3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Yield To Wide Load :( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/169340-yield-wide-load.html)

Brown Eyed Staccie 04-16-2009 02:57 AM

Yield To Wide Load :(

4 Attachment(s)
I had NO idea how big I have gotten until I took these pictures tonight. I am devasted. However - it is the final push to get me off my arse and into action.

My mini goal is to be in my target outfit for May 9th (my birthday). I bought it and it's definitely tight but it's GOING to fit. Everytime I want to snack, skip the gym I am going to look at these pictures (I have them downloaded to my blackberry too). No food, extra sleeping in and/or sitting on the couch is worth looking and feeling like I do.

sunflowergirl68 04-16-2009 03:03 AM

Good for you! this is definitely the first step. I need to get my butt in gear too.

Brown Eyed Staccie 04-16-2009 03:19 AM

Thanks! It seems hard to believe that I have gotten like this after losing so much a few years ago, I SWORE I would never get like this again. And I guess when you wear a good pair of SPANX and think you are covering it with clothes it maybe doesn't seem as bad. I don't even think I can sleep tonight! However, all I can do is work on it and be dedicated....but I am so embarrassed that I let myself get like this :( GRRRR. Pictures are harsh reality!

Betony 04-16-2009 06:47 AM

I like the outfit, very nice choice. :)

ICUwishing 04-16-2009 08:54 AM

Staccie, what a great idea! I've had my unflattering pictures on my refrigerator, but it never occurred to me to put them on my phone and keep them close! You're gonna be looking great in that outfit on your birthday!

chickiegirl 04-16-2009 08:59 AM

I know what you mean about not realizing it. It isn't until I'm walking beside someone else and see myself in a store window that I usually can't believe that's me. That usually hits me harder than the pictures just because of the instant comparison.

I wonder why when many of us are on the slimmer side we notice every little bloat and gain but when we're heavier it can be difficult to really see how big we've gotten.

Thighs Be Gone 04-16-2009 09:02 AM

Staccie,

Can I be the first to tell you how beautiful you are. Your skin, your eyes, your hair--wow! You are so blessed with such nice features.

Let me tell you too that a picture of myself last June was what pushed me OVER THE EDGE. It was a day I thought I looked really good. But the photos didn't lie. I was obese. I looked pasty. I looked tired and even old.

You can do this. We are all here for you at 3FC and you feel free to PM me anytime. Put this to the TIP TOP of your priority list. Let nothing/noone come between you and your exercise, sleep and nutrition.

I am glad you are here. Welcome.

harrismm 04-16-2009 09:05 AM

I also have been shocked into reality by a photograph.I also think you are a stunning girl and the outfit is adorable.

iamacrayon 04-16-2009 12:30 PM

First off I want to say I love the outfit!

I always find that putting a ticker or pictures somewhere I know I will see it (I put mine on my iPhone like you!) it's a constant reminder and it really helps me get moving with my weight loss, so I think you're definitely on the right track!

Let us know how it goes! :)

JulieJ08 04-16-2009 12:53 PM

I love the outfit too! Very cute top, and I have a thing for gray trousers :)

Brown Eyed Staccie 04-16-2009 01:26 PM

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am feeling very determined today! I woke up pretty tired from my self loathing but I am going to have a good day :)

Brown Eyed Staccie 04-17-2009 08:15 PM

Well I'm on day two of being determined and I am feeling so awesome in comparison to last week when I felt bloated, guilty and digusting. It's so amazing (and I forgot how this feels) to make better choices for your body. I already have more self confidence, less grouchy and more appreciative of things like the beauty of the view of the mountains from my office window right now :)

This site is helping alot, I log in a few times a day - get ideas, share thoughts and experiences and it helps so much. I wish I would have found this so long ago!

I can't wait to get into my birthday outfit! It looks at me from my closet door and it makes me more determined than ever!! I have an invitation to a wedding now in June and that will be my second goal. Will be shopping for that outfit soon!!

Buttercup 04-17-2009 10:31 PM

When I finally decided to lose the weight this time I also took pictures like yours. Needless to say...I was shocked! I knew I was fat but was thinking it wasn't that bad. It helps me 100% to have and keep that visual with me. I know it sucks to look at it but the after shots will be amazing! We will do this!!

Brown Eyed Staccie 04-18-2009 01:00 AM

Hey Buttercup - I hear ya!!! It is the best motivation out there - even though I feel really crappy after I look at them, they are only going to get better. I have some mini goals where I am going to take the pictures again in the same 'outfit' if you want to call it that lol. May 9th (my birthday), June 11th (day before my friends wedding), July 18th (the day I go home for a visit). Those pictures plus my 'target' outfits will really push me hard. Let's keep in touch and keep each other motivated!!!

teawithsunshine 04-18-2009 03:15 AM

That is a FAB idea! I haven't done that yet, but it's a terrific motivator!!

~ tea