Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #556  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Just holding steady around here. Eating is gonna be pretty funky. Can't get the new fridge till Wed. SO, what do I eat??? Looks like we are eating out or bringing take out in for a while. I am going to try and be really good though.

Dutch- Glad you're back.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #557  
ugggg.....

My Dad is in the hospital, had a kidney stone which turned into a bladder inferction. While running some tests they found a nodule near his armpit that they want to biopsy. I am not sure what I am feeling right now. Guilt big time since I made the comment about why the cancer couldn't have hit my Dad instead of my Mom, still angry at our last conversation where all he's concerned about is how much money my brother and I will get if she dies (this coming from the man that left when I was 3 with a well paying job who NEVER paid child support while we struggled) and love...how I have always loved him no matter how dysfunctional the relationship or how big of an arse he can be and longing...to feel loved by him...that somehow he will love me as much a he does my stepsisters...
Old 06-28-2009, 07:13 PM   #558  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

Oh, Jules What a terrible situation. I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

---
Well, I'm feeling like a little tugboat just puttering around trying to lose weight. It's happening: Slowly but surely. I like my new Tugboat self... I'm having an easier time going with the flow of things (normally.). But I'm having a hard time not getting ~too motivated~ (with the fear i'll get mega-discouraged if it ends worse than expected) because I have a Summer Camp I'm attending on July 15th. 3 more weigh-ins, and I'm hoping to be in the mid/low 150's for it... but only because the majority of my cute summer clothes fit me when I was that size.
I mean, who really cares what I look like when I'm just going to be wearing a gigantic orange polo shirt and jeans??? .... ugh Oh well. lol. It's not like I have to look good for anyone but myself since I'm leaving my One and Only at home
Ahhh... vanity
(ahhh... musing and rambling!)
Old 06-28-2009, 10:30 PM   #559  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI TEAM ~

Well we just knocked off some burgers and hot dogs, at the son's house, for our family monthly get together. One each for me but the chips and the potato/macaroni salad will do me in for the calorie count!

DANG! why does summer food have to be so fattening?

We did have a great time though First family party at son/dil's new house, played some bean bag toss in the yard...my family cannot stand to sit the entire time! My son and a few of his buddies were having such a great time and they didn't even go to bed until 8am this morning! Hanging out with professional Football cheer-leaders last night....oh...to be young again!

By 7:30am Angie and I had already walked the dogs a couple of miles.

KAT ~ I think you looked GREAT! in the last picture. We are not perfect people but I can tell you something you already know...as long as you put the effort in to be the weight you want to be at...and do it without excuses that are just plain BS...you will succeed and you will be where you want to be in time

JULES ~ Things that we say out of anger or hurting are usually feelings we have carried for a long time...feelings that we carry that we most probably shouldn't have to! People through out our lives are going to be jerks! There is not a whole lot we can do about it other than how we respond to it. We all should have fathers that adore us and raise us up on pedestals...but that does not always happen....as human beings we fail many times. MY father was not a great one....although I always felt loved...I really should say he was not a great husband...but he was abused as a child by a father that loved church kids more than his own...I hope that...no! I know that I am a much better father than those two! My kids will tell you and their friends will tell you...I was given several hugs today by, now grown men, that are friends of my kids, at a party we had, that have always told my son how lucky he was to have such a great dad..ME....I guess my point...and it isn't bragging about me!...is that at any time WE can change the cycle! I know that you have changed it just from the conversations on the grand kid! Our FATHER, Creator has always been there for us....sometimes we need to move our lives a bit to see the blessings He has given us. If I preach to you they YELL at me here! So I will leave it at that dear.

MINDY ~Enjoy the time away from the fridge!...be careful

DUTCH ~We all crawl back from time to time...we are a TEAM here and that is why we succeed when others fail! We watch out for each other. All of us have failed ourselves at some point...but we always come back...we need to...we depend on each other to get us through!

There are very few threads here that are as solid as we are! That ain't no baloney!

ALL IN FOR A GOOD WEEK OF CHOICES SAY AI!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:12 AM   #560  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Did somebody kidnap my TEAM?
Old 06-30-2009, 02:45 AM   #561  

Height: 5'6"

I'm here!
Taking things quite easy. It is hot and sticky here and I don't really feel like doing a lot today.
I signed up for a silversmithing class starting in September and I am very much looking forward to that.
I desperately need to reorganise my house, so off to clean out a closet and get rid of stuff I no longer use.

Last edited by dutchgirl; 06-30-2009 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #562  
mtiger

Wink

Just got my computer back. My anti-virus is not working so I have to be very careful.

TOM is looming (July 5) so my weight is up about 4 piunds. YUCK!!! I hate these monthly fluctuations. I hope it drops off as fast as it went on. I want to be in the 170's in the worst kinda way.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #563  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Jules- I am so sorry to hear about your father. You're not alone in your type of thinking. I've often been thankful that my father died first and that it somehow in some way has prepared me for my mother being so sick and now terminally ill herself then I feel guilty about that and thinking that way.

EZMONEY- That sounds like a great family party you had.

Dutchgirl-That sounds very cool, silversmithing... Keep it up

Mtiger- Glad you got your computer back and yes do be careful with the viruses! Hope you got your refrigerator fixed!

I've not been able to be very good this week. I'm at a work conference. Food wise it's not going so good. It's very strongly encouraged that you LEAVE the building/classroom so the instructors can prepare for lessons after lunch and go out for lunch with your peers. So I didn't feel comfortable eating my lunch and I really had no where to eat it other than my car and it's too hot to just sit in my car here. So I've been going out to eat with my peers which has been fun and the places I've been out to eat haven't had much choices like Pizza Inn today for example not much else looked good at the buffet but the pizza hence the name of the restaurant. I've been trying to suggest some options that I know of that are close by to the building we are in, I don't know the area very well either and that have healthier options than regular fast food but not many people seem keen to the idea. I am really trying to watch my portion sizes at least and think I am doing OK on that front. I finally got two of my stretching videos. I still have one more that is in the snail mail I guess. I unpacked all of my work out dvds. It's becoming too humid and hot here for me to walk. I'm not sure if something in the air is affecting my asthma but my last walk that I've started doing I found myself very out of breath. I'm throwing the ball around inside my house lol with the dogs to give them some activity. I'm going to have to really start focusing on training my lab puppy. He is getting so big and has more than doubled his size and weight in the past month apparently. And he looks to have grown more and gained more weight since his last vet visit which was last Friday. Anyways have a good evening!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:20 PM   #564  
ugggg.....

just a quick update...I really can't think to post tonight...

Mom's surgery is the 23rd of July at John Hopkins, you can visually see the tumors are growing back....Dad has a tumor the size of a golf ball on his lung....
Old 06-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #565  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

hey i have had a busy weekend and found out yesterday the kayden has pneumonia. how he got it i do not know. anyway now that it has been two days with that it is time to get back on track. yes i know i have been saying that for awhile but know with 2 weeks off i should be able to do it.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:22 AM   #566  

Jules and Blond - prayers for you and yours. What a hard time you are having. Take good care of yourselves!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #567  
mtiger

Wink

Computer is fixed. New fridge arrived today. No more excuses for eating out, except there is nothing in the fridge. Don't those come stocked with all the condiments and milk and butter etc. There is a ton to replace.

I may have eaten out a lot this week, but I have been working out everyday. TOM is looming and has added a few pounds for me. Can't wait for that hot mess to be over so I can see a lower number on the scale.

Keep working hard everyone. Be careful on the 4th. Don't let all your hard work go down the drain.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #568  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

down .2 this week.. hahaha Oh well. Any loss is a loss, right?
I'm having so much fun at work this week, and am super excited for dance tonight! Whee
Old 07-01-2009, 09:28 PM   #569  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi TEAM ~

Well nothing to brag about here...183...not at all where I want to be with 22 days until my second anniversary of better choices

But what can I expect when last week I knocked down lasagna, pizza, nachos, hot dogs, burgers and beer....

Oh, I wasn't all bad...had low cal soups for lunch and turkey sandwiches...

but added chips from time to time....aaarrggghhhh

The 4th of July is coming quick and I will not be liable for my actions....

MINDY ~ OUCH! I would hate to have to re-stock all the goodies in our fridge...good luck.

BRAT ~ Throwing the ball for those mutts is fine...chasing after it yourself is better

JULES ~ Prayers continue for you and family

MRSAUGIE ~ Take care of that kiddo!

DUTCHGIRL ~ Silversmithing sounds very interesting! Glad to see you back.

KAT ~ dance that butt off tonight!

BOBBLEFROG ~ You out there?

Be back soon TEAM!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 07-01-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #570  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

well just a quick note saying that everything is going good here and that Kayden is doing much better.
Closed Thread