Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:32 AM   #346  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Happy Tuesday (or is it Wednesday on the other side of the pond now?). Never quite sure how that works. I loved reading everyones' posts - it's become rather a nice way to start the day and find out what everyone is doing. Yesterday got the fatigues again, in the afternoon - and this morning feeling like I'll take my laptop and go back to bed to work. Just take it easy and be good to myself. Air-conditioning and hot tea might be just the ticket today.

YEAH EVERYONE FOR THEIR SUCCESSES!

Old 05-19-2009, 12:15 PM   #347  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I caught Cella's sickness, but after 12 hours' sleep I feel much better! Working out tonight!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #348  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblefrog View Post
Happy Tuesday (or is it Wednesday on the other side of the pond now?). Never quite sure how that works. I loved reading everyones' posts - it's become rather a nice way to start the day and find out what everyone is doing. Yesterday got the fatigues again, in the afternoon - and this morning feeling like I'll take my laptop and go back to bed to work. Just take it easy and be good to myself. Air-conditioning and hot tea might be just the ticket today.

YEAH EVERYONE FOR THEIR SUCCESSES!

We are about 8 hours ahead of you I think, 9 hrs on the West Coast. So it is still Tuesday. Hope you get your strength back soon. Is it so hot in Denver that you need the airco on? The alledged airco in our office is functioning so poorly now that while it is very pleasant outside, we are sweltering inside the office. Yuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannette311 View Post
I caught Cella's sickness, but after 12 hours' sleep I feel much better! Working out tonight!
Hope you and Cella get all well again and I was glad to read that things are better for your mom as well. That must take some of the stress off of you.
Don´t work out too hard if you´re not feeling well.

I am really tired after my early morning run, 12 long hours at work and some fair bits of sore legs from the gardening I did over the weekend.
So I am going off to bed early tonight.

Bye all, have a great day!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #349  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Darn, oh darn, oh darn!!! The scale went back up to 191 today. I did strength last night, that always wins me a gain. Plus it is truly that mid-cycle gain time. Will I ever get there?? Did some walking and jogging with my workout buddy.

brit- they certainly can be expensive. Gotta luv em.

Dutch- Running at 5 am??? I am doing my best sleeping at that time. Good for you.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:03 PM   #350  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi TEAM ~

No miles today, Angie grabbed the girls and took off before I got home. Said she was giving me a break since I have had some hard days at work...

so glad she allowed me to marry her....

She made burgers tonight and we had them on pita pockets...good stuff...

Watching my Lakers....

Be good to yourselves!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #351  
Gaining Attitude

Happy Wednesday! Much better today - I think I may have been letting myself get low on iron. We have been eating a lot less meat. I track it on FitDay, and knew I was low, but forget to take the pill. I'll be better about consistency and see if I have another episode. Oddly my appetite seems depressed. I only ate about 900 calories yesterday and just didn't seem to want any more. Will let it go for a few days (try to listen to body wisdom) and see what happens.

Mostly been working and burying my head in research about feline hyperthyroidism, chronic renal failure and all the related complications and diseases (anemia, diabetes, etc.). And traditional and holistic treatments. It's a lot. I will say I agree with the vet about doing the full blood work because there are a lot of these issues that mask other issues and they all interelate. Knowing how to proceed even in holistic treatment (homeopathic or herbal) requires some information blood work can provide and save time and mistakes.

mtiger - I bet you are back on track - probably just TOM - weight lifting has to even out. Your clothes getting looser?

jeanette - hope you have your energy back and op? keep taking care of yourself

dutch - you sound like you are staying busy - don't work too hard!

blonde and willow - hoping you are both feeling better!

ez - you'll get off those last few pounds!! just put your mind to it :-) and remember shopping for pants burns calories too ;-)
Old 05-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #352  
Doing it.

Good news! My sister definitely won't have to take my mother to a shelter; her husband wants her back home. So, crisis averted!

Cella and I are tons better but TOM is about to start and I'm wiped out. So, I'll probably just wait til that's over with to go back to the gym.

I met an opera singer today and she was so nice! She also has a degree in psychology and we were talking about addictions and she really inspired me. She also told me to read The Alchemist. It was definitely cool to meet someone who trained under Pavarotti!

On the BAAAAD side of life, I gained ANOTHER 2 pounds. I've totally given up bad food (no fast food in exactly a week) and I think the worst I've eaten was a few handfuls of cheez-its and a caramel macchiatto from Starbucks yesterday. I can see that I'll have to start writing down everything I eat again and also start drinking water. It's no secret that I drink MAYBE one thing a day. I'm also hoping that it's a gain in part to TOM. So frustrating! 12 pound gain since Feb! Forget this! I'm running again as soon as possible!

Dutch it looks as if you and I will be on the same path here! Same height about and nearly same weight now. Why can't I be six ft tall???/

mtiger, 191 was a pain for me, too. Never wanted to go much lower than that! Then again, it just wanted to go higher...

bobble, I'm sorry about your kitty. =( And it's interesting about your iron...that could be my problem too, now that I think of it. Maybe I'll invest in some multi vitamins and an iron pill.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #353  
Gaining Attitude

Iron - I forgot again! Thanks for the reminder!! Why is it so easy to forget? I'm glad you and Cella are better (love her name!) and you sound so re-motivated. I'm hoping when I go on maintenance I can forgo the calorie counting - that I'll have a better idea of what calories things are. But until then I need that control. Honestly I never drink water much...I know BAD ;-)
Old 05-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #354  

Jeanette - I am so happy for you that the family stuff is woking itself out, it can be such a killer. And it is good to hear your health is improving. You should see all the supplements I take, I have a whole row in the bathroom and it has become part of my morning routine: put on mascara, brush teeth, take vitamins and other supplements. I have started feeling much better since I started doing that, both physically and mentally.
I spied your mini-goals - have you tried a C25K? I went from barely able to run at all to running 20 min. straight in about 6 weeks, running just 3 times a week. ofcourse I still run very, very slowly, but I'll worry about speed and distance when I've gotten the bod used to doing 30 min. without stopping - which will be in OMG 3 weeks!
Don't forget the water drinking.
I haven't read The Alchemist, but I did just read another of his books, Brida. rather liked it.

Sorry, I am starting to ramble I am so tired. Tomorrow is a public holiday, so no workies! The weather is pretty goos, so I am going to get some lovely plants at the garden centre.
Bya all! have a great day
Old 05-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #355  
Doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblefrog View Post
Iron - I forgot again! Thanks for the reminder!! Why is it so easy to forget? I'm glad you and Cella are better (love her name!) and you sound so re-motivated. I'm hoping when I go on maintenance I can forgo the calorie counting - that I'll have a better idea of what calories things are. But until then I need that control. Honestly I never drink water much...I know BAD ;-)
LOL Thanks, Cella is short for Marcella (pronounced like mar-CHELL-a). Her teacher calls her Marcy and I could punch him for that! LOL! I just think it's all this sudden stress that keeps making me...BLAH. I haven't counted calories accurately in a month or two...so that's something else I need to do ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
Jeanette - I am so happy for you that the family stuff is woking itself out, it can be such a killer. And it is good to hear your health is improving. You should see all the supplements I take, I have a whole row in the bathroom and it has become part of my morning routine: put on mascara, brush teeth, take vitamins and other supplements. I have started feeling much better since I started doing that, both physically and mentally.
I spied your mini-goals - have you tried a C25K? I went from barely able to run at all to running 20 min. straight in about 6 weeks, running just 3 times a week. ofcourse I still run very, very slowly, but I'll worry about speed and distance when I've gotten the bod used to doing 30 min. without stopping - which will be in OMG 3 weeks!
Don't forget the water drinking.
I haven't read The Alchemist, but I did just read another of his books, Brida. rather liked it.

Sorry, I am starting to ramble I am so tired. Tomorrow is a public holiday, so no workies! The weather is pretty goos, so I am going to get some lovely plants at the garden centre.
Bya all! have a great day
I really should invest in vitamins at least. Maybe it would wake me up! I haven't done the C25K. I don't even know what it is, lol! I can run 12 minutes in a row now, but since I haven't done much in the past two weeks, I'm sure I'll have to start all over again! I love buying plants, but the actual PLANTING them? Worms, yuck.

Oh! It's nearly 430, time for me to leave! I have to work job #2 tonight so I'm going home and cleaning a bit and then I'm off to work. See you all later!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #356  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

hello just been busy this last couple of weeks and at the moment i really do not have to much to share except that today has been pretty good. this week is a week of leftovers for dinner. monday was lasagna, yesterday we went out for pizza tonight is the left overs tomorrow i do not know yet and the same goes for friday.

Last edited by mrsaugie; 05-20-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #357  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

After doing cardio last night I was back down to 189.2 today. Can I see a lower number please?? Did some HIIT tonight. It was kind of fun to see how fast we could run. Friday we are doing 5k.

Gary- Sometimes we need a break. Tomorrow is a mental health day for me. I am going shopping and working in the yard. YAY!!!

Bobble- 900 calories. Way too low, I'm sure. I tend to short myself on food. I need to make sure I get enough calories everyday. Need fuel to burn fat.

J- Sounds like you might need to figure out how many calories you need and then track them. I know that's the only thing that works for me.

Dutch- My BF, workout buddy, are doing our own c25k. HIIT today, distance in Friday. We are working it out.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #358  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi TEAM

Still holding the 182-184 numbers on the scale

Still drinking 1-3 beers over my limit of 3 a day (but not every day...just most)

Still doing reasonable on my eating but cannot seem to get rid of chips and cheese in my diet...which...honestly...

I believe is my biggest enemy fighting the weight.

Why do I have to have chips and cheese in various ways almost every single day?

I have eliminated the cheese from my sandwich every day for the last 2 years....yet I make nachos at least twice every week-end...for my freakin' breakfast!

I do WAY better eating chips but I seem to find a way to fit them in my meals somewhere every single day....man oh man!

SUPER J ~ HA! My niece is Marcella (mar-sella) and goes by Marci Angie read The Alchemist....I'll ask her what she thought of it.

MINDY ~Every day should be mental health day for me

BOBBLEFROG ~Prayers for the kitty...we have lost a few around here over the years...never any fun

MrsAugie ~ HI

DUTCHGIRL ~ You have a great holiday...'old timer

BRAT ~ JULES ~ MANDY and ALL
Old 05-20-2009, 08:34 PM   #359  
ugggg.....

only weigh once a week so next Monday will tell, but no soda all day--morning coffee and then water -- plain or SOBE lifewaters...almost 13,000 steps on the pedometer..

Hi to Gary and everyone else!!! Gary--I can't keep chips in the house...latch key kid syndrome for me with the Coke and Chip diet from my youth--
Old 05-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #360  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Awesome Jules...you are off to a great start!
Closed Thread