Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #256  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I tested my theory. Burger King was also gross to me. I think working out is making me not like junk!
Old 05-10-2009, 03:44 AM   #257  

I agree, J., I had KFC the other day and it just didn't taste as good as I remember, not to mention it gave me a nasty case of the trots the next morning. so no more for me.
Did my run this morning:
5 minutes brisk walk
8 minutes jogging
5 minutes brisk walk
8 minutes jogging

didn't do to bad

Happy mother's day all!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:21 AM   #258  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I remember about 4 years or so back, Angie had weaned me off fast food....this was before my journey of better choices....anyway, I hadn't had any fast food for about a year. One week-end she took off to see her mom, leaving me to fend for myself. I decided to go to Del Taco to treat myself...

boy was that a nasty result....

I stayed way away from fast food for quite a while...to be honest now if I go...I am way careful on what I order...after that!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TEAM!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:59 AM   #259  
Doing it.

Well, today I'm going to go to a buffet and eat as much GOOD as I can, and stay away from all the BAD.

Oh, and I tried the Fiber One bars and they are SO DELICIOUS but yeah. They make your belly hurt.

The 5K will be run at about 2pm. And my shins hurt today. Blargh.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #260  

No 5K from me today, had a lot of family stuff, Mother's Day, going to see my niece and her husband and the absolutely gorgeous girlchild she has just given birth to (pictures soon), and saying goodbye to my sister who's going back to the US tomorrow.
I am going to miss her so much. She is not just my sis but one of my best friends.
Hope you do well on the 5K Jeanette, and everybody else that is participating.
I will join the party again next time.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #261  
Doing it.

Thanks, dutch!

I'm waiting for this brick of food to settle. I didn't eat as much as I normally would have, but I did have lots of cheese...
Old 05-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #262  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

just finished my 5K. Well I actually did 5 miles. That is officially a long way. I did it in 1 hour 4 min. that was alot faster than I thought I could do it. My butt hurts. I ran most of it too. I took a few walk breaks along the way. I gotta say I am proud of myself.

J- I have never had any trouble with the fiber one bars. I love them. I have heard other people say that though. Weird!! Good luck on you run.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #263  
Doing it.

I ate brunch at 11am, and it is nearly 630pm. I still have no intention of eating. The food has yet to settle! I wonder why? I actually ate really slow today so I'll blame that for my fullness.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #264  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

well overall it was a good day. went out to breakfast and did some running around then worked in the yard right through lunch this afternoon. and ended the day with chicken on the grill, candied, carrots, and rice.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:57 PM   #265  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I am going to be afraid to weigh in Monday morning....my son in law and daughter took us out for Mother's Day...I never worry about what I eat if he is paying!

Went to our favorite Mexican place where they call me Mr. Budweiser (I am telling you the God's honest truth)...had my normal plate of cheese enchiladas...the one I usually split...didn't split it...dang!

I feel so freakin' full now...I used to feel like this a lot...not anymore...

don't like it

but happy I spent some of the kidnapper's money for Mother's Day...

but now that I think about it..

my daughter probably paid and just let him look like he did!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 05-11-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:48 AM   #266  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Default Happy Monday!!!!!

FIRST KUDOS TO EVERYONE THAT RAN 5Ks THIS WEEKEND!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME!!

I can't wait til this summer when I take it on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
BOBBLEFROG my wife just started teaching yoga...I bet she wishes she could teach it at a resort in Jamaica or Cancun rather than church, a gym and a yoga studio...which she does "mostly" for free...some are paying classes...barely...
I'll send you the links to the two outfits that run these "working vacation" programs by PM. I can't vouch for them as we haven't done them yet, but the research I have put in indicates they are legit. I personally lean towards the Canadian company (pretty much all the info you need is on the website) and that's who L will probably try for first. For us it's a perfect fit.

Quote:
Angie is making her own yogurt right now...her first try at it.
Let me know how it goes - I have the crockpot recipe bookmarked (found in these forums I think...) and would love to find out what she thought. I'm a little leery!

I also tried nutritional yeast for the first time this weekend - wow it really does taste like cheese. Still has the calories, but better for you (all B vitamins). About the same per tablespoon as shredded Parmesean (20ish). I sprinkled mine in with pasta and veggies. Yum! My diet buddy says she likes it sprinkled on popcorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannette311 View Post
I tested my theory. Burger King was also gross to me. I think working out is making me not like junk!
I'd say that's a good thing!!!!!! I find I am just not having the cravings - for example I get these 99 cent small organic dark chocolate bars when we check out at the grocery store...in the past I'd have it eaten before I got home. But I've been able to wait for dessert, eat half, put it away and have half another day...and sometimes it sits there several days!

I don't know what it is? The mindset? The exercise? Knowing I want to be good to my body? The progesterone cream that has helped get my hormones in balance...? I don't know but I'm loving it!

I had a good and bad weekend. I won't dwell on the bad, but Saturday I was so fatigued. Not sure what is going on, maybe a mild hypothyroidism, but if that's it, diet, exercise and breathing exercises (the third part of the program - getting rid of stress) has a good chance of correcting it, so starting there. Just keep doing what I'm doing.

And maybe if I can scrape together the money get a consultation with a nutritionist to help me eat the right foods to support adrenal fatigue. Apparently peanuts are a no-no - and I have pnut butter every day!

Sunday and today great though! I feel good and I lost another couple of pounds - WOOT WOOT. You KNOW I was so excited to see that. And it's TOM so I'm hopeful, so hopeful that next week I'll drop the last 1.5 and will be putting up my little 15 pound lost avatar. Fingers crossed....that MAGIC BALONEY PILL IS WORKING!

Sunday is my BF's and my 'day off'. We stay off the computers and get out and do something. Then we have a nice dinner and a bottle of wine. That's another thing - I didn't drink once last week - or even crave it. Usually I get ancy about mid-week for something. It's great having the cravings fade away ... I hope this keeps up! Anyway, yesterday was rainy (seems it has been lately on our day off) and we went to the mall and a new thrift store.

I am proud to say we walked off about two hours of calories (not that HE NEEDS TO!), skipped the pretzel stand and shared a Hiboko salad from Tokyo Joes. It turns out to be a good choice when I looked up the calories on the site. And we worked out too - for me 15 minutes brisk on the treadmill, 3 minutes on the stair stepper and half an hour weights. Oh and I figured out the bike - we thought it was broken but realized you have to start pedaling to make the controls come one. I did a couple minutes on that.

Based on clothes trying on...I am officially now in a snug (but not muffin top) 15/16 pants size and XL tops. I am waving good bye to the plus sizes forever!!!!! I feel really fortunate I'm dropping the weight from my tummy first...I was thinking the other day as I saw my shadow when walking that I've lost my "Alfred Hitchcock silhouette!".

And my darling BF said when I was on the treadmill - "You're just melting away"!!! ROFLOL - he's learning after I kicked him in the shins earlier in the week for saying, after I asked him can you tell I've lost weight, "Yes I can see a difference...your posture is better". MEN!!

OKAY EVERYONE NEW WEEK!!!! What is everyone's goal this week? Mine is to add regular breathing exercises in every day and do stomach crunches every day....I did 30 regulars and 12 on each side Sunday (most ever so far).

WE HAVE TO PROVE EZ'S MAGIC PILL WORKS - can't let him down!!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I am going to be afraid to weigh in Monday morning....my son in law and daughter took us out for Mother's Day...I never worry about what I eat if he is paying!

Went to our favorite Mexican place where they call me Mr. Budweiser (I am telling you the God's honest truth)...had my normal plate of cheese enchiladas...the one I usually split...didn't split it...dang!

I feel so freakin' full now...I used to feel like this a lot...not anymore...

don't like it

but happy I spent some of the kidnapper's money for Mother's Day...

but now that I think about it..

my daughter probably paid and just let him look like he did!
my family took me out for Mexican to. I had a plate of 1 chicken enchilada, 1 chicken burrito and 1 Chile Relleno(sp) 1 bowl of cheese dip and 1 order of rice. I left the enchilada and about 1/4 of the burrito on my plate. I wont go into all the chips I ate...lol I drank unsweet tea and just had some pop corn for dinner.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #268  

Meet Rayven.
She was born May 6th at 6.04 PM local time
She is 50 cm. (19.7 inch) long and weighs 3880 grams (8.55 lbs)
Mom and Dad are very proud and coping very well with their first-born.
I am her very happy great-aunt ( and doens't that title make me feel like I'm due for a walker)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00618.jpg (22.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by dutchgirl; 05-11-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #269  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

well i mangaged to dig out 2 more stumps today 2 left to go and i also got in my normal exercising. the bed is still kicking my hind quaters. but not for long. eating was really good today. oh yeah i am still at 176.4 i hope this is the last time i see that number on the scale. please oh please.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #270  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
Meet Rayven.
She was born May 6th at 6.04 PM local time
She is 50 cm. (19.7 inch) long and weighs 3880 grams (8.55 lbs)
Mom and Dad are very proud and coping very well with their first-born.
I am her very happy great-aunt ( and doens't that title make me feel like I'm due for a walker)
Awww smoochy oochy coo! She's adorable! And nah, not time for a walker, not when you are running ;-) Congratulations!
Closed Thread