Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannette311 View Post
So I decided to eat five guys today because I've been craving it for about a month and I have been REALLY good. It was disappointing. And I wish I would have eaten Subway instead. Less calories and less fat.

*sad*

Oh well. I'm still working out tonight, so...*sigh*
I have eaten there 1 time, I was not impressed.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #152  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
?

So you were very hungry?
Old 05-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #153  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Well, I'm not working out tonight. My legs are still really sore and I'm pretty tired. I am working out before work tomorrow though.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #154  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

hello everyone. just got home from dinner at Applebee's and a walk with Travis. that is the first time that we have been able to do i nice walk in a long time. that is something that we used to do all of the time. usually late at night. (around midnight or later). any way hope everyone is doing good.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #155  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Maybe baloney rekindles relationships....Angie and I are about ready to head out for date night....
Old 05-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Dutchgirl-So sorry to hear about that happening on what should have been a happy day.

Jeannette-Great job on those times.. Gary is right progress is what is important and not being obsessed with the numbers only. I am needing to learn that myself and you've helped in that way in your recent posts with the improvements in your times.

Gary-Glad to know you're going out on a date night with Angie..

MrsAugie- sounds like a nice evening!

Emcee and Bobble- you two crack me up thanks... and your enthusiasm is much needed right now.

I just got back from the doctors office AGAIN. I woke up feeling like I had sand bags tied to all four of my limbs and my throat/tonsils are swollen slightly again. It was pure will power to make it through work and I got busy and it took my mind off of how I felt. So I went in to be on the safe side since I was concerned if I was already fighting off another infection again that it would make me vulnerable to getting what's going on right now or something else like it. Tested me for strep of course and it came up negative again as usual. The doctor basically doesn't know what's wrong with me since it's unusual for mono to last over 6 months. So I'm going back on Monday and having a bunch of blood taken and he's going to test me for every single thing he can think of that has the same symptoms that I have. He's also going to re test me for mono and see if I do in fact have it and it wasn't a false positive I guess and see where I am in the course of it if it does come up positive again. I feel like I've been more than patient since this is going on month 7 that I am this fatigued. So I'm happy he's finally testing me for other things since I mentioned I have dropped all of my classes and made other life style changes like no social life anymore and not much improvement has been made. So hopefully I will know soon what's going on and can get back to working out more other than maybe the occasional leisurely walk since I need both a strict/balanced diet and exercise to really have good results. I can't do the super strict diet I had started since it makes me miserable and too hungry all the time with no exercising.

have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #157  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

J- Didn't understand how you could eat 1 guy, let alone 5. But a sub would have had fewer calories??? Aren't subs full of guys???

Gary- Oohlala!!! that is so sweet. No feeding her a bunch of baloney tonight.

Dutch- That is awful. People can be so crazy. What's wrong with this world sometimes??

I just went to dinner with my.....long story, ex-husband that lives with me.....
I probably overdit it a bit. Had a chicken breast, bbq, cheese sandwich. It was yummy. OOPS!!!

bobble- I can't bring myself to give up my scale. just can't do it. Good for you.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:52 PM   #158  

Some pics of my birthday trip to Disney http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=de59fbe530

let me know if it doesn't work
Old 05-02-2009, 01:44 AM   #159  

Mandy, wow!
What a wonderful family!
Your kids are just soooo cute and it looks like you had a really fun time at Disney. Good way to celebrate your birthday. And if my figure ever gets to looking as good as yours does right now, I will be a very happy girl.

Bobble, good for you for no longer obsessing about the scale. I have been doing the same, because it is just so not budging at all, while in the mean time all sorts of stuff is happening to my body. My pants are now sagging so badly that I will have to buy some new ones, my legs definitely look thinner and my face is no longer a full moon - there are some cheekbones tring to fight their way out of the blubber. So I will keep those things as my indicators of progress, ramp up my exercise and put the scales in my cupboard.

Gary, enjoy the date! After the scare you guys had this week, it will be good to have some nice relaxing time together.

Jeanette, Way to go on the exercise, but also good that you allow your body a rest. It does need some recovery every so often.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:04 AM   #160  

Quote:
Mandy, wow!
What a wonderful family!
Your kids are just soooo cute and it looks like you had a really fun time at Disney. Good way to celebrate your birthday. And if my figure ever gets to looking as good as yours does right now, I will be a very happy girl.
Thank you. Ya know, I have always hated have my pic taken, even when I was at this weight before, it took gaining a lot more weight then losing it, to put this weight into perspective...lol I am still pickey about pics of me but I am allowing them to be taken which is a HUGE step for me. My husband is usually upset with me because I won't get in any pictures. This time, I am even letting him print them, and get them into frames.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #161  

Mandy-Wow nice pictures.. you look like you had fun! and Cute family too!

Mtiger-Glad you had a good dinner. Hope he was good company.

Bobble-good for you giving up your scale. I used to drive myself crazy weighing myself every day even twice a day. Now I just do it once a week.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:43 AM   #162  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannette311 View Post
Well, I'm not working out tonight. My legs are still really sore and I'm pretty tired. I am working out before work tomorrow though.
SUPER J you really have to be careful and not over do it...which can set you back. Keep truckin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaugie View Post
.... just got home from dinner at Applebee's and a walk with Travis. that is the first time that we have been able to do i nice walk in a long time. that is something that we used to do all of the time. us.
OUTSTANDING! ....keep doing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebritbrat17 View Post
Gary-Glad to know you're going out on a date night with Angie..

I just got back from the doctors office AGAIN.
BRAT I hope you get this figured out soon Angie and I had a nice evening....went for Italian and then came home....and here is the EXCITING part on our date night....we started putting a jigsaw puzzle together

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Gary- Oohlala!!! that is so sweet. No feeding her a bunch of baloney tonight.

No problem MINDY, she hasn't bought (into) my baloney for years

I just went to dinner with my.....long story, ex-husband that lives with me.....
I probably overdit it a bit. Had a chicken breast, bbq, cheese sandwich. It was yummy. OOPS!!!
Ex-husband lives with you...humm...sounds strange...and to think I have stayed in hotel rooms with my ex...just me and her...and my wife doesn't care one bit....did I mention my ex is cooking me fried chicken on Sunday?...Ang...too

Quote:
Gary, enjoy the date! After the scare you guys had this week, it will be good to have some nice relaxing time together.
Not sure how relaxing trying to put a jigsaw puzzle together was with those little pieces and me trying to watch a nail biting DODGER game and still be "communicating"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
..... This time, I am even letting him print them, and get them into frames.
MANDY you have a gorgeous family....starting with momI cracked up at the picture of ylittle girl that appears to be missing a tooth....my daughter knocked a front tooth out when she was 2 yrs. old...so every single picture we had of her until around 7...I guess...she has a big gap in front..I love those pictures! Oh....and it sure looks like your family has no weight problems
Old 05-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #163  

I forgot to say that I did have one small victory at the doctor's office yesterday. I got weighed and I am down another pound to 205.6 and that was late in the afternoon when I got weighed too to boot with all my clothes on! :-) So I am still making progress it's just going much slower than what I wanted it to be.

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 05-02-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #164  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post

I'm ready to get sweating again... been skipping the gym for "important" things like my future (school). But my health is important too!
BALANCE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post

I hope you all stay strong this weekend. Tonight I am going to an end of the year banquet for an organization I belong to... no idea what's on the menu so wish me well!
I hope the dinner went well

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblefrog View Post
... Going to see how once a week goes. I'll let you know EZ how the magic pill is doing on Sunday. The thing is my mood ended up being totally tied to that number - good or bad. Argh. That's not a lifestyle change. That's letting another monkey get on my back - and not a cute one. GRIN.

Hoping to refocus on my original commitment to change my life - how I view food and myself.

I've had things like that Jeannette - where I really looked forward to something and it just wasn't as good as I remembered it. Sigh.

You know what really prompted me to finally commit? I wasn't enjoying dinner anymore. My BF and I love our gourmet dinners and glass of wine. We are definitely foodies. But I felt so guilty and ashamed and ugly - I had stopped enjoying them. All this beautiful food and I ate mindlessly through it - just wanted more wine to wash down the pain. So I thought - I want to be able to eat a meal again without feeling guilt...really enjoy a piece of cheesecake and not wonder if I looked like a pig at a trough eating it.

Of course I can't go back to my old ways - that guilt free dinner will have to be paired with a lot of workouts - but I'm glad of this journey to learn how to "eat responsibly"! I just know food is going to taste so much better without the seasonings of guilt and shame!!
OUTSTANDING ADVICE ....wish I had given it! You are now...as you have always been...TEAM COACH....now don't go out and celebrate with food...nope...we are all TEAM COACHES ....take a nice walk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmZee View Post
Thanks for all the words of wisdom over the past few days. I really needed to read them.
Thank you for your input too! We make a great TEAM together! So glad you joined up
Old 05-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #165  

Not sure how relaxing trying to put a jigsaw puzzle together was with those little pieces and me trying to watch a nail biting DODGER game and still be "communicating"

That's what you get for trying to multi-task!
Closed Thread