Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-12-2009, 03:55 AM   #16  

Height: 5'6"

I do love my seafood and eat it as often as I can.
You can prepare fish in so many ways, it's just great.
Getting quite expensive, though.
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:49 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

At most, I have fish about once a month. Shrimp are another story- I frequently like to eat shrimp- but I don't get as much fish as I'd like to. I need to learn healthy and delicious ways too cook it.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:01 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layri View Post
I need to learn healthy and delicious ways too cook it.
have a browse around the internet - there are loads of recipe sites for inspiration, and many of them will give the nutritional value of the recipe as well. Try Eatingwell.com for starters
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:11 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 158/143/130

Height: 5 foot nothing!

I eat fish at least 3 times a week for evening meals. Normally I eat fish for lunch everyday - don't know why but LOVE it : )
littlejojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #20  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I eat fish quite often, although I cannot tell you exactly how many times a month - I often buy the frozen salmon fillets (I would prefer to buy fresh but the price of fresh salmon skyrocketed) and I typically make all the fillets (I think there is 5 of them in each package) and sometimes, if there is space, I add another one from another package. So then I would have a salmon fillets for 5 days in a row (it doesn't bother me, I am used to eating repetitively). I actually never had the feeling that I won't be able to look at another fish ever again, but it happened to me with chicken breast. That is why I also eat beef as well as pork, although not as frequently as chicken.

I love seafood and when I go to a Thai restaurant, I always order shrimp. Speaking of which, I have a recipe for curried shrimp in coconut sauce that I have to try tonight or this week.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #21  
me me me

S/C/G: 168/150/120

Height: 5'2"

Well, my boyfriend's Bengali and we live in Louisiana... so fish is a staple for us There's a fish I just recently discovered, called Buffalo fish(??) - we just cook it the Indian way with some spices in a pressure cooker, and mix it up with rice. It is sooo good. Another way that is very famous is to put a mustard paste all over the fish and cook it... but I don't like mustard too much. It's his favorite though, so am trying to acquire the taste

One way I love salmon is to wash a salmon steak and then in a baking dish, mix up olive oil, garlic, paprika, and Lawry's fish seasoning. Then poke holes in the fish with a fork and rub the mix all over both sides of the fish. Cover with rest of mixture and bake the fish and then EAT
I love shrimp as well, and crawfish as long as someone else gets the meat out of them. That just creeps me out. :\

Last edited by s0nali; 04-12-2009 at 10:26 PM.
s0nali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #22  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

I love fish and it has the least amount of calories out of all meats
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #23  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

i love fish but have really been trying to cut back because of course the ones i love the most like salmon and tuna are super mercury-laden. sigh.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #24  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I love fish- if I had my way I'd eat Tilapia everyday but my husband hates fish- totally sucks, and it's so weird if I bring fish to work people complain it stinks- so normally when I go out to eat at a restaurant I always get grilled fish! lol. It's the only time I really get to eat
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:23 PM   #25  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I love seafood in general & would eat it every single day if I could I have lived on the lake (it's salt water) almost my entire life so I was raised on it. We do avoid eating the types of fish that are said to have high levels of mercury in them as much as we can.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #26  

I actually ate fish from the lake growing up alot. Now I rarely eat fish at all. I am also allergic to seafood so I steer clear of it. I am trying to work fish back into my diet but not sure it's going to work. I just don't like it unless it's fried.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #27  

It's been a couple years since I've had fish or any other seafood. I don't like it, actually, no matter how I've cooked it. Seafood has this distinctive... taste that I'm not too fond of. I don't think I dislike anything more than shrimp, though. The distinctive *pop* you get when you bite into a shrimp really freaks me out.

Last edited by AmberShimmer; 04-14-2009 at 08:02 AM.
AmberShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 209/174/155

Well I really like fishing..... does that count!?! I do eat what I catch but I am guessing by breading it and deep frying it it loses the 'healthy' aspect. I eat it once every two weeks or so. Friday night fish fry is huge in WI. Haddock, Walleye, Perch, Bluegill. But of course it has to be breaded and deep fried or I don't think I would eat it.
Phyxius79 is offline   Reply With Quote