Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #61  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

WELCOME EmZee....

It is always our intentions here to lose 5 pounds...one at a time...then another 5....until we reach our goal...

I just screw the focus up sometimes.....

The TEAM continues to bring us back on track though!
Old 04-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #62  

Height: 5'6"

GO TEAM!!!

:c heer3::

Last edited by dutchgirl; 04-24-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:16 PM   #63  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

gary- you being the token male and all, it is fun to give you a hard time.

butter- That's a lot of working out everyday. Treadmill, ellip, weights, dog. Man I'm tired for you. Good for you.

Dutch- Running and losing weight???

Iris- Maybe if you go up and down about 20 times.

Emxee- Menopause. YIKES!!! I am probably in premenopause and gives me fits with my weight loss. Mid-cycle, ovulation time I gain like a banshee. Then I'll lose some, but really only get lower after TOM. It just drives me crazy sometimes. Anyway. welcome!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #64  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

knock it off with the pre- and menopause talk...I get enough of that at home...wink

Split my dinner at our fave Mexican joint in half tonight.. 1/2 carne asada and cheese enchilada, rice and beans....one beer only!

Should help....

do not for a second believe I had only 1 beer tonight...just 1 beer there!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:45 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
do not for a second believe I had only 1 beer tonight...just 1 beer there!

If you didn't clarify, I really would have thought you stuck to just one beer!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #66  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post

If you didn't clarify, I really would have thought you stuck to just one beer!
I didn't want anyone to think I was sick
Old 04-25-2009, 03:47 AM   #67  

An elderly couple were killed in an accident and found themselves being given a tour of heaven by Saint Peter. "Here is your oceanside condo, over there are the tennis courts, swimming pool, and two golf courses. If you need any refreshments, just stop by any of the many bars located throughout the area."
"Heck, Gloria," the old man hissed when Saint Peter walked off, "we could have been here ten years ago if you hadn't heard about all that stupid oat bran, wheat germ, and low-fat diets!"
Old 04-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #68  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Funny! Dutchgirl!

Well I guess I didn't do to well yesterday on my eating....I was up to 183 this morning....that's 2 pounds up in two days. Good thing I split my carne asada and cheese enchilada dinner last night...

too bad I ate it for breakfast today....dang!

Then it might have been the pepperoni quesadilla and 240 calorie hot dog I had for lunch/breakfast yesterday...

But I did walk 3 miles....but I was off work....maybe taping drywall burns more calories than I think...

Where is SUPER J ~ KAT ~ CAROLINE ~ BRAT ???
Old 04-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 225/215/135

Height: 5'5"

<<Emxee- Menopause. YIKES!!! I am probably in premenopause and gives me fits with my weight loss. Mid-cycle, ovulation time I gain like a banshee. Then I'll lose some, but really only get lower after TOM. It just drives me crazy sometimes. Anyway. welcome!!!>>

Thanks, MTiger! Yes, as I read the Magic threads, I noticed that. At this point in my life, it's like the heaviness just never goes away. I've been stumped for a good year or so about this. It was really encouraging to me to read how you keep going!

Sorry about the girly talk, EZ!

Hope you're all having a good evening. This is the hardest time for me. I love eating way too much dinner and having wine or cocktails. Still 220 this morning, but I've eaten according to plan so far and am going to the gym with Jim (DH) & Sky (son) in a little while!

I'm nowhere near as physically fit as the rest of this team, but I'll work up to it.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Iris- Maybe if you go up and down about 20 times.
Oh, man, you mean twice doesn't count?

I like the joke, dutch girl!

And WELCOME to emzee!!

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to a friend's bridal shower, so wish me luck on the food.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:49 PM   #71  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

EmZee...I am used to the girly talk around here...goes with the territory and having a couple of wives a daughter, step-daughter and daughter in law.

Good luck at the shower IRIS on the food and have a great time.

Angie and I took the mutts out to the duck pond and wandered the trails for at least 3 miles today....that should burn up a few calories. Found a 2 year old Baja Fresh gift card, in an old jacket I was giving away, yesterday so we used it for lunch since there is one on the way home from the pond. I tried to eat a sensible lunch....but I am sure the calories were high...not even gonna look it up!

Doing chores around the house and backyard ....watching a baseball game as I go in and out...stopping by here to check in too...

multi-tasking...not good at it!!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #72  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Aren't we just the most jovial group today. That's why this thread is fun.

Gary- 2 pounds in 2 days. Maybe it's pre-menopause. you're starting to sound like me.

Emzee- I am glad I can be some inspiration. God only knows it is not easy. It gets depressing sometimes, but I just keep going because I know I am slowly heading in the right direction.

No Mexican here, or beer. My DD and I just spent an hour cooking some yummy looking light recipes. They are done now so I must go try out our efforts.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:02 PM   #73  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Great job on the light recipes MINDY!

2 pounds in 2 days...not sure it's quite 2 pounds...it was a high 181 and a low 183....

I just packed up about 15 old Cooking Light Magazines to take to church tomorrow, along with Rachael Ray and others....maybe I should pull them back out....nah....I'lll lay low on the Budweisers....on second thought....

ah what the heck! I'm a lost cause!!!

But YOU GALS ARE NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get movin'!!!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 03:50 AM   #74  

[QUOTE=EmZee;2713610
I'm nowhere near as physically fit as the rest of this team, but I'll work up to it.[/QUOTE]

Oh honey, I am nothing like fit!
I am only in week 3 of my C25K and you should see me come in after I've been running: red as a beet, soaking wet and dragging my ample behind.
But you've got to start somewhere if you really want to lose the weight. Just eating less is not going to do the trick, at least not for me.
And besides, I am also heading for menopause (sorry Gary, there's that word again!) and I want to:
A. lose the weight now, because it will just be that much tougher once I hit menopause full-on
B. get a weight-bearing exercise program in place now, to prevent/diminish any osteoporosis which is a problem for post-menopausal females in my family.
So not getting fit is no longer an option for me, and though I am sooo not there yet, I'm moving in thr right direction.
YOU CAN TOO!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:16 AM   #75  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

well just a quick hello and that everything was really good yesterday. well maybe not the exercising but that was because DH parents came to celebrate DS birthday yesterday. so i now have today to do wiich i will.
Closed Thread