3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Food list. Suggestions please (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/168999-food-list-suggestions-please.html)

Breannaj1215 04-11-2009 05:47 PM

Food list. Suggestions please

Protein
Flounder, mahi mahi, white fish, salmon on occ.
Chicken
Egg Whites
(I dont eat red meat)

Breakfast
Oatmeal and egg whites
Low sugar, low cal Cereal with low fat milk

Snacks
Celery w. peanut butter or laughing cow cheese
Carrots w l f ranch
Yogurt
Fruit
Almonds
Pumpkin seeds
String cheese
Rice cakes (lightly salted or plain)
Green peppers with laughing cow cheese

Lunch
Salad w protein and veggies
Sandwich w low calorie bread
Tuna w fiber and low cal wrap

Carbs
Sweet potato/ baked potato
Whole wheat pasta

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS IF ANYTHING ON THIS LIST IS BAD OR SOME OTHER FOODS I CAN EAT. I'M GOING TO GO TO THE GROCERY STORE AND IM PLANNING MY LIST

funniegrrl 04-11-2009 05:55 PM

Well ... what are your goals? Is there a particular plan you're trying to follow? What calorie level are you aiming for, what balance of carb/fat/protein?

All the foods you list are healthy, whole foods, good fats, lean protein, complex carbohydrates, etc. I'd add more vegetables - celery doesn't have a lot going for it in terms of nutrition, and the only others you list specifically are carrots and green peppers. Olive oil or canola oil would be good fats to have on hand as well.

JayEll 04-11-2009 05:55 PM

Don't forget low fat (2%) Cottage Cheese! good source of protein!

What about lowfat yogurt? Part-skim ricotta?

Do you eat shrimp? What about other shellfish (crab, clams)?

Another thought: Edamame. This is just the oriental name for whole soybeans. Sometimes they come in the pod, or already shelled, and ready to eat. I love these! Very good in a salad.

Tofu, tempeh.

Jay

Razorcandy 04-11-2009 06:01 PM

Hello,

Since I changed my eating lifestyle I have been having lots of fun with food.

I have been buying frozen vegs like Brocolli, green beans, carrots, soy beans etc...

Fresh fruits like Oranges, Nectarines and Bananas.

I love making stir fries. I grill chicken breasts on my foreman grill. Then cut them up and add them to mixed vegs in a pan. I use Nectarines sometimes with the vegs to give it a sweet flavor. I bet you could make some good shrimp or fish stir fries too.

There are Soy Vey and Trader Joe teryaki sauces you can add too, that gives lots of flavor.

Desserts are fun too, a banana with soy milk, ice and cocoa powder blends into a really good chocolate shake (I add some Truvia too)

I now eat the 20 calorie Shirtaki noodles too. Since I love pasta.

Oh, also I have found that salsa is REALLY good over grilled chicken and fish.

I could go on forever but at the bottom of the main forums page there is a Recipe and fabulous foods topic. :) Good luck.

Breannaj1215 04-11-2009 06:07 PM

My goal is about 95 pounds. I want to chg my eating habits completely. No fast food. No soda. No high sodium foods. Ill eat breakfast, a snack, lunch, a snack, dinner, a snack. 80 oz of water a day and excersize. I just want some suggestions on snacks and lunch foods (besides meat and veggies, a sandwich or a salad).I know what foods are bad for you like chips, cookies, cakes etc. But is there veggies I should stay away from? or fruits. Ahhh so confused. Pls help. Any suggestions on a brand of yogurt that doesnt have a lot of sugar?

Breannaj1215 04-11-2009 06:08 PM

Calorie level im trying is 1600-1700. Im 255 pounds, 5'6 and im 20. I dont know if thats the correct calorie level But it seemed like a good amt.

Breannaj1215 04-11-2009 06:09 PM

I live cottage cheese. Not a fan of ricotta. But i like crab, shrimp, really all kinds of seafood except mussels and clams.

SweetScrumptious 04-11-2009 06:27 PM

A good yogurt:

Island Farms Proplus Probiotic Yogurt + Prebiotic Fibre.

This yogurt has no added sugar (not even sweetners) which is why I like it; instead sweetened with fruit juice and fruit. The fruit tho is at the bottom so you do have to stir it. Comes in these flavors: Green apple + vanilla, blueberry + vanilla, peach, and strawberry.

WhitePicketFences 04-11-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breannaj1215 (Post 2694415)
My goal is about 95 pounds.

You would be thin at this weight -- if you were 4'11 or 5 feet tall. But you're 5'6, and want to avoid being hooked up to an IV :-) 130 would be a good weight for you. You would still be in a healthy weight range if you weighed more than 130.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breannaj1215 (Post 2694415)
I just want some suggestions on snacks and lunch foods (besides meat and veggies, a sandwich or a salad).I know what foods are bad for you like chips, cookies, cakes etc. But is there veggies I should stay away from? or fruits. Ahhh so confused. Pls help. Any suggestions on a brand of yogurt that doesnt have a lot of sugar?

It might help to jot down items and their corresponding a calories, for reference as you begin.

Some snack/lunch foods I like -- apple, banana, 1/2 tbsp PB with either fruit, WW yogurt with 1 tbsp ground flax seed, plums, blueberries, half-sandwiches, string cheese ...

Some veggies/fruits are higher in cals than others, but I don't think you should stay away from them. Just keep in mind for your 1600. In my daily notebook, I write an avocado as 300 calories (as opposed to the 1 calorie each written for raspberries). But avocados are my favorite food and they are very good for you.

CountingDown 04-11-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitePicketFences (Post 2694464)
You would be thin at this weight --

I think she meant that she wants to lose 95lbs. Not BE 95 lbs. ;)

At least that is what I interpret from her ticker.

Some things I like (I'm a vegetarian).

Nuts (measure these!)
100 cal mini popcorn bags
South Beach Living PROTEIN snack bars
TLC fruit and fiber bars
Fiber One cereal (I love this with yogurt instead of milk)
Tea - all kinds :)
FF feta cheese - a little goes a long way!
Joseph's Pitas (high protein and fiber and only 60 calories)
Thomas' light multigrain English muffins (100 cals and high protein and fiber)
Flatout breads
Soups!!!!
WW pasta with marinara sauce
Beans!!!!!
Brown rice
Morningstar Farms, Boca, and Gardenburgers

For your snacks, try all kinds of veggies with ranch, or Laughing Cow or hummus or salsa. Peppers, snap peas, baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes, etc.

WhitePicketFences 04-11-2009 07:21 PM

Oh! I'm glad I caught that one wrong. :-)

Jacqui_D 04-11-2009 07:41 PM

Among your fruits, I would definitely include blueberries. They are high in anti-oxidants. (Mix them with strawberries, which also contain anti-oxidants, and yum!) Also, walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3, so I would definitely eat those along with your other nuts and seeds. Good list, Breanna!

DCHound 04-11-2009 09:16 PM

I noticed you have a category called "carbs." Just to make sure you are aware, everything on your list except the meat has carbs.