Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 08:43 PM   #181  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Well I must say my ex-wife and sister made some outstanding fried chicken today for the family gathering....they had me sample the first piece and it was like eating Lay's Potato Chips (bet'cha can't eat just one) only way better.

We had birthday cake for my sister and her/our family best friend from 2nd grade...also know as Aunt Cathy...it was/is going to be their 50th birthday and my dil's 28th birthday...I ate ZERO cake and ice cream...

I won't admit to pieces of fried chicken but I will say it was over 4 and under 8....

Note to self ~ focus on calories this coming week....wink
Old 05-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #182  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

My calorie tally for today is 1180. I've had plenty of water and moved around a bit. My gowear fit says I spent over 1800 cals today. Not bad for being lazy for a good part of the day.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 225/215/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone! Thanks for posting, it's great to read. I think this thread helped me keep on track this weekend.
We went to the gym on Sat and Sun and the gym scale (which I ignored last week cause it had me 3 pounds higher than my home scale!) said I lost 3 pounds since last week! Same tonight, so I feel really happy.

We went out to eat last night and I did very well - salmon and double portion of veggies, instead of potato.

I started keeping track of what I eat at fitday, too. First time ever. I really thought it'd just be too much/too hard to keep track. But, then I remembered when I got out of debt several years ago. It was very hard, but the key was keeping track. Yup. Connect the dots. Be accountable.

Thank you for being here.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #184  

So full of baloney now that I don't want or need that extra burrito or entire meal for lunch![/QUOTE]

It's great!!! So encouraging! And funny, too.
Thanks for the encouragement the other day, too. I laughed so hard when you reminded us that the tears were weight, too!
Old 05-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #185  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannette311 View Post
My calorie tally for today is 1180. I've had plenty of water and moved around a bit. My gowear fit says I spent over 1800 cals today. Not bad for being lazy for a good part of the day.
I hope tomorrow is much, much easier than you imagine! Again, you're my example -- one of my goals is to get a check up this year. It's been 6 years. You rock!

Mari
Old 05-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #186  

[QUOTE=blondebritbrat17;2724608]

I just found out I will not be going to work for the upcoming week. My school district has closed as a precaution and to help prevent the flu and H1N1 (swine) flu from spreading. Fortunately we do not have to make up the days nor will I lose pay thank goodness. So I will have more rest I guess which right now I could use some due to me being in the middle of another "episode" of whatever this is.

I hope the time helps you rest and take care of yourself, stretch, feel proud of your Tremendous Will Power!!! I'll look forward to reading your feats of strength!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 11:37 PM   #187  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
Hey everybody, thanks for the kind thoughts.

Mindy, what happened was that on Queens Day the country becomes one big party and the queen and her family visit a few towns in the country. This time they got a tour in an open-topped double decker bus. Yesterday some madman drove into the crowd, through the security fences and tried to hit the bus.
Bodies went flying, 4 people died immediately, a 5th later in the evening and there are a number of people very seriously injured. He did not get close to the bus. He ran his car into a cement pole and got severely injured. He is still in critical condition. All this was live on tv and it was awful.

As a country we are perplexed and hurt.
There was always kind of a sweetness and innocence about Queens Day.
I hope we haven't lost that because of some nut case.

I pray for the victims and their family, but also for the guy who did this.
I cannot imagine that he is anything other than mentally ill.
I'm so sorry about Queens Day. Deeply touched by your magnanimous prayer for everyone involved.

Mari
Old 05-04-2009, 09:53 AM   #188  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

i am bac down to 176.4 so i am officially back on track. well sat after dinner Travis and i went for another walk after we ate and this time took 2 of the 3 dogs for a walk with us. they loved it that one was about 1 hour. then yesterday we helped set up and take down the rest stops for our local MS walk. i am still tired from that. at least the weather was nice for that. today i am hoping to get out and finish raking my yard and also do my normal exercising. well i will be back later.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #189  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Good Morning TEAM ~

Well I tallied up the score this morning on the evil scale....

Friday ~ Italian out ~ Shrimp and pasta dish

Saturday ~ The pizza we ordered to go on Fri. ~ 1/2 cheese 1/2 Canadian bacon

Lunch ~ split that Baja Fresh meal with Angie

Sunday ~ Lunch - Fried chicken ~ and leftover pizza for dinner

Breakfast ~ Sat - nachos .....stupid-stupid-stupid....Sun.- a breakfast bar

Weighed in at 181 on Friday and 183 this morning

I wonder why?

Not really.....I know why! It's the baloney!!

I did get out for 3 miles on Friday and Saturday....so it could have been worse.

Fight on TEAM ~ FIGHT ON!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #190  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
.... Not bad for being lazy for a good part of the day.
It is OK to be lazy "some" of the time kiddo! We all need to rest...it renews our strength. There is a time for everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Everybody talking about Mexican. When I went to dinner last night I really wanted Mexican. But, did I need 3 amigos (3 flour tortillas filled) or a huge plat of nachos. NO!!! I wanted it badly too. I opted for a chicken breast sandwich with some cheese. So not too bad.

Great choice!

Some people are so quick to judge, even if they have no real knowledge or facts. I know I will be more careful in the future before I jump to conclusions. Our thoughts are with her and our hearts are breaking along with hers.
Great advice for all of us Mindy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
Sounds like a workout to me J.! Tackle that stuff with attitude and you will burn calories galore.
Do we have the best coaches here or what!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblefrog View Post
.....EZ - WOOHOO - I think I'm sold on the idea of refraining from my scale addiction. Boy WAS IT HARD! I kept looking at it longingly in it's little corner. But I was very good and waited until this morning as I'm making Sunday my official day.

Official as of this morning: 194. So your baloney pill continues to work (as long as I cut thru the boloney, of course!). LOL!

I love this thread :-) Thanks for starting it. Hugs all. Jeannette you have drs appt this week? Or have you already made it through that? Thinking of you!
You are welcome It is easy to start a thread...it takes a solid TEAM to keep it going....thanks to people like you we have been losing 5...1 at a time... at a time for quite a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post
I need some more bologna to get through this weekend! There is a pack of cookies in the pantry calling my name!!
Iris....change your name! When do you make the big trip?

Quote:
By the time I finished cleaning and all that stuff the gym was closed. And it's too hot for me to go outside and run.

Well, I can clean some more and I have some sewing to do.
See! Time for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmZee View Post
We went out to eat last night and I did very well - salmon and double portion of veggies, instead of potato.

Another great choice!

I started keeping track of what I eat at fitday, too. First time ever. I really thought it'd just be too much/too hard to keep track. But, then I remembered when I got out of debt several years ago. It was very hard, but the key was keeping track. Yup. Connect the dots. Be accountable.

Thank you for being here.
THank you for joining us...your words are wise...be accountable!

Quote:
So full of baloney now that I don't want or need that extra burrito or entire meal for lunch!
It's great!!! So encouraging! And funny, too.
Thanks for the encouragement the other day, too. I laughed so hard when you reminded us that the tears were weight, too! [/QUOTE]

We have nothing against tears here...we just push hard to make those tears HAPPY TEARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaugie View Post
..... well sat after dinner Travis and i went for another walk after we ate and this time took 2 of the 3 dogs for a walk with us. they loved it that one was about 1 hour. then yesterday we helped set up and take down the rest stops for our local MS walk.....
Awesome! I have helped at many 5K's and marathons over the years with my wife and ex-wife....a great feeling! Another great feeling is doing them!!

We always have an open invitation to join our TEAM!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday, team! I have lots of work to do this week, but once it is over things will slow down a little bit - thank goodness! My boyfriend is getting in to town later this week and we're heading east sometime after the 14. Hopefully that will be a relaxing trip. And I'll see what I can do as far as eating...dinners w/ him tend to involve beer or wine, which really ups the calorie count! And I already know he's bringing me a special microbrew that he's picking up when he drives through Colorado...
Old 05-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Happy Monday everyone! I woke up this morning with the cold I was trying to ward off go figure on my "vacation". I know which kid gave it to me too lol. Every time this past year I have been off I've been sick which has its pros and cons. All of my co-workers are going on impromptu vacations so I am a bit jealous but on the positive side hopefully everyone comes back to work well rested. I went and got my bloodwork done so hopefully I'll know what's going on by Thursday or Friday and what needs to be done. They did take a lot of blood to where I had to go home and eat something afterwards.

Jeannette-Sounds like you got a work out just by cleaning alone! WTG

Here's wishing everyone a great week!
Old 05-04-2009, 03:45 PM   #193  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Quote:
I hope tomorrow is much, much easier than you imagine! Again, you're my example -- one of my goals is to get a check up this year. It's been 6 years. You rock!

Mari
My doc's appointment was okay! I know the doc (I used to nanny for his twins when they were newborns, and my mom works fro him) so he knew how upset I was going in. Even now I'm crying over it. Agh. Anyway, it was fine! It was over really quick and the nurse (who I know as well...actually I know everyone there lol) kept me distracted. Yay!

I also told him I can run for 9 minutes in a row and he was all impressed. And this am I was 196.8 but at the docs I was 200.6 but I'm blaming that in my wet hair (it's near my bottom now) or maybe some magic muscles that cropped up.

I also have been keeping my water intake up and food intake down. I'm starving right now and I want something good like pizza but will settle for this popcorn and water I guess.

AND! A PERMANENT job position is opening up at work. This would give me benefits. I am praying I get it. I really need this.

Anyhow, I'll be running tonight. I miss it.

EZ: Totally true. I really needed to be lazy. I've been so sleepy!

Blonde: I think I really did. I'm sore today, ha!

Last edited by Jeannette311; 05-04-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Jeanette, I'm so glad everything went well at the Dr.! And also I wish you the best on getting the position at your work.

britbrat, I hope you are feeling better soon. I was outside this morning working and now I'm all sneezy, but I'm pretty confident it's just my allergies. Being sick on vacation stinks, but at least you can rest up without feeling guilty about it.

Back to work for the afternoon... cheers team!
Old 05-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

So, anyone hit a Mental plateau? I had convinced myself, that I had doing really good, I'm looking pretty good, way better than 25lbs ago. Wearing my PJ's to take the girls to school for an excuse not to go to the gym ect. Well a friend talked me into going to the military base's wellness center for a fat analyze in their BodPod. I really hope this is the reality check I need. The Results are...

Weight:173.4(I knew that already)
Fat Weight:66.1
Lean weight :107.2

Percent Fat:38.1%
Percent Lean:61.9
Est RMR:1376 calories

Est RMR x activity level= Sedentary-1706
Low Active-2091
Active-2394
Very Active-2848
Closed Thread