Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #361  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, Gary!

mtiger, yeah...calories, blech. I know I cannot go over 1500 or I don't lose. *sigh*
Old 05-20-2009, 11:57 PM   #362  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

SUPER J ~ Angie just said The Alchemist was a good book...poetic....translated from Spanish to English...she liked it.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:44 AM   #363  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannette311 View Post
I really should invest in vitamins at least. Maybe it would wake me up! I haven't done the C25K. I don't even know what it is, lol! I can run 12 minutes in a row now, but since I haven't done much in the past two weeks, I'm sure I'll have to start all over again! I love buying plants, but the actual PLANTING them? Worms, yuck.
C25K means from Couch to 5 Km. and it is a training program for beginning runners like me. It has a really good build-up and you can even find podcasts to help you do it. I use the DJ Beatsmith podcasts. I don't normally like techno music too much, but it is great to train with. There is a C25K thread on 3FC somewhere. Just try googling C25K as well. I am amazed at the progress it has helped me make in just a few weeks.
At the end of it I still won't be able to run 5 K. because I am just so darned slow, but I will worry about speed and distance later.
As far as the food supplements go, I found a lot of benefit from taking a good multi, extra C and E and 2 Omega 3-6 capsules a day. I also take extra Calcium because osteoporosis after menopause is a problem in females in my family and I want to fight that one all the way!
And in the garden, worms are your best friends. they keep the soil loose and fertile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaugie View Post
hello just been busy this last couple of weeks and at the moment i really do not have to much to share except that today has been pretty good. this week is a week of leftovers for dinner. monday was lasagna, yesterday we went out for pizza tonight is the left overs tomorrow i do not know yet and the same goes for friday.
GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK, WE MISSED YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
After doing cardio last night I was back down to 189.2 today. Can I see a lower number please?? Did some HIIT tonight. It was kind of fun to see how fast we could run. Friday we are doing 5k.

Gary- Sometimes we need a break. Tomorrow is a mental health day for me. I am going shopping and working in the yard. YAY!!!
I can see it! I can see that lower number coming. It will arrive any day now. Your day looks like mine today, shopping and gardening. Wonderful! When you say you do your own C25K, do you mean you designed your own program? tell more, I am interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Hi TEAM

Still holding the 182-184 numbers on the scale

Still drinking 1-3 beers over my limit of 3 a day (but not every day...just most)

Still doing reasonable on my eating but cannot seem to get rid of chips and cheese in my diet...which...honestly...

I believe is my biggest enemy fighting the weight.

Why do I have to have chips and cheese in various ways almost every single day?

I have eliminated the cheese from my sandwich every day for the last 2 years....yet I make nachos at least twice every week-end...for my freakin' breakfast!

I do WAY better eating chips but I seem to find a way to fit them in my meals somewhere every single day....man oh man!
[/B]
I just cannot buy things like that because if I buy them I will eat them. Any thoughts of moderation just melt away. I cannot have a few chips or nachos now and then, it is now and now and all that I can get my grubby paws on. So I cannot afford to buy them. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules1216 View Post
only weigh once a week so next Monday will tell, but no soda all day--morning coffee and then water -- plain or SOBE lifewaters...almost 13,000 steps on the pedometer..
What are SOBE lifewaters? Great job on the pedometer! You're cooking

Have a great day everybody!

Last edited by dutchgirl; 05-21-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #364  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Yeah MsAugie's back! I'm afraid I have to keep this short - I spent all day researching kitty's condition and subsequently spent all day crying. I find myself facing a severe "drought of faith". In everything. My own abilities, doctors, vets, holistic medicines...and won't go into the spiritual aspect, etc. I am shaky OP this week - made up for 900 calories on Tuesday by 1500 last night (that makes wine and lasagna twice now this week) and skipped the gym Tuesday as well. Tonight the BF is working and I don't really want to go by myself. I know I have to keep the calories up. I think the anxiety and fear and sadness over little Salem has me just - well - choked up the last couple of days. So hmm - this is what it feels like to make yourself have to eat! Kind of not a happy feeling. Weather has been weird - hot one day - cold the next. I have had some luck on a homeopathic for allergies - last two nights have been much less congested and getting some decent sleep again. So - today. BACK ON FOCUS!!!!!!! Love reading everyone's post, and even if I don't mention things right now - I do think of all every day and am wishing everyone the best.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #365  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Bobblefrog-Sorry about your kitty. That is stressful.

MsAugie-yay glad to see you back..

Dutchgirl- I need to be better about taking supplements myself. I just don't like taking pills lol.

Mtiger-Keep going!

Jeannette-glad to know you're better and your mom is OK.

EZMONEY-keep it up coach!

This has been a tiring week. I'll be going to Walmart this weekend and stocking up on some easier to grab things that are lower calorie as well since I've gone out to eat twice this week due to forgetting to set out meat to thaw or just didn't want to cook. Then ate the left overs at lunch at work. My mom mentioned and reminded me that there is pre-cooked chicken that is by Oscar Meyer I think and it is cut up and everything and all I have to do is get a bag of pre made salad and voila I have a meal. I had completely forgotten about the chicken. It's a bit expensive for a small amount but when I was getting it regularly it was a life safer.

Have a great night!
Old 05-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #366  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebritbrat17 View Post
I need to be better about taking supplements myself. I just don't like taking pills lol.
Oooh - I noticed here at the store now you can get gummy supplements for ADULTS. Haven't checked the calories but, like my lightup (LED) sweatpants, it seems a fun way to counter something you don't like to do. I'm still getting a tickle out of my pants every time I wear them.

Thanks everyone for their well wishes about little Salem. I think we've got it figured out to take her back in next Tuesday and at least get the thyroid test done. I've joined some forums and have found some support, so that will help. Crossing my fingers it's just that and not the whole mess of issues that can accompany it. That by itself we can manage I think.

My BF and I had to fight it out last night (not hard - just griping a little). Of course we are both just scared silly about money right now and that has us on edge. Today am MUCH better. Taking my second night off from working out, but am okay with it. I don't feel I've lost my commitment, just need to hide in bed a little ;-)

We finally faced going to the RV and figuring out what we needed to do to sell it - it looked better than I thought (I have had many sleepless nights the past year imagining it rusting to the ground). What he wants for it is right in the middle of the blue book range, so if we can find a buyer in this economy he might not lose any (he still has a loan on it). Getting that off our plate, the insurance and the storage will be a big help. AND a lovely couple that we met our first year of RVing is in town and jumped right in offering to help us check out all the systems and deal with some of the labor we need to do to get it ready. Guess that's my have faith, answer, huh? I'm going to pick up fried chicken YES EZ - I'M GOING TO BREAK DOWN AND HAVE SOME FRIED CHICKEN and watermelon and hopefully we can knock the list out without any new surprises and have a fun time doing it too. And maybe we'll get lucky and despite the economy there's the perfect buyer just waiting to snap it up.

Thanks AGAIN for listening all - oh and dutchgirl - I looked up that C25K - I had heard about it over and over on the posts - what a great thing! So I am going to make that my Sept-Oct goal. Something to look forward to.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #367  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Well I enjoyed my day off today. Went shopping for capris. Got 3 pair in size 14 and one size 12. I just about soiled them right there in the dressing room when they fit. I did WATP pounds tonight and tomorrow is me and my buddies 5k. She is not enjoying this.

Dutch- Yep. i have just designed my own route to a 5k. Just started with walking and added a wee bit of jogging. Then I started increasing my distance at jogging and doing less walking. I push myself and I am making progress. I can run the whole thing on a good day. When I'm feeling really tired I need a walk break.

gary- Chips and cheese?? My mouth is watering.

Jules- 13,000 steps. That is a good day.

Bobble- I find I have to make a consious effort everyday to eat enough. I know that with shopping a good part of the day today, I am low. Had toast with pb and jelly. 3 pretzel sticks at the mall, then went to Outback and had chicken sandwich and some fries. See...not much food today.

Brit- Good luck on your low cal food hunt.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:03 PM   #368  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi TEAM ~

Worked some OT today and watching the Laker game now...will catch up soon.

Prayers for BobbleFrog and the kitty issues ~ I suppose size 10 would require plastic panties Mindy? ~ Brat wouldn't a rotisserie chicken be healthier than something from Oscar Meyer? ~ DutchGirl good luck with the worms!
Old 05-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #369  
ugggg.....

Gary--got around 11,000 steps in yesterday--with all the stuff I have to do today..who knows...won't be chained to a desk...

mtiger--I need to do something--doing nothing is killing me--we will start with steps and Yoga Booty Ballet done very ungracefully...

bobblefrog--hope kitty is ok--had to take one of dogs to the vet to get some fatty tumors removed...$259.00 later and both dogs still need to get there shots...hubby and i have been together for 23 years and the two main fights have to do with money and the kids...ohhh...my pet peeve is his controlling tendenancies and his is when I don't listen to his controlling tendencies...drives him crazy....

Brit--when I was doing good at calorie counting..I would get a whole pack of boneless chicken breast--and cut have up into strips and freeze them in portion sized baggies for salads...

Dutch-the c25k sounds interesting...I graduated in 1983 and one of my classmates just finished a half marathon in the pouring rain a few weeks ago..I would love to get into good enough shape to do a 5k and work up
sobe waters- (http://www.sobeworld.com/lifewater.php)

Jeanette--thinking about you and your little one...

well--busy day--I need to get off here and moving...
Old 05-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #370  
Doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
SUPER J ~ Angie just said The Alchemist was a good book...poetic....translated from Spanish to English...she liked it.
Awesome! I'll pick it up ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
C25K means from Couch to 5 Km. and it is a training program for beginning runners like me. It has a really good build-up and you can even find podcasts to help you do it. I use the DJ Beatsmith podcasts. I don't normally like techno music too much, but it is great to train with. There is a C25K thread on 3FC somewhere. Just try googling C25K as well. I am amazed at the progress it has helped me make in just a few weeks.
At the end of it I still won't be able to run 5 K. because I am just so darned slow, but I will worry about speed and distance later.
As far as the food supplements go, I found a lot of benefit from taking a good multi, extra C and E and 2 Omega 3-6 capsules a day. I also take extra Calcium because osteoporosis after menopause is a problem in females in my family and I want to fight that one all the way!
And in the garden, worms are your best friends. they keep the soil loose and fertile.
Thanks!!! I'll look into all that you said!!! I really appreciate it! (PS worms are still gross!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebritbrat17 View Post

Jeannette-glad to know you're better and your mom is OK.

This has been a tiring week. I'll be going to Walmart this weekend and stocking up on some easier to grab things that are lower calorie as well since I've gone out to eat twice this week due to forgetting to set out meat to thaw or just didn't want to cook. Then ate the left overs at lunch at work. My mom mentioned and reminded me that there is pre-cooked chicken that is by Oscar Meyer I think and it is cut up and everything and all I have to do is get a bag of pre made salad and voila I have a meal. I had completely forgotten about the chicken. It's a bit expensive for a small amount but when I was getting it regularly it was a life safer.

Have a great night!
Thanks!!!

I like to buy big packs of chicken breast, cut them up, and soak it in homemade souvlaki marinade. Then after grilling I can use it for a few days and it's super good that I can eat it with anything and be happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules1216 View Post

Jeanette--thinking about you and your little one...
Thank you so much, Jules!

Well, yesterday was interesting. Went shopping with April and Cella for my INTERVIEW OUTFIT. Miserable experience. I'm up a size and blah. Oh well, motivation. All those cute smaller sized things...MUST HAVE. I just wish my feet could get smaller...adorable size 6 shoes that look miserable in my size 9!

Then I get a call from my mom and our dog is bleeding when he potties from his bottom. They rushed him to the ER and it's still not clear what he has, so that's stressful. My interview was today which I think went really well. Saw my competition as well and I KNOW I'm a better candidate for this job, so if I don't get it I'll know it's because of seniority issues. However, if I get this job it will change my life!!! So , I MUST HAVE IT!

And since TOM decided to visit yesterday, no working out til I'm over it. No wonder I've been such a wreck...

PS Ate bad yesterday but it was my one bad meal: a burger and fries and rings from Red Robin! YUMM!

Last edited by Jeannette311; 05-22-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #371  

Hi all

Jules - thanks for the Sobe link. Wow, some of those pack the calories a bit. Not for me I think, even if I could get them. I don't go a bundle on sweet stuff anyway, so I tend to stay away from soft-drinks. I can definitely recommend the C25K. I actually look forward to going running now (can't believe I am hearing myself). It is such a well-balanced, well thought-out training schedule, I found it very doable, even at my weight. I use the DJ Beatsmith podcasts - not my normal flavour in music, but great to work out to. He also has a follow-up that takes you to 10k. Keep up on the steps, you're doing great.

Bobble - money worries suck, don't they. Been there kiddo, I know how it feels. Somehow though, it always seems to work itself out. Keep the faith. Was it you that said: Let go and let God? Words to live by.

EZ - Was that a low-calorie Laker Game?

MTiger - Size 12! I would have trouble keeping it dry too! And all that exercise. You are really shakin' it

Blond - Maybe you should try making a load of chicken and freezing it in portions, so you can just pull it out and microwave it as needed. Much cheaper, you control the amount of salt that goes on it and nothing tastes like home-made.

Mandy Willow - Where are you girl? How's the leg doing?

Strange - I gave myself a day off yesterday from - well, from my life, really.
Went shopping for plants, brought them home, decided I wanted to go to the flower market downtown, which is hugely touristy but they sometimes have some more unusual stuff. I didn't find anything, so I browsed some discount bookstores and came home with a bunch of books and DVD's.
Then I went home, worked in the garden for a few hours planning, planting and sowing. I came in about 8 PM and ordered the works from Domino's - pizza, salad, chicken wings and a tub of Ben and Jerries. When I said the day off, I meant the day of from dieting as well. I ate as much as I wanted and enjoyed every bite.
So when I got up this morning I did approach the scale fully expecting to have gained after all that. Instead I lost nearly 2 lbs. I won't post those yet because I am still in disbelief, but I tried twice with the same result. Absolutely flabbergasted.
Then I went for my morning run. It was an easy one today, running intervals of 5-8-5 minutes with 3 minute recoveries inbetween. So I was feeling good and decided to push myself a bit. I added 1/4 mile to my distance! that's a full lap around the track. and yes, I was breathing hard at the end, but feeling absolutely fantastic.
I so don't understand my body sometimes!
Old 05-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #372  

Jeanette, I was in the middle of writing my over-sized post when my BF called and I talked to him for a while, so you posted as I was writing.
Home-made souvlaki recipe? Please please please can you share that with us? I love souvlaki!
I am praying for you to get that job! You deserve it.
And the cute clothes will come too, girl, because you are quality people and you are going to do this thing!

Last edited by dutchgirl; 05-22-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #373  
Doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
Jeanette, I was in the middle of writing my over-sized post when my BF called and I talked to him for a while, so you posted as I was writing.
Home-made souvlaki recipe? Please please please can you share that with us? I love souvlaki!
I am praying for you to get that job! You deserve it.
And the cute clothes will come too, girl, because you are quality people and you are going to do this thing!
Thanks!!!!

I'll dig around for the recipe this weekend! When my car was broken into I lost my original (lite) recipe. I've been using a new recipe that is just as good, but full fat. I'll see if I can't find both!!!

EDIT I'm pretty sure that this is the one I used to use, and it was amazing! The ingredients sound correct, and the sauce is the same one I used to make with it! I served my souvlaki with pita bread and veggies! SO GOOD!

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...cipe_id=698653

Last edited by Jeannette311; 05-22-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #374  

YUM!
And wouldn't you just know I have all the ingredients in the house.
Souvlaki for dinner tomorrow.
THANK YOU!
Old 05-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #375  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

all i have to say for now is that i am going in the wrong direction. at 178 i hope it goes away fast.
Closed Thread