Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 11:07 PM   #241  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

*cries*

Thank you Gary. I really needed that. Everyone's having a crap day and it's all spreading over to my brain.

LIKE PRIMORDIAL OOZE.

(I make really good manicotti and baklava too...)
Old 05-08-2009, 01:03 AM   #242  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Default I'm still clueless on the multiquote...

I start out by highlighting the text I want to quote in each post and select the multiquote icon each time (it turns red) but what is the "quote" I'm supposed to select when I'm done? If I select the quote button on the last post I highlighted in it seems to quote the entire page with all the posts. If I select the quote icon on my toolbar it just gives me the two quote brackets (with nothing inside).

Super J! You can do this - we all believe in you! You are our inspiration, too :-)

Emzee thanks for the support - and Blonde I'm sorry you are still dealing with mono - I understand that can be very dehibilitating. You definitely take care of yourself. Have you researched any options for food therapy (yeah nutrition), supplements or herbs you can take to help get your system back in whack?

EZ - no whine and certainly no cheese! Not if we are going to prove your magic baloney pill works. It was just a tough morning. Fortunately the day got much better. BF had to work late and YEAH ME I went to the exercise room ALL BY MYSELF. Did not let the buff man working out deter me (I feel like such an awkward frump!), nor the children pressing their nose against the glass to watch me treadmill (okay - I exaggerate -slightly), or the fact it was freakin 86 degrees in there! I told my BF later we were just getting the extra luxury of a sauna with our workout. And I did the stairstepper for 3 minutes for the first time without stopping.

And I even wore my sweatpants with the flashing little lights in the pocket! You know I was feeling TOUGH!

Backstory: We spent two years fulltime RVing - and now that my BF's mother has passed on, we're looking to move to Asheville. I guess I'm just hesitating setting down roots. I miss my house, our garden and my mom. I'm scared of losing "healthy" time with her. Our neighbors here are all sort of standoffish - oh you know - they seem pleasant enough, but they hurry by and try not to make eye contact. You can tell they aren't interested in opening their circle. So to make friends, it's not quite like in the parks where you chatted with everyone. Instead I'd need to go get involved in something and with that comes obligation and time commitments. Not something I have a lot of right now. No whine, I promise. Just sort of how things got set up. This too shall pass! Just some days I have a bad start!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:07 AM   #243  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannette311 View Post
I feel like a fraud. I'm buying running stuff, and reading RW and getting book recommendations... and I'm this blob. Sure, we all have to start somewhere but I can't help but feeling a bit like a fake losery person.
You so are not a fake! Look at all the work you are putting into the exercise and everything.
You are changing your behaviors and sometimes that just feels like "not you" until it gets incorporated into your system. One day very soon you are going to wake up and realise that the running and the magazine and the workout gear are very much part of who Jeanette is. You keep it up sweetheart!
And if you're having a lousy day, we're here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblefrog View Post
I start out by highlighting the text I want to quote in each post and select the multiquote icon each time (it turns red) but what is the "quote" I'm supposed to select when I'm done? If I select the quote button on the last post I highlighted in it seems to quote the entire page with all the posts. If I select the quote icon on my toolbar it just gives me the two quote brackets (with nothing inside).

don't highlight anything, just click on multiquote at each of the postings you want to have quoted. when you've got them all, click on the regular quote button and the posting screen will pop up with all the quoted texts. just erase what you don't need

BF had to work late and YEAH ME I went to the exercise room ALL BY MYSELF. Did not let the buff man working out deter me (I feel like such an awkward frump!), nor the children pressing their nose against the glass to watch me treadmill (okay - I exaggerate -slightly), or the fact it was freakin 86 degrees in there!

hey, you were out there doing it! Why do we care so much what perfect strangers that we may never see again may think of us? And I do say "may" because we can't see what they are thinking

And I even wore my sweatpants with the flashing little lights in the pocket! You know I was feeling TOUGH!

flashing lights in your pocket?
I'm off to start week 5 of my C25K. The weatherman promised a nice day but it is very blustery and it looks like I might get a load of rain dumped on me. Oh well, that will cool me off!

Last edited by dutchgirl; 05-08-2009 at 02:11 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:39 AM   #244  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

2 days weighing in at 182...so better than 183

BOBBLEFROG ~ don't highlight anything...just hit the "page" on all the posts you want...then hit "quote" all the posts will show up....then you can go trhough and click on what you want to delete out of each post...at least that is the way I do it.

DUTCHGIRL have a great run!

have a great day TEAM!
Old 05-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #245  

Just as I went outside this morning, expecting rain at any moment, the clouds broke and there was some glorious sunshine. Felt like a little present from Heaven. Most of my run is along water, and the sun on the water just looks so beautiful.

My run today was easy:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)

I go by time, not distance as I am slower than molasses in January. I will worry about speeding up and making more distance once I can run for 30 min. straight.

Have a great day, everybody!

Last edited by dutchgirl; 05-08-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #246  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Ah, I got it! Finally, I too can be the multiquote queen! Thanks all!!

CONGRATULATIONS EZ - glad to see you are BACK ON TRACK

I also am off the probationary period. WooHoo. I now am official with my little ticker and signature. The hulu girl is definitely symbolic of one of my more purely hedonistic motivations. My BF is going to be (hopefully) doing some yoga teaching at some resorts next year - Jamaica, Cancun, Costa Rica- and I want to be a "fit" companion. I want to wear sleeveless tops and a bathing suit and cute little sundresses....without embarrassment or self-consciousness!

Hope everyone is having a nice Friday - have a great weekend - and I can't wait to hear about everyone's successes. Hope everyone has beautiful weather like dutchgirl and gets LOTS of exercise, too!

Old 05-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #247  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Glad you are having nice weather DUTCHGIRL.

BOBBLEFROG my wife just started teaching yoga...I bet she wishes she could teach it at a resort in Jamaica or Cancun rather than church, a gym and a yoga studio...which she does "mostly" for free...some are paying classes...barely...
Old 05-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Dutchgirl-Wish I had that weather...

Jeannette-It's okay to take a day off.. I haven't worked out in who knows when!!!

I had to work in a building that had no AC today and it was very hot outside due to us having quite a bit of humidity here. None of us figured out until today why the building had been so hot since yesterday and finally someone was there to fix the AC basically near the end of the day go figure. We couldn't even open windows since ours are bolted shut for who knows why.. So needless to say I feel very yucky and still very hot even though I've been home for over 4 hours now in my cool house. Oh well hopefully maybe some of that sweat got rid of some water weight! LOL..I'm a bit bored tonight since my husband went to see a movie with one of his best buds. They've kind of made it a tradition to go see a couple of movies each year that me nor his girlfriend would want to see. So I'm enjoying the quiet. Have a nice night!
Old 05-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #249  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

J- A co-worker was talking about the March of DImes walk she did. My sister is the area director. Anyway, she was complaining about how sore and tired she was. The walk was 4 miles. I thought, really??? That is just not a big deal anymore. A few years ago i probably would have felt like dying, but not anymore. You are making more progress than you realize. Keep it up.

All I did this week was walk/jog with my friend. I should be losing this week, but I'm not. So tonight I did 40 min. of Jillian's Cardio DVD. Let's see if that does any good.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:59 AM   #250  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Back up a pound TEAM.

Our vicar from church, and his wife, my brother and his wife came over for dinner last night. We had carnitas and black bean tacos. I don't feel like I ate too much...maybe had a beer too many.

Haven't got any miles in the last two days.

I would say my efforts the last 2 days have been better but not that great. As I type I seem to remember that I was saying to myself "you don't "need" anymore food....but I got up and fixed another taco and carnitas burrito anyway....dang....I didn't do that when I was making "my journey of better choices"

Stay cool today BRAT

That is a great feeling isn't it MINDY? When you go out and do 3-4 miles...even more...and can come home and have stuff left in the tank!

Have a great week-end ladies ~ I will check in later.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #251  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

well last night was pizza night and this morning was homemade waffles. yummy on both accounts. well i still am going to exercise today and i m hoping to get it in 2x today. i know big ambitions but that is what i need. but right now it is time to get working on the house work.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #252  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Yesterday was my free day so I had a Lunchable and a HUGE dinner at Red Robin. I don't know what it is, but I'm just not impressed with my old favorites anymore. I still crave burgers and pizza, but it's just not the same. I'm taking it as good news.

I ran 12 minutes straight today, shifting from 4.7 mostly to as high up as 6.1 and as low as 4.2. With a couple mins left I accidentally hit the stop button and so it took me 15 seconds to get back at my running speed. I hope it doesn't mean I really didn't do 12 min in a row b/c I tacked on an extra 15 seconds just to be safe...I guess I'll try to run another 12 min tomorrow when I do my 5K.

I walked/ran a mile in 14 minutes so I was pretty happy with that. (I walked the first 4 minutes.)

And of course, I just want to thank everyone again. My friends and fam are NOT sporty at all and it's really difficult to try to do all this because they just don't get it. You guys totally get me and keep me motivated. *hugs* I've also had to kind of distance myself from my buds a bit b/c I will just eat blindly when we are together. Once I have some self control then I'll hang out more I guess. The bf is coming in a couple months and I want to be able to run awesome just so I have SOMETHING to show for myself, hahahahah!

And of course I haven't lost any weight (198.8) but now that I'm focusing on time, I'm kind of forgetting about the scale a bit. But in the back of my head I know that the less I weigh, the faster I can go, so I think that's helping me.

And tomorrow is Mother's Day (ugh). So I get shuttled off to a buffet (which is BAD NEWS for me) to gorge myself on crap, but also luckily I don't LIKE this place we are going to, and getting up a couple of times is really humiliating for me (b/c everyone must think that I shouldn't eat a lot) so I get up once or twice at most and eat salad (ok so I drown it in dressing, oops) and fruit (I don't like getting meat b/c I don't eat pork and I don't like asking the carver for anything and what if he gives me a gross looking piece anyway?!??!) and I might get a piece of cheesecake after (but most times I don't finish it b/c it's really crappy usually).

After that fiasco I'll do my 5K.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #253  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

so when i did my exercising nothing seemed to get me going. now i know that the workout was not the best in the world because of it but in the long run i know that it will make a difference. right now i feel like it did not because i just did not feel like it was productive. that is the nature of the beast.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #254  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Couldn't do my 5 miles today because of rain. It is supposed to be nice tomorrow so I will do it then. I have done 2 night of Jillian for 40 min. The scale is not budging and I don't know why. GGRR!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #255  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Enjoy your MOTHER'S DAY ladies....be sensible but remember it is only one day, a few extra calories isn't a big deal....take a nice walk or do an extra mile tomorrow!

Walked the Mother's Day 5K with Angie and the dogs today then to Kohl's for some tennis shoes and boots.

Angie is making her own yogurt right now...her first try at it.
Closed Thread