Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #376  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Today was official weigh-in. Drun roll please!!....... 188.6. Yep, haven't seen that number yet. Now the size 12's make some sense. Although, when I was 25 I weighed 145 and was a size 12. How does that work???

Gary- Don't worry!! When the 14's get baggy I will be fully prepared when I go shopping. Have fun with the game.

Jules- you sure do get the miles in. I might hit 11,000 today.

J- Good luck on the job.

Dutch- What a fun day. Sounds like you made great use of the time. I plan to follow suit this weekend.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:21 PM   #377  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Hi all! It's the weekend AGAIN. Can you believe it? And a holiday for us in the states, too.

What is everyone got planned?

SUPER J - I have my fingers crossed for you on that job! And you know - it's the funniest thing - but I actually lose a shoe size between my "good weight" and where I am now. Doesn't seem like my feet should get shorter should they??????!!! That recipe looks heavenly - maybe we'll try that for our Monday picnic. We have some new "kefir cheese" that is a lot like sour cream we can substitute.

MTIGER - Congrats!!!!!

It looks like your plateau may be crossed???!!!!

MRSAUGIE - Aw that is no fun - but I'll echo what dutch said to jeannette - YOU ARE QUALITY PEOPLE so you are going to lose it again and more. And we're all here with you. Because it's going to take all of us to drag Gary with us if he keeps ooopsing up on his daily beer goal ;-)!

EZ - but I think I see you are only trying to lose 7 lbs - of course you are just waiting for the rest of us to catch up, right? Don't want to make us look bad?

DUTCH - your day off sounds scrumptious and heavenly! I think I'm going to do that the day we have fried chicken. I really do want to enjoy it and not feel guilty. I really like how FitDay is working - I thought I'd made up my calories one day for another, but actually this last week I've "averaged" less than prior weeks. I think that's the most important isn't it? How your calorie balance ends up for the week? Anyway it helps me keep on track and feel better after that second night of being hedonistic.

JULES - yes, I love my BF dearly but he freaks out over money (or rather lack of it). I tend to do the slow burn of fearfulness until I'm paralyzed. Neither of us are at best when things are tight. Dutch is right to remind me - just have to let it go. All things change in time.

BLONDE - I know what you mean about having it all prepared! If you have to do anything to it - even separating and bagging it? Heck! That's cooking! LOL!

Thanks again everyone for your best wishes for our little Salem!
- Dawn
Old 05-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

MTIGER-CONGRATULATIONS!! That is funny though.. But you work out more now don't you? So I'm guessing your body shape and muscle must be different than when you were 25?

MSAugie-Keep going!

EZ- yes I agree I think you're just being ur sweet self and holding off on losing those 7 pounds so you don't make the rest of us look bad especially me!! :-)

Dutch-WOW.. your day off sounds lovely and the food oh my.. I've never tried Ben and Jerry's and I don't intend on it either..:-)

Bobble-things will improve..

Jeannette-KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU AND THAT JOB!!

I think I will be attempting to resume exercising again this weekend. I feel good enough to start light exercising again like my doctor said I could on a more regular basis now. I do much better nutrition wise when I am also exercising as well. That's a good idea It had not even occurred to me to just chop up chicken breast and cook it then freeze it. That would be so much cheaper too thanks guys so much!! I am still getting used to the fact that I do have a bigger freezer and refrigerator now that I have a house and that I can do those things! Rotisserie chicken.. I don't know about that being healthier since I LIKE THE SKIN!! :-) I do pretty well though with not eating too much of it. I did get one already made this week at Kroger for a cheap dinner since hubby forgot to set out meat and it was decent. I didn't eat too much of the skin which is good. It is tempting though. And also the fried chicken they have in the warmer right next to the rotisserie chicken is tempting but I know it's not as good as my great grandmother's recipe so that was the ONLY reason I resisted haha. I will be grabbing those more often at the grocery store and then coming home and cooking my own sides and a salad. I am about to start putting together my grocery list. I also have figured out I do much better when I plan my grocery list around what I want to eat for meals and it helps my grocery bill too so I will be doing that now since I am done stocking up. Have a great weekend!
Old 05-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #379  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Super J ~ good luck on the job and prayers for your dog.

Brat ~ Great job on skipping the fried....yep...don't eat the skin....glad you are finally feeling better!

Mindy ~ Yipee on the loss...you are so 80's now! Big hair and all.

MrsAugie ~ Just turn around dear and take a step in the right direction...you can do that at any time..you know you can.

DutchGirl ~ that was quite the day off! We all need those from time to time.

Jules ~ Way to keep on steppin' out! You just may be our next next American "BALONEY" Idol...wink

BobbleFrog ~ I hope things are better for the cat. A lot of people freakin' out over $$$$ right now...I am ok now at work but the future looks bleak here in California for construction....gonna be a big boat we all may sink in!

WELL TEAM ~ My son and daughter in law picked up the keys last night for the house they are buying. Angie and dil are picking out paint colors right now while I do some things here at home. I will be going over in a bit to start some drywall repairs and move a few things the kids have stored here. It is exciting for them having their first house. It is only 1 1/2 miles from me and Angie and I walk past it often...gonna be nice to have a place to stop at and grab a beer when I am halfway through my walk. I saw just the right spot in the garage for a little icebox...wink

Had Soup Plantation for dinner last night...ate salad and soup...but too much! Oh well...it is a holiday week-end...gonna enjoy life but watch what I eat a bit better I suppose! And I promised myself to be easy on the beers!

Have a great week-end TEAM
Old 05-23-2009, 07:35 PM   #380  
mtiger

Wink

First day of the long weekend spent outside. Planting flowers around 2 trees. Turned out to be much bigger project than I thought. Had BBQ chicken off the grill, corn, sweet potatoes. Yummy!!!

After such an exciting number on the scale yesterday, I go up 2 pounds today. How in H***'S creation does that happen??? Worked my tail off today so we'll see what tomorrow holds.

Bobble and Gary- Enjoy your weekend activities.

Brit- Chicken skin was very easy to give up. I don't miss it at all. Wonder how many calories in those store bought chickens.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:13 AM   #381  

Height: 5'6"

Boy oh boy did my body ever NOT want to run this morning!
It had to be dragged kicking and screaming and having tantrums like a 3-year old in the grocery store the whole route
I don't know if this is the price I am paying for my excesses on "my day off from my life" or for sitting on my ample behind all day yesterday doing a huge pile of work I took home from the office, but whatever it was, it wasn't fun.
So here I am trying to get my face back from purple to a more normal healthy colour and a load of water into my system, then I'll hit the shower.
I'll be back when I have cooled down a bit.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!
Old 05-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #382  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Breakfast ~ nachos

Lunch ~ carna asada burrito and quesadilla

Dinner ~ Klondike bar and a bottle of root-beer

Yesterday's meals....

I will explain later

Not speaking to myself this morning...

mean old bad...very bad!..... scale....must be broken...has to be....
Old 05-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #383  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

EZ - You have me laughing hysterically!

Eat more veggies! And no the salsa in the burrito and jalapenos on the nachos don't REALLY count as veggies - nor does the "root" in Root Beer or the carob in the Klondike Bar!!

Super J - how are you doing this weekend? I hope having some FUN!

Dutchgirl & MTiger- Oh man, I have those days! Our bodies remain a mystery, don't they? I missed two days last week at the exercise room but getting back "on it" today. I bet I'll be crying all the way!

And my weigh-in this morning was exactly 189.8 - what it was last Friday. I was afraid to "shake it" and try again because when I've done it in the past it punishes me by giving me a higher number.

I swear though I lost last week. I do this ritual every Friday night where I "try on my thin clothes". See what fits better. And for the first time just this Friday I finally felt comfortable enough in what were my too-tight-could-barely-button jeans (when I started) to wear them out in public comfortably! No bulging or binding. I couldn't do that yet the week before. Still had a baby muffin top. And reviewing FitDay my average calories for the week actually were down from previous week a little.

So I'm HOPING that too salty pizza I had last night just made me retain lots of water....

MTiger - I bet that is what is going on with you. I don't think you just gain back fat weight overnight? But the loss was consistent for several days?

So we'll see next week. Back OP for me this week and FOCUSED. My birthday is July 5th and my goal is to be under 180 - on my FitDay for my height and frame that will move me out of the obese to overweight range. I CAN DO THIS! I'm going to be looking better at 43 than 42. I plan to look better and better as I get older ;-)!

Blonde - I love the skin too! Love rotisserie chicken!! It simply hasn't been allowed to come in the house since I've been dieting.

OH - and I found a swimsuit yesterday that I can live with! And I got it for $3 bucks!

We are staying in hotels with pools on our trip back east next month. I really wanted to be able to swim. I haven't been in a swimming pool in YEARS. But this new thrift store had a big holiday sale and this one fit about as well as anything is going to. And it doesn't look all matronly! The good Lord saw fit to bless me with um - how do I put this - um - an ample bosum - yeah that's it - so at my weight it's hard to find something with that all important support, coverage AND doesn't look like a maternity "moo-moo" from the "bathing era". I was SO excited.

Now this month I'm going to add in more resistance exercises trying to tone up (at least a little) my inner thighs and my batwings. I have several for the triceps (I think those are the ones on the bottom?) but does anyone have ideas for how to deal with the inner thighs without special equipment?
Old 05-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #384  
mtiger

Wink

Bobble- i would love to get in a pool. I always enjoyed swimming. However, i can't see myself getting into a bathing suit. My legs look terrible, all cellulite and fat. Maybe next year.

Dutch- I worked so hard in the yard yesterday that I did not do an "official" workout. I'm sure my body would have been complaining too. I must do something today though. i am thinking of a nice long walk with some jogging thrown in for good measure.

Gary- Sounds like you're having a "fun" weekend. You just keep shoveling that food in. It's okay, really. We'll all get skinnier than you. I'm sure you won't mind, right?? I will just live vicariously through your eating. How did the klondike bar taste???

I was down to 190 even today. Not back to 188 but down some. Who knows?? I give up trying to figure this body out. I really want to get to 185 soon though. That is my goal.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:39 PM   #385  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

OK TEAM ~

I am back home from church ~ brunch ~ chocolate festival ~ drywall/painting at the kids house

After church Angie and I went to our Mexican joint for brunch. I had my usual cheese enchilada dinner with 2 eggs thrown on top...high in calorie - high on taste - low on "plan"

Chocolate festival was fun. We actually spent about $100 on an outfit for my god-grandson and some stuff for our garden...nothing eaten or bought chocolate...although pretty tempting!

The klondike bar was NASTY!! It had to be almost one year old! We have 2 left...they may just find their way to the trash!

We are having fun at the kids house...

catch you all later ~ Gary
Old 05-24-2009, 10:22 PM   #386  

So we just got done walking the dogs around the block. I'm really proud of my dogs considering they are not used to being walked. So it was a good first attempt. But they sure were ready to be back home for some water just like their parents! Baby steps.. I can tell I'll be going back to the doctor soon possibly tomorrow since I can feel another bladder/UTI infection coming on which is really frustrating considering I just got done with antibotics this past Thursday. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm starting to get good at being able to tell the beginning signs of these types of infections. Thing is I was supposed to follow up and be re-tested a couple of days after I finished antibotics to make sure it was gone but my doctor has been/is closed due to the Memorial day holiday. This is getting expensive to say the least and stressful fitting in appointments so I don't take time of work and incur the wrath of my bosses. I'm already going to be leaving work early twice this coming week and having to make up the time later on by coming in even earlier in the mornings to take my dog back to the vet for a follow up to see if he's healing well and then later stitches removed finally. It is not fun forcing a dog to take pills to say the least and he's only 15 pounds even if I bribe him with cheese wrapped around it lol. I'll be happy when he finally gets the all clear. I did get some cranberry supplements tonight finally so I'm going to start taking those and we'll see. My husband said they would give me the runs I hope not.

Have a good night!
Old 05-24-2009, 11:50 PM   #387  

Bobble - yes, the ones on the bottom are triceps. Do you have resistance bands? Those can help you with exercise, but I hate to break it to you: it isn't really possible to spot-reduce, you can try to tone the muscles so that they will emerge as you lose the weight though.
Go swimming by all means girl, what do you care what other people in a motel pool will think. You'll never see them again anyway, so you might as well enjoy yourself. Congrats on the bathing suit. A good one is so hard to find.

Blond - keep those UTI's in check girl, that can become a real problem in a hurry. I hope you get your health in general back, this must be so hard on you. Doing good with the walkies with the doggies though. They must be in a bit of a shock!

Mtiger - the weightloss is going to happen! you'll get to 185 soon. Yhe gardening sounds lovely, and it is a workout all on its own!

Super J - How are you doing?

Gary - what can I say other than
STOP THAT!!!

I am feeling very stiff and tired today but it is back to work and a very busy week it is going to be as well. Catch you all later.

HAVE A GREAT LOW-CALORIE, HIGH FAT-BURNING, HEALTHY DAY!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:47 AM   #388  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

well at least i have not gained anything this weekend. i have not lost either. so either way i am calling it a win. only one more thing going on and we are going to the park this weekend with the radios and operating from there. that will be fun.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:37 AM   #389  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Have fun at the park MrsAugie...just keep moving forward...the weight will drop.

I hope the week isn't too tough on you DutchGirl...I think my total calorie count was all right yesterday...took it easy on the beer and had a sensible dinner of spinach ravioli....I won't mention the 2 handfuls of chips right before bed...I won't.

BRAT have you tried placing the pill back in your dogs throat then holding his head up by placing one hand around his mouth and rubbing his throat...works for us. The more you take them out the more they get used to it and the better for all of you. Get well dang it!!

BobbleFrog great score on the bathing suit...I agree...people at the hotel they will never see you again. I work out of town a lot sometimes and have seen more people that look like us in the pools than look "Baywatch"

Two pounds is nothing for you MINDY! You are doing so well.

SUPER J I hope all is well...did you get the book yet?

Well Angie and I are going to be doing more painting at the kids house today. Have a great Memorial Day.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #390  

EZMONEY- The wrapping it in cheese seems to work for now. I think he knows something is in the cheese but doesn't care enough right now since it's like OH BOY I'm getting people food! I just hope he doesn't figure it out since we're still not even half way thru the pills with him. The vet gave us a very long course of pills since it was serious this time.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm doing my best with my health which is why I am going so much and as soon as possible when I realize something isn't right. Watching my mom be so sick all these years has really made me realize if you don't have your health you lose a lot of things such as the ability to work, to even enjoy small things like going to the mall or going out to eat or even being able to visit with loved ones. We went to the Dallas farmer's market yesterday since I had never been and had heard neat things can be sold there and on the way back we decided to take a bit of a detour and stop by and see my mom and she wasn't having a very good day. She pretty much stayed in bed the whole hour and half I was there and I just sat on the chair next to the bed and we talked about family going ons and etc. I have a whole bunch of cousins graduating from HS this year and she's most likely not going to be able to go to any of them due to the amount of walking that would need to be done and those auditoriums are not exactly easy and wheelchair friendly and some are quite a drive to get to as well from where she lives. So that's kind of out too. I couldn't even hug her or get too close because apparently my soap or something I had on made her sick to her stomach. But it was a good surprise for her I think and hope. I'm off today and will be just resting up and if need be going to another dr clinic that's open despite it being a holiday.

Have a great MEMORIAL DAY everyone!
Closed Thread