Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/160

Height: 5'11

Default confidence issue

OK so... theres this guy that i have known for a while and he is like a ten on a scale of 1-10. SO cute. and ive ALWAYS had a thing for him. well we've started talking again recently and he just says things that drive me crazy (in a good way) and we're supposed to be making plans to hang out and such.. but im just too scared to do it. Im bigger then when i used to see him all the time. i HAVE seen him when i was at my heaviest weight so he knows what i look like, and since then ive lost 28 pounds. i dont think hes the type to be bothered by that or even notice. but im just afraid that i dont look good enough to hang out with him yet.
xpinkglowx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Maybe it would help to look at it this way: He wouldn't be worthy of you if he thought you weren't good enough.

Or this way: Would you tell your daughter she wasn't good enough for a cute guy?

Just trying to help shift your frame of mind.

In any event, just do it? If you don't, you lose him anyway. You might just find that in the end, he's not all that and a bag of chips, and you wasted energy worrying about him. Or, you might have a really great time. At the very least, it won't be so scary next time!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

You even said he saw you when you were 28 pounds heavier, so what are you worried about. The personality is what he likes about you or should anyways. So go for it girl.
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/160

Height: 5'11

he seems so untouchable... like... the hot guy you only dream about and admire from afar... hah and when i used to be small i never had one of those because i was confident and i could get any guy i wanted. alots changed so im scared that not even i wont be good looking enough but maybe i just wont be confident enough. i wish i knew how to get that back.
xpinkglowx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:51 AM   #5  
nil

S/C/G: 145/145/180

Height: 6'0"

practice is the only thing I know that works
nil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:10 AM   #6  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Take a deep breath and regain your confidence. That's the sexyiest thing anyways.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

He should like you for who you are and not what you weigh. If a guy's only reason to not go out with a girl is her weight, than he's probably not the type of person you want to be with.

Are you ready to make a move on him? If you feel you can handle the outcome no matter what happens, then go for it. I usually hold off talking to guys because I'm pretty sure I'd feel bad if I get rejected.

Good luck!
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

I agree with everyone else... if the guy doesn't like you based on your weight from one time to another, than he's not worth it at ALL
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/178.5/135

Height: 5'3

Do something that makes you feel good about yourself. If it's getting your hair done or exercising every day for a week, do it, and you will gain confidence that way!
Bumbleberry is offline   Reply With Quote