Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #91  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Hey Willow - how many calories are you trying to stick to a day?
Old 04-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblefrog View Post
Hey Willow - how many calories are you trying to stick to a day?
about 1300
Old 04-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #93  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

well i am bac down to 177.4. 2.2 pounds gone that i gained last week i hope i can do that again this week and that will really get me motivated. any way still have to exercise and i will go and do that soon.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #94  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Hey, there is so much going on around here. Let me see if I can catch up.

Bobble- i weigh everyday. Scared not to. I also started the cream. this is my 2nd month. I am hoping it might help get a handle on the huge weight fluctuations at mid-cycle time. It hasn't yet.

Brit- People around here are being cut and layed off like crazy. If you have a job teaching, you just hold on and pray you get to keep it.

I kept busy yesterday. I worked on the chicken coop for 1.5 hours. Worked in the garden for another hour. I also did a 3 mile walk/jog. The scale rewarded my efforts with a loss today. YAY!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Oops, tried to post earlier but my comp froze and it didn't go through. Dang it!

I'll have to catch up later - I'm working on a presentation I need to give this week and it's stressed me into a little binge so I'm posting in attempt to stop that before it becomes a BIG one!!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #96  

I just keyed in my dinner and I am at 1293 WOOHOO. Dinner was 1 1/2 servings pasta(whole grain) 1serving alferdo sauce, 2oz chicken, 1 serving parm cheese, 100grams romaine lettuce with 1 serving whole grain croutons 1 serving Kens Light Cesar dressing and 1 serving parm cheese. I ate so much over the weekend, Saturday was breakfast at Golden Corral and dinner at a Barbecue place along with a 260 mile motorcycle ride. Sunday was 1 doughnut, 1 bowl of pasta salad(whole grain pasta with tomatoes, pepper jack cheese some shredded chicken and a red pepper dressing) dinner was refreshments at church, a baloney sandwich on white bread and some chips. no desert though.

I have no self control when it comes to eating a way from home, which is why I try not to do it very often. Anyone have that problem?
Old 04-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #97  
Gaining Attitude

YOUR MAGIC PILL IS WORKING EZ!!!!! I finally made my 10 lb goal!! WOOT WOOT. I got to change my little avatar and I get to post in the mini-goal forum today!

Ah Willow - I envy you your motorcycle! We have some friends we met when fulltime RVing that have Harleys and I told my BF he can't put off getting a bike much longer (he used to ride in his "younger days"). Now that I'm losing weight he can get a smaller cc and not worry about me ... um ... dragging him down when I'm on the back! LOL! Maybe one day I'll get my own. It's on my bucket list. Hey - maybe I'll make that my reward for one year on maintenance! I'm trying for about 1280 a day - but I get my calories in at breakfast at lunch and try to eat lighter for dinner. Often have a spiru-tein shake. It's hard because I get a little hungry at night, but I think I'm superstitious that eating late means I don't burn it off. We never go out though as money is so tight. But I know when we do - wow - it is really difficult to make good choices. It's like commercial establishments equate low-cal with iceberg lettuce, blech! You know?!

MTiger - I'm starting my fourth month on the cream. I'm afraid I saw results immediately the first month - although I read it can take up to three or four months for someone to experience relief. In fact you may have some swings initially as your estrogen is going to spike in response, before things move into equilibrium. I did feel like I was physically on my period all month the first one. Just emotionally I was better. Although I still have symptoms, they don't rule my life. Don't give up! You may need a different cream, and also have your doctor check your estrogen levels. You may need to go oral. Basically I was told the most minor imbalances can be corrected by herbs. Then mid-level is the cream (I use Life-flo Progesta-Care) but that if you are seriously imbalanced you may need the prescription orals. There are women I know who resisted going on the orals, but when they finally did, felt that it saved their lives.

Just keep trying!
Old 04-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #98  

a day on plan has paid off, i was down from 173 to 171.3 this is the lowest I have been ALL month. Tomorrow is my birthday and I am spending it at Disney with my husband and children(this is the firs time the kids have ever been)so I am not see this number or anything lower for the rest of the week..lol I do have snacks like bake chips, sun chips, salsa, turkey burgers(to cook for lunch) some low fat string cheese and lots of water. I need at least 1 decadent meal though, after all it is my birthday.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:03 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Mtiger- Oh I know what you mean. I doubt I am in any danger of losing my job since I'm in a special department for special needs students and the person who hired me is separate from my direct "on campus" supervisors the ones who are at war with each other. But I am on my toes believe me. Education is pretty stable which we are very thankful for due to my husband's job feeling the effects of the economy. But wow sounds like you worked hard!! chicken coop and all of that!

Willow- that dinner sounds yummy.

bobblefrog-CONGRATS!

I just got done drinking some nasty airborne in some water. We still are battling the flu at my school and now there are reports of the swine flu in Dallas I'm a little nervous since I have been catching everything this year. Needless to say I've been hand washing and making my kiddos wash their hands. The last time I used the airborne earlier this year it seemed to help me get better faster from the nastiest cold I have ever had. So I'm doing a early strike heh. Can't hurt. I can't wait to go to the grocery store this weekend and stock up. I found some really yummy sounding/looking recipes that are low cal low fat and generally pretty healthy and I think that is my problem I am in a rut cooking wise and well I've gotten lazy this year. That's my problem I'm just lazy and need to work harder. I did get hit on today at the grocery store I'm pretty sure. I was clueless though about it until I got to my car since I was in such a rush to get to work this morning and started wondering why in the heck the guy was so nice and so talkative to me then it hit me that he had been staring at me an awful lot.. lol.. My co-workers thought it was pretty funny when I got to work and told them. I didn't tell them that I'm just not savvy about those things and it took me a full year to realize my hubby was interested in me lol. It did kind of make me feel better about myself today though.

have a great evening!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:07 PM   #100  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY MANDY!...have a great day! Sounds like fun

OK ~ I will check in big tonight or tomorrow...spent last night (all OK) with Angie in the hospital (I have a "But Babe the game" thread on General Chatter for more details)....which didn't do well for my calorie intake...

did a mid-night run through Jack In The Box on the way home....but, all-in-all way better than the last time I was there....about 2.5 years ago

1 burger, cheese no bacon...fish and chips...

be good....or at least....better than me!
Old 04-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

The McDonald's by my work no longer makes the asian salad... anyone know if that's been discontinued or it's just this location? I rarely go (haven't since before Christmas) and was planning on it for lunch today, but alas! I got the southwest instead and picked off about half of the tortilla strips.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #102  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I can't believe I had to go to page 2...oh my...

Weighed in at 182 this morning....guess that mid-night run to Jack In The Box after Angie's trip to emergency didn't help matters!

off work right now for a few days but trying to be good...trying...around the lunch items of choice. Getting my miles in, now I need to get some more calorie burning chores done!

be back later...

Hope MANDY is having fun at Disney World for her birthday!
Old 04-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #103  
Gaining Attitude

Cheering on your chores!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #104  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thanks Bobblefrog....I was about 50/50 on it today.

I did clean out my travel/cosmetic bag since I will be in the area for a few months at least. It was looking pretty bad with all the gels, soaps and crud in it from the last 2 years of hotel living. I did get my new power toothbrush up and running...my periodontist is making me since I tossed my last one! I did clean out a lot of magazines out of my bathroom that will make Angie happy and I did get a pork roast cooked!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #105  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Okay, people! YESTERDAY I RAN! I ran for my LIFE! I ran exactly EIGHT minutes in a ROW. This is a world record and I am pretty much master of the universe. You can all bow to me if you want, but you don't have to.

I've changed my goal a bit. I still want to be thin, but I want to RUN. I want to run a whole half hour without stopping. I think I can make that happen by the end of the year. January started with being able to run 30 seconds! Now I'm up to eight minutes!

And my eating still isn't the best...but I've stopped eating "fast food." Meaning...I still eat Subway and pizza and five guys and Moe's once in awhile, but I;'m also eating normal breakfasts and RUNNING and being more careful.

If I weighed in right now I'd probably be at 200 but I don't care because I ran for EIGHT MINUTES IN A ROW!
Closed Thread