!

My weight is maintaining at the crappy number 183 again.

I really am amazed that it is that high and trying to get time to go back and re-think my journey....I know some of the things I have done wrong but I just don't see them as being that much of a difference on the scale...but...

it is what it is!

I suppose if I told Angie all we are going to have for dinner, for 2-3 weeks, is chicken, rice and veggies she'd divorce me.....

Not likely....the woman lived on that for years until I...

experienced her

Last edited by EZMONEY; 05-27-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:51 AM   #401  

Hey team,

Bobble, isn't it funny how bad news like Salem's hyperthyroidism can seem like really good news considering the alternatives you have been fearing? I hope he starts feeling more himself again soon. I liked the "reframe" you did on the Memorial day thing. I have decided to start zig-zagging with the calories to see if I can't get the scale moving down again.
The garden was indeed happy with the rain. I have never grown radishes before and was completely blown away that the seeds I sowed started coming up after only 4 days! Very satisfying indeed, and the tomatoes are growing apace as well. We are supposed to be in for a very nice weekend weather-wise, so that will help things along.
Blond, I am sorry you keep having the health issues, but it's good that they are really having a good look at what's causing the UTI's now so that you can really get some targeted antibiotics going. Hopefully you'll be able to rest up well during the vacation and get this thing out of your system.
MTiger, Mrsaugie, hang in there ladies! Keep the faith and keep up the good work and it will start to happen. And that is a message I will apply to myself as well.
IT WILL HAPPEN!!!

EZ, chicken, rice and vegetables sounds good. Maybe if you started doing that at least every other day? Hope the jobbing at your son's house is going well. That should burn off some calories, but the beers? You shouldn't be opening those any faster!

Need a moment of girl-talk. EZ, I am going to use the M-word so if you can't deal, look away now. I missed my TOM for the first time at the beginning of this month and I figured that was it, menopause is really setting in now and frankly, I was feeling pretty terrific. But then since last Sunday I have been feeling physically absolutely awful, aches and pains, felt like I had had a beating, constant headaches. So who shows up Tuesday? TOM! 2 1/2 weeks late! And He brought the full bag of party favors: terrible cramps, bloating, feeling like I have the flu, the works.
My body is driving me nuts with this sort of stuff!
Anyway, onwards. Have to go to work now.
Hope you all have a great day!!!

Last edited by dutchgirl; 05-28-2009 at 12:52 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:59 AM   #402  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Hey, everyone!

TOM kicked my rear these past 6 days. And migraines nearly every day, plus working two jobs, stressed about EVERYTHING, blargh.

So, this week has been a total wash. I think the soonest I'll get back on the treadmill will be Sunday. Time to start all over with running. It's been weeks. I'm going to see how much I can lose in a month since I've given up fast food (it's been over two weeks) and that will make it easier for me. One thing I've noticed is that I sleep a lot better and don't have stomach or digestion pains. Just have to focus on eating WELL and drink lots of water.

Scale said 200.8 yesterday morning. What crap. A couple months ago I was at 191! Boo hiss!

EZ: I'll try to pick the book up this weekend since I'm feeling better now. =)

I hope everyone is okay!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:23 PM   #403  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

i am still around i just think i need to rethink my plan of attack. so i am once again in a holding pattern. that is the biggest thing that i have learned on the journey is it is a lot of trial and error until you find what works for you and even after you figure it out it may not be what will keep you going as your life changes so does your plan of attack. that will be tomorrow morning i will keep you informed on what i decide and how it goes tomorrow morning.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #404  
mtiger

Wink

Bobble- I personally am just sticking to my plan. I do different types of workouts and stick to my 1400 calories a day. I have to really pay attention to make sure I hit that number. My body is so whacked, it doesn't seem to matter.

EZ- Glad to hear the kids are keeping you out of trouble. Maybe???Get ready to turn your head in a minute. Dutch and I need some girl time.

J- Hope you get back on the wagon now that TOM has pssed through.

Dutch- I just gotta say it. Sometimes being a women sucks. I would gaurantee that my difficulties with losing weight are hormonal. I am probably pre-menopausal and it is making my losing weight venture really tough. I am reading Jillian's book about Metabolism when I get the chance. I am currently learning about all the hormones and their effects. She will eventually tell us how to get them in balance and working to our benefit. I'll let you know what she has to say.

After Bootcamp last night, every muscle in my lower body aches. Sitting on the toilet is a painful experience. Then tonight, my buddy and I did 5k. What were we thinking??? She was full of energy and I was draggin my happy butt along. I think it's in my head. I feel fat, so I must be tired.

Msauggie- Let me know what kind of plan you come up with. I am just grasping at straws at this point. I hear your frustration.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #405  

I am a little confused about this bologna deal.
Closed Thread