Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #421  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Yep, Bootcamp and 5k did me in a bit. I was so sore. Last night I didn't feel like "working out" so I convinced DD to go on a hike with me. We went to a place called the Ledges. It is a trail with the river on one side and Ledges of rock on the other. We hiked about 3 miles and threw in some rock climbing for fun. Just some easy areas to climb. It was fun.

Once again, for reasons unbeknownst to me, I have gained 4.4 pounds this week. It is too late in the month to be mid-cycle gain, unless that is really screwed up this month. I am sitting here pulling my hair out. Not good, I have thin hair already.

Willow- We are both on the Red team. Glad you are there with me. You must keep encouraging me, because I am really struggling here. Good job on your run. I have a 5k 2 weeks from today.

Bobble- I started on the cream, well this is month 3. I had hoped it would help with these wild gains and losses. No such luck. I think I am giving it up because it has not helped with my needs. Whatcha think?? I did notice last month though, less cramping. Is it worth it??

Dutch- I also bought a book on the subjest. Haven't had time to read much of it yet. I also have Jillian's "Master Your Metabolism". I am currently trying to gleen useful information from that. There sure are a lot of hormones that play into this weight loss thing. If I could just get them all working in harmony I'm sure it would be much easier. I hope she shows me how.

Blonde- There is alway drama in the workplace. I have co-workers I will not speak to unless absolutley neccesary. Some people are evil, some are wierd and some turn out to be your best friend. Be the best person you can be and live up to your standards. Let the rest of it go. The stress is not worth it.

J- I'm sure things will work out for. It sounds like your boss is on your side and will help out. Keep your chin up.

Gary- They're sure keeping you busy. Hope the job is almost done. I'm waiting patiently for my 2 sheets of drywall in my bathroom. Let me know when you'll be here. You paint too??? They will need painting once they are installed.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:51 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Dutch girl, Bobble, Mtiger- I talked to someone that is higher up than us and told her perhaps maybe I shouldn't be helping out so much with some certain things since I felt like I had perhaps stepped on this girl's toes as well and it upset the teacher and she asked me why and I just told her a short version of it and basically this teacher that is above us has also received complaints about her not doing her job from other staff. So I then told her that I had gotten a lot of comments too as well about it and perhaps someone had told her some of my responses to the questions I've been asked and etc since I admit I kind of got sarcastic at one point about it because I was getting tired of so many people asking me where she was and why wasn't she there or here etc...and it was starting to stress me out trying to cover for her. So that is my own fault. So she will be talking to this other girl. I hope it goes well but oh well..I've done all I can do. She's younger than I am and has not even been out of HS for two years and she has a bit of an attitude at times for some reason. I can't put my finger on it what it is exactly. Needless to say I thought she was a cool person before this but now that I know she's one of those people that seem to expect you to know what exactly they're talking about and what they've been mad about for so long but don't give you very much information on what it is -I'll be backing off on trying to be friendly and all of that. Not only that but now my feelings have been hurt since really being rude back to me at complete random times does not help the situation if you're mad at me and is petty. But from now on I will be doing my best either saying nothing and just listening when someone comes to me privately to vent or I will nicely say if you have a problem with this person I think it'd be best you go to them directly and talk to them, not me or go talk to a supervisor about it like Dutchgirl said. I appreciate the comments!

I've had a full day running around town and we ate out for breakfast and lunch in between appointments. I think I did well on the portion sizes since I was satisfied but not stuffed or anything. My husband got a bit of exercise a bit ago since I opened the door to the garage and the dogs pushed their way through my legs and went out in the street and started running away from my husband. Really OJ started running away first then hubby started running after him then Rowdy started running after hubby. It was really quite funny although I did reprimand OJ once we got them back inside. I couldn't help go after them because I had no shoes on otherwise I would have been running too. What was even funnier was my husband was on the phone with his father and he was trying to chase after them and stay on the phone with his father. He had to hang up and call him back lol.

have a great weekend!
Old 05-31-2009, 12:09 AM   #423  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

the bf told me I should see a doctor today. I've been really depressed lately. He asked where "the Jeannette that used to be happy went."

That really made me sad.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:01 AM   #424  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Oh, Super J! I'm not a big fan of meds, but it sounds like you do need some professional help. Can you get counseling through your job? I've used catholic counseling in the past - they often offer it on a sliding scale. When I say "catholic" that's who provided it but it wasn't religiously oriented. Just a good psychologist who helped me get out of the circle of thinking that had me in a bad place but did it at an affordable rate. They can also help you evaluate more objectively if you need meds. There has also been a scientific nod from conventional doctors towards St. Johns Wort (available from natural food stores). You need to take it for awhile though to see some improvement. The important thing is to figure out if this is crisis of the soul (needing fulfillment of life purpose, grieving, anxiety over real issues, past trauma forcing its way to the suface, etc.) or whether your body/brain has gotten biologically out of whack. That will dictate the direction to go.

Dutchgirl - Really? I could have sworn everyone here was doing SO much more exercise than me! I didn't make my hour yesterday. Nothing like what our Super J is struggling with, but I'm a little depressed myself. Not sure why. Just feeling overwhelmed and wishing I was at a different place in life. I did get in my walk. Hmmm - once I get behind this is going to be hard to catch up isn't it???? Maybe I better rethink this..esp as our exericse room is still off-limits another week. I might have been setting myself up for failure. Okay - I took off 300 minutes for those days I simply can't get in a workout other than my walk (or today we are cleaning the RV so I can't even get a full walk in this morning). So I revised to 1800:

Independence Day Baloney Bowl: 1800/40
Looking for a Perfect Strike!

Blonde - at least you tackled the situation! Letting something stew is terrible for you - so BRAVO GIRL! I had a good laugh over the image of the dogs getting out. Glad they are all rounded up and nobody hurt - nothing like a bad dog is there? Thanks for sharing that!

EZ - don't work too hard and OF COURSE we won't lose you. We'll drag you kicking and screaming across that finish line! PROMISE!

mrsaugie - YEAH - Good scale!
:

mtiger - Not sure what to recommend. I guess I would first would be exploring what brand you are using. Is this natural or a prescription? There may be a difference in quality between natural brands. I'm using life-pro progestracare. I'm taking it once a day - I understand you can take it up to twice a day. The next thing would be if you still suspect it is a hormone imbalance to try asking your doctor to test/try the oral tabs. They are much stronger, but some women need them. I guess you could also try one more month. I had relief right away but I understand it can take a few months for some women. But no, after four months-six months if you aren't seeing relief then I wouldn't continue taking it as it is pretty powerful stuff. And don't give up! Sometimes uncovering what is going on with our bodies is a journey!!!! I haven't heard about weight fluctuation as a symptom of thyroid issues, but that might be worth exploring too...

Well, team, I did lose a little more, not much - just a tiny bit over half a pound but I'm taking it! We also have been having a better monthy financially so in addition to taking care of the kitty I was able to get that eye exam and get refitted for contacts (I used to wear them all the time but got lazy and wore glasses for the last two-three years). Yes, I AM officially getting old. I now need reading glasses (only +1 mind you)! But the good news is my astigmatism is actually reduced after all these years so I still didn't need correction for that. Which is more expensive. I wore make up yesterday for the first time in forever. And saw my whole face....um, yup, I am getting old. It has definitely changed. Have GROOVES where I didn't before!!!

Boy I have let myself go. My BF just kept staring at me. Couldn't remember when I wore makeup last. Course he could have been staring at me because I laid it on too thick and probably looked like a clown! It's going to take some practice...!

We went to Paneras for lunch - hey - they are really not too bad! You can look up the calorie count for all their stuff online. I got the two upick special (a half sandwhich and half soup). Got ham and swiss and left off the mayo (didn't miss it - yummy sandwhich) and a cream forest mushroom soup and a water. Half sandwhich was like 350 calories and the soup was similar. Not bad for restaurant food. I also took off a little for skipping the mayo. But added it back on for a couple of bites of cinnamon roll we got at the tailgate market. GRIN!

Well that's my novel for the day!!!!!! See everyone next week!
Old 05-31-2009, 10:52 AM   #425  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Jeannette-I am so sorry that he told you that but that was honest and a clear sign of that he loves you and wants what is best for you. Bobblefrog said some good things that you need to figure out if this is your body having a problem or a crisis of the soul.

On that note I'm geniunely perplexed by my body now myself! I felt fine yesterday and still feel fine. But yet I was running a fever yesterday afternoon and all through the night. It never hit a 100 thank goodness but was close to it. I sure was hot all day though yesterday. I'll be calling the doctor and informing him of this. I'm almost to the point of asking to be tested for whatever else he hasn't tested me for when I get off work for the summer and that's going to be expensive. Someone at work suggested an auto immune deficiency since I seem to get so sick so easily since a relative of hers has it and it can be managed with medications for the most part.

Bobblefrog-That is so funny. A few weeks ago I wore make up for the first time in months and I just felt like I had so much on but my hubby and mother assured me that it looked fine. I have gotten lazy myself but it's been because sleep has kind of become a priority in my life this past 6 months or so and if I can sleep an extra 45 minutes and get away with just being clean and hair not messy and not having make up on or my hair all fixed up at work I'm going to do that. I also got a trial pair of contacts yesterday so that was what we were doing yesterday was going to the eye doctor. She gave me a different kind to try since last time I had some problems and they were extremely uncomfortable and I just gave up wearing them and wore glasses only. Lucky you no agstigmatism!! Mine in my left eye has to be corrected now even more so and I know that's more expensive ugh..I think I am going to be happy with the contacts she has me trying out since at one point I forgot I had them in even.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to go to the grocery store lol. It needs to be done though. Have a great Sunday!
Old 05-31-2009, 01:14 PM   #426  

Jeanette, sweetie. What can I say.
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt and wore holes in it.
I have had some crushers of depressions and all I can say is they do pass. Whether that is with help of medication, psychotherapy, a combination of the 2, or, my personal preference, natural remedies ( and I have had therapy).
I came to this site in January on the tail end of a horrible one.
What finally got me out of it was:
a. taking St. Johns Wort
b. taking Omega 3-6 supplements (on recommendation of someone from the depression and weighloss support group, and it gave very quick results!)
c. working on myself with EFT - a very quick and easy method of really breaking down barriers within yourself, so easy I tend to forget about it until I am in really dire straits). Google it or pm me for more info, it is worth knowing about. Really.

If you consider taking St. Johns Wort and you are on any other meds, even birthcontrol etc., go see your MD first, it can interact with medications.

I chose this route because I am personally very wary of antidepressant and the side effects I have seen in people around me, but that is a very personal opinion.

Sweetie, you have a lot of people who care about you, and from what I read above, a boyfriend who loves you enough to get up the courage to broach the subject with you. Not an easy thing to do. Do what you need to do and take good care of yourself, for you and also for that lovely daughter of yours.
Don't go hiding away! Keep in touch with us. We care!
Old 05-31-2009, 04:32 PM   #427  
Doing it.

Thanks, you guys.

My jobs don't offer me any medical insurance whatsoever and I can't afford to see a doctor on my own. I'm not a fan of meds either and I'm sure they could work but I know that if anything, I need therapy and not medication. Alas...then that gets me thinking to the job I ALMOST had; it would have given me great insurance. Blargh.

I dunno peeps. I'm staying positive and today when my mother made some offhanded comment I "grr-ed" about it for a few minutes and then let it go. I really wanted to get a work out in today but Cella woke me up super early and I'm tired and now her friend is over so forget that idea.

I am on birth control so St. John's Wort is probably out of the question. The EFT stuff looks interesting but I know myself very well; I won't stick with it. Omega supplements though might work. I don't take any vitamins at all and I need to.

Thanks, everyone.

I hope everyone has a great week and I'm going to get back on track tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:44 PM   #428  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

So sorry SUPER J...I know that you will get this all figured out...hugs.

Spent most of the day yesterday painting at my son's house, then went down to my daughter's for dinner and stay the night so we could watch her run her first marathon today. Just got home a little while ago.

I will catch up soon....I think.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:09 PM   #429  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

J- We have all had our own issues at times. Mine was panic attacks. I went to my doc thinking I was crazy. Nope, just lots of stress. I went on Zoloft for a while and then got off. I have not had a full blown attack in quite a while. Once in a while I'll feel one coming on and have learned how to fight it. Hang in there. You might need to bite the bullet and visit your doctor.

Brit- Things seem to have way of working themselves out.

Bobble- I'm using a natural cream also. i don't have many other symptoms besides the weight fluctuations. I suppose I could try it twice a day for a while. I haven't decided yet.

Gary- How did DD do in the marathon. You probably have pics too.

I just did a 1.8 mile run. After a short warm-up I ran the whole way. The scale is down a bit today, 191.6. That still equates to a .6 gain for May. How depressing.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:39 PM   #430  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I do have pictures MINDY but I can't seem to get them resized enough, I will have Angie work on that when she gets a chance.

She didn't do as well as she had hoped. She has always had an issue with her left IT Band...would give her fits when she played tennis from time to time. About 2 miles in her right it band started hurting, she had to stop every mile to stretch it. We first saw her at mile 14 and she said looked good and her time was right on for her 10 min mile pace, she stopped and stretched it and told us it was bothering her but thought it would get better....but she sank back as time went on. Saw her at 21 and crossed over to see her at 23 and she was really feeling it. She ended up with a 5:18:04 which was about 45 min slower than she hoped for. But all in all she did great for her first marathon. Another cool thing, one of her friends ran 10 miles with her, 12-22, which helped. Her friend is amazing! She ran, in competition, a 5K on Friday, did a triathlon yesterday, then 10 with my kiddo today....although her pace was much slower than her norm...but way cool she came out to support my daughter.

I talked to her just a bit ago and she is doing ok. She said her brother says this one doesn't count, it's just practice for the second one...I think she will do another....that is the kind of kid she is...works hard at everything she does. She made herself a pretty good college tennis player and now a marathon runner...hard to believe she can't walk and chew gum at the same time!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #431  

OK, I need a moment here:
THE 207 LBS STUCK!!!

I have finally, after all these weeks, managed to break through the 210 barrier.
That means that Onederland is coming within range - I am seeing some early roadsigns...
Old 06-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #432  
Doing it.

Good news:

Weighed in at 199.8
Felt okay when I got up
Seeing my doc about meds today at 230.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #433  

J., good for you sweetie!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #434  
Doing it.

Thanks, dutch. I'm insisting he put me on something that makes me NOT gain weight.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #435  

Don't be surprised if it is trial end error in the beginning, everybody reacts differently, and it does take a few weeks for any of these things to kick in. Be patient with the process, don't expect overnight miracles and take good care of yourself. Do start on the Omega supplements, they won't interfere with anything.
Have you looked at the depression and weightloss section? You can find some good info from people in the same boat there.
Lét us know how you're doing.
Closed Thread