Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Jeannette-Well if you're sore you sure worked something that's not used to being worked. Glad the doctor's went well and I'll keep you in my thoughts for the full time job.

Iris-Thanks.. It's good that I am off work and sick so I'm not having to take OFF work to be home recovering or going to the doctor and etc..is how I am looking at it. Take care of yourself and those allergies. I can relate.

Willow-Now you know! But you've lost 25 pounds already. Please don't let that take away from what you've already accomplished. :-)
Old 05-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #197  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, blonde!
Old 05-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #198  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Default Happy Monday?

There's so many posts I want to respond to and I guess I haven't gotten the hang of how to use the multiquote icon? I assume that lets you snip a bunch before replying? Snip I guess works (icon turns red) but I have no idea what to do after that. Enlightenment appreciated GRIN

Jeannette - Fingers crossed on that position....and I'm so glad your doctor's visit turned out better than you expected. Sounds like you are keeping motivated and on track!
For that you get three carrots - um - yum?!

EZ - Okay, the fried chicken...oh man have you looked up how many calories are in fried chicken???? I did because I LOVE it - and we have the Disneyland of Fried Chicken (White Fence Farms) about three blocks away. Afraid I'm not having any until maintenance. But oh the motivation to just get there faster.

Ah, but you made up for it in exercise! Good for you - those pounds are probably water from all that salt in the chicken and the nachos. But time to get back on there!!! It's Monday and a new day!! And you're our fearless leader!

Willow - You are brave! What do all those numbers mean?!

Blonde - I hope you get the information you need from those tests. I hope it gives you what you need to take control!

Iris - I don't know what microbrews you like, but if you don't have it, have your BF bring you something from Oskar Blues when he comes through CO again...I love the Old Chub. Beware though, the TenFidy is mighty (and mighty painful the next day if you have more than one without food). If you like a lighter try Dale's Pale Ale.

Mostly stick to wine now for our weekly treat though - lower in calories and I can say the red is good for me :-) Like chocolate...who knew that chocolate was high in iron...LOL

Well here's my share for the day ...I woke up this morning sure I was experiencing the onset of Type 2 diabetes. I'm not particularly a hypochondriac but my dad has it and I am hypoglycemic through my mom's side. One of the reasons I went on this diet was to try to prevent it from coming on. It's been a low-grade fear for - oh - at least a year. Last time I was checked was about 3 years ago now. I won't go into the details but I am now armed with a blood glucose meter (and warning, I know how to use it) and (the ladies will get this) a jar of cranberry supplements. I figure it's one or the other. If not I'm dying of some sort of cancer...LOL. No, no - really - I'm not a hypochondriac!

The meter was $10 at the drugstore (came with everything it needed including test strips, lances and test solution) and there's a $10 rebate. So I basically got it for free. The lancing wasn't even painful, really.

And my first test (not the best one - but the 2 hour after eating one) is positive. The most rigid minimums are 140 (or above) and I tested at 102. I had a very low-glycemic lunch though...SO...I have a lot of testing to do over the next days. At different times. The more telling one will be first thing in the morning.

I figure even if I am not diabetic (and I won't know until after I've done more tests). I could still stand to learn more about my hypoglycemia and how to manage it. Blood sugar does affect weight (I have to have protein and fat in the morning - oatmeal will make me freak in a couple of hours).

The woman at our health food store (they are well-trained) is also hypoglycemic and she's had a lot of success with chromium GTF for low blood sugar (piccolate is for high blood sugar). There's a lot of controversy around this - the natural health community support it as a supplement, doctors don't think it really does anything. But now I can test myself - I can set a benchmark for a week (or two) and then try the tablets and see the results (keeping my meals fairly similar). Sort of like a science experiment! If they don't make a difference then I love being self-empowered!

Last edited by bobblefrog; 05-04-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #199  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

What happened to me?? I read a bunch of posts yesterday but obviously forgot to post myself. So much has happened here in the last few days. I don't know if I'll catch up. Sounds like people are making smart choices on food (Gary?), doing things for themselves and getting in some good exercise.

I have been kicking butt with exercise, eating pretty good and waiting for TOM so I can get a few pounds off. I wish school was over already. i have so much to do and not enough time to do it.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #200  
Doing it.

I ran ELEVEN minutes! I was aiming for ten, but I made it to 11!!!!!

I could NOT do this without you all. If you guys weren't here I simply wouldn't care enough to attempt it!

THANK YOU!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:10 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannette311 View Post
I ran ELEVEN minutes! I was aiming for ten, but I made it to 11!!!!!

I could NOT do this without you all. If you guys weren't here I simply wouldn't care enough to attempt it!

THANK YOU!
WTG!!!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #202  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

WOOT WOOT JEANETTE! That's awesome! I'm going to be coming to you for tips and inspiration when I take up running later this summer.

And I am happy to report my fasting blood sugar (FBS) this morning rang in at 86. Normal range is 70-100. SO. I am not even prediabetic. I have been letting that fear hang over me for probably two years (last time I was tested was three yrs ago).

I'm going to do a few more checks, and continue figuring out what imbalance I'm dealing with - but whew! Faced that fear!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #203  

Jeanette!
You are just doing AWESOME with the running, girl.
And I hope you get the job. You have already been working for them, so they should know that you are QUALITY!

Blonde, nice chance to rest up and get some healing done.

Willow, you're doing and looking great. Don't get hung up on numbers girl, the numbers will continue to change with all the good work you're putting in.

OK. Confession time. Yesterday I ate 1100 cals. Today breakfat and lunch together came in at about 600 cals.
And I was up at 4 AM this morning and out the door at 4:10 AM to do my C25K training (in the pouring rain I might add.)
And I used all of that to rationalize getting the Mexican meal for supper that I have been jonesing for the last couple of weeks.
It sounds like a really stupid thing to do, but at least I have got it out of my system now and I can happily go back to being a good girl.

So Gary, I'm not going to give you any grief over the fried chicken. Sometimes you just gotta.

Last edited by dutchgirl; 05-05-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:37 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Jeannette-WTG

Bobblefrog-Good news!

Dutchgirl- Don't blame ya. Done it before myself too.. fried chicken does sound good now lol..

I have officially decided Fiber one is evil.. I apparently have NO tolerance for any of their products and will not be going far from a toliet today to say the least. I just got home from Walmart from getting more cold medicine and sodas and ink for my printer and barely made it to the bathroom again. I better see something on the scale since I didn't know I had so much IN me that could come OUT. :-)

Have a great Tuesday!
Old 05-05-2009, 04:46 PM   #205  
Doing it.

Thanks everyone!!!

I am exhausted today. Just going to walk before job number two tonight.

Went over my 1200 calorie lot (thank you, honeybun!) but my head is pounding and I'm so tired so right at this sec I don't care.

Bobble: that is so nice of you to say! I hope I give you good advice.. lol!

Dutch, it's okay...I'm being really good so that I can have a burger on Friday!

Blonde: I told my mom about those bars and I think she might pick them up. She's been really irregular!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #206  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

J- Good job on the running. I have my friend running with me these days. She is just begining. Once she is done I try to a mile on my own. 2 days in a row now, I have done it in 12 min. Do you know how far you are going?

Just got the signal that dinner is ready. Chicken strips and some frozen fries. YUM!!! Take that all you Mexican, fried chicken and honey bun eaters.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Jeanette, congrats on the running! =)

Dutch girl, i think you summed it up with the "sometimes you just gotta" comment. And you have the right attitude - go right back to plan! A treat like that once in awhile won't keep you from reaching your overall goal, so keep on keepin on!

BTW all the talk of fried chicken, mexican, chicken strips, etc. is making my stomach growl! I'm waiting till 7 to eat cos I'm going to a pot luck event. I'm sure there will be unhealthy choices but I know that at least one guy is making a stir fry that should pass for having nutritional value!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #208  
Doing it.

I don't really pay attention to distance right now because I'm so slow (haha)but once I hit 15 minutes in a row then I'll see how long it takes me to do a mile. I can usually walk/run a mile in 15 minutes if I run fast, lol! But that was a couple months ago before I got sick.

I am shaking like a leaf. I had coffee (allergic, lol) and it's got me so jittery and bellyachy I can barely stand still OR move.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #209  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HEY TEAM

Well I have been lurking off and on throughout the day as I go around doing chores. I have a shameful confession to make

I have been off work since last Wednesday....which is great for me I really needed a break....I will be going back probably Thursday for a long and hard job. But what this does is give me time to watch some cooking shows between ballgames...and guess what? I saw an old Tyler Florence show...he made macaroni and cheese....yep...I had to make it

And....against Angie's advice I made the whole recipe...for the 2 of us. Not too smart.

Anyway we had it for dinner last night and tonight AND I had it for lunch today...it was very good!

I did get in some miles this afternoon and I did give blood today so that gives me a pint's credit worth of calories

You gals are awesome!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #210  

Mac'n cheese sounds nice.
Has Angie had her check-up yet? hope it's good news!
Closed Thread