Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 07:03 PM   #571  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

No movement here, either direction. I am holding steady until TOM comes and goes. I am planning a nice long walk tonight, followed by some arm workout. Started re-stocking the fridge today. Condoms and mints, I mean condiments.

Gary- Hey, you do a pretty good job of maintaining your weight without "really" restricting what you are eating. That's a good thing.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #572  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
...Gary- Hey, you do a pretty good job of maintaining your weight without "really" restricting what you are eating. That's a good thing.
I was at 182 this morning...but the problem is...I can maintain at 185 and under....but I need to be at 175 to be, what I feel is a good weight for me to maintain...I hit 170 a year ago but I know I couldn't stay there...but I should be able to red line at 175-180...easy...with a little less...of the....

STUFF I WANNA EAT!

like pizza....cheese....beer....chips...guacamole....ch eese...pizza....chips...guac....beer....

Last edited by EZMONEY; 07-02-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:03 AM   #573  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

Note to self: Olive Garden Salad is 9pts.... Go for 1/2 Venetian Apricot Chicken and Minestrone soup... that's only 6.5pts... :P Oi.

Life is living and learning, though, right?
hahhaa... I got my "healthy oil" for the day.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #574  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Gary- Hey, you do a pretty good job of maintaining your weight without "really" restricting what you are eating. That's a good thing.
I was thinking about this yesterday MINDY. I know it may sound like I don't restrict my eating...but that isn't true. I am very honest about what I post here of 3FC...if I can't be then I shouldn't be here.

I know I joke around a bit...for entertainment value but seriously, I do watch a lot closer what I eat since I started my journey.

My journey has been full of detours, some by mistake and some because I just flat out wanted to roll down that pizza road!

I could spend time posting on all the times I have had chips...but instead of taking the big bag to work I put them in little baggies....go to bed (last night) with a glass of water rather than throwing that popcorn in the pot....lighter versions of soup for work instead of those chunky ones I really like...stepping away from those "add on" tacos....but where is the fun in that?

I know it doesn't always look like it but I have truly down-sized my habits.

Yes KAT it is a journey of learning!

I will catch you all later TEAM...
Old 07-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #575  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Gary- I know you have made big changes. I just like messing with you. Heck you couldn't be at 182 without some real work. We all like to give in to those things though. And what we've learned is that once in a while is fine, but when it starts to be more frequently, then we've got a problem. I know you don't go eating willy nilly, but give in to those temptations from time to time, just like we all do.

On that note.....I log my food everyday and try to stick to 1300-1500 calories. How lnog am I going to have to do this??? It seems like the rest of my life. Will I ever just be able to eat during the day without fretting over and logging every morsel??? Maybe when I get to goal. then I'll be like you Gary. I'll have my red line and if I go over it I will need to pull it in.

Today I was down a bit. Took a good long walk last night. I think that helped.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Wee- I hate when I eat something, then look it up and find out how bad it was. I try really hard to plan ahead now. All we can do is learn and move on.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #576  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hey Mindy...I know that our TEAM knows that each of us has done good and bad in our journeys. I just wanted those that "lurk" that we all continue to make much better choices on a daily basis...even as we screw up!

Made one tonight...went for our usual Mexican food...got the chili colorado burrito/rice/beans.....added a steak taco....brought home 1/2 the rice/beans and burrito....

in the old days...color it gone!
Old 07-04-2009, 05:17 AM   #577  

Height: 5'6"

Oooh, there's that mexican food again! I am just going to have to learn to cook great Mexican myself. I have found a place that does o.k. Tex-Mex but they smother ( and I do mean SMOTHER) everything in loads of cheese. I would like to try to make lighter versions of some of this stuff. Or is that just impossible?
I am holding my own here, have been keeping the exercises light because my back just doen't want strenuous right now. I miss running, though. I can't believe I am hearing myself say that!
EZ (and others), I have a nice soup recipe for you, it's a version of minestrone:
1 tbs vegetable oil
2 leeks cut in thin slices and washed
2 sticks celery, sliced
2 cloces garlic, peeled and crushed
1 can tomatoes, chopped
7.5 cups vegetable stock (I use chicken instead)
3 oz. dry pasta (like macaroni or small penne)
7-8 oz mixed green veg, like peas, green beans, sugar snap etc., cut into 1" lengths
1 can flageolet beans, drained and rinsed (have used others in the past, flageolets can be hard to find here)
1 tbs pesto
freshly ground black pepper
6 tbs freshly grated parmesan to serve

heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan, add the leeks, celery and garlic and cook over low heat 6-8 minutes.
add the tomatoes, stock and pasta, bring to a boil and cook, partially covered, for 8 minutes.
stirr in the green vegetables, flageolet beans and pesto and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
Season with pepper
To serve, sprinkle parmesan on top.

Makes 6 serving ( and quite generous ones), at 161 kcal. per portion
Very yummy

Nice one to take with you for lunch, Gary

It is still very hot and sticky here, I may make a tabbouleh salad for tonight, although I have a bumber crop of salad greens in the garden that I need to get to as well. Maybe with a nice piece if grilled salmon. I love summer! As you see I have food on the brain today, but all good healthy stuff.
Have a fabulous Fourth, y'all!
Don't do anything I wouldn't do.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:13 AM   #578  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! You guys sneaked past me and are over 500. Time to start a new thread because this one is closed.
Closed Thread