Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 336.4/336.4/145

Height: 5'7

Default drat! cheating on accident....

This morning I ran to the grocery store to grab a few things for this upcoming week.....I do low carb, with occasional "up" days. I've been doing so good... I've lost 15 lbs since the 23rd of March. Well this morning, I'm getting my chicken and whatnot and figured I'd treat myself with Diet Orange Soda this week. It's my favorite thing in the world but I normally don't buy diet drinks so I really do consider it a "treat".

So, I've been on plan all day... I sipped on my tall glass of Orange Soda for like two hours......

I go in the kitchen and am putting something away in the fridge and I am TOTALLY SHOCKED when I see that my "Diet" soda is infact NOT DIET AT ALL. My jaw literally dropped.

I'm taking Benadryl for a cold so that could have something to do with me being a little out of it and grabbing the wrong bottle but I was so bummed out. Bah. I begrudgingly added it into my Fitday. If I was on low-calorie plan I could've cut back elsewhere.. but being low carb it was in no way, on plan.

Ah. Lesson learned. Has anyone else ever cheated when you thought you were being good and on-plan?
HardCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #2  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I ordered a green tea latte (soy) from Starbucks and figured it wasn't too bad. But half way through I guess I felt guilty for not knowing the calories. Good thing! It was 270 calories. EEK!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:40 PM   #3  

Yes isn't it weird how conscious you become? When I used to keep track of nothing as far as calories, carbs, etc... who knows how much I was consuming! It adds up SO fast.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #4  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I made a wonderful white bean salad -- completely natural, all whole foods, etc. I was enjoying multiple portions, thinking how good I was being, until I found out how many calories beans have, just in and of themselves!!

Lesson learned... I wasn't counting calories then, now I am and I've learned to *measure* my portions whenever feasible.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #5  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Carbs were hidden in my green tea extract, benadryl (!), oh, they're everywhere once you start looking.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #6  
Rubber Ducky

S/C/G: 341/307/135

Ah, yes the "healthy" things I like from Subway are indeed not healthy at all and I ended up consuming like 1,000 calories in one sitting. AHHH!!!!!
glitterducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/118/118

Height: 5'2

This time of year, I have always loved Cadbury cream eggs, and before I started on my healthy eating, I would eat 2 or 3 at a time. Today I bought one for "old times sake" and looked at the calories... 150 calories! In that tiny little package! I mean, I knew it was a special treat and not "good" for me, but that was double the calories I was expecting.

This is EXACTLY why I get so ticked off when people who are against govenment regulartions on calories being more obvious and restaurants being required to post calories etc argue that people "know" when something they are eating is high in calories. I beg to differ! I need to see that giant number staring me in the face.
jellydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

This happened to me once, when I thought I was being good by eating turkey meatballs on some wheat bread with red sauce as a sandwich. I usually bought a different brand with pretty fair(low) calories, but that wasn't in stock so I got a different one as a substitute.. I didn't think to look at the nutrition info because hey, they were turkey meatballs, how bad could they be? I ate the sandwich, looked at the bag and realized that that particular brand of meatballs was about 500 calories for three puny meatballs. My sandwich had 6.
Lesson learned: always look at the calories
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

I really, really love the maple dip donuts from Tim Horton's, but I'd been getting the whole-grain muffin instead to be "good." Turns out the donut is 220 calories, and the muffin 330!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:57 PM   #10  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellydisney View Post
This time of year, I have always loved Cadbury cream eggs, and before I started on my healthy eating, I would eat 2 or 3 at a time.
I would eat them like crazy, too. I haven't bought any this year because I'm afraid it will start me on a frenzy, but I may try one if I feel strong. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I'd blame the Benadryl for you not knowing it wasn't Diet as soon as you drank it! I'd be frustrated too
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:02 PM   #12  
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellydisney View Post
This time of year, I have always loved Cadbury cream eggs, and before I started on my healthy eating, I would eat 2 or 3 at a time. Today I bought one for "old times sake" and looked at the calories... 150 calories! In that tiny little package! I mean, I knew it was a special treat and not "good" for me, but that was double the calories I was expecting.

!!!! THOSE HAVE 150 CALORIES IN ONE EGG?
Old 04-10-2009, 11:22 PM   #13  

Julie......I was thinking the same thing. Like how did I not notice the taste in difference I have no idea. But I've been so loopy today.

And I'm also a Cadbury egg addict. :/ And the little crunchy eggs with chocolate in the middle. UGH.

For the most part, I avoid my "favorites". It's hard for me to stop and if I don't take the first bite, I'm typically safe.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:17 AM   #14  
Here We Go Again

Cadbury eggs are the only Easter candy I really enjoy. I'm not a huge chocolate person. Looks like no candy for me this Easter!
Old 04-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

At my last WW meeting the leader talked about Easter candy and how much you can eat! LOL! She had empty packages of all the favorite Easter candies and everyone had to guess how many calories, one serving size and how many points each candy was.

In the WW Momentum diet you can eat a small portion of Easter candy it's no big deal. There might be more filling foods out there to eat but no need to deprive yourself of a yummy Cadbury egg.

I was happy to learn that MY personal favorite the Marshmellow Peeps, that five of them is one serving and I can work it into my plan!

I LOVE those Peeps!

The temptation for me will be will be the next few days after Easter when I go in the drugstore and the candy is all on sale for super cheap! LOL! Who can resist a bag of jelly beans for 25 cents!!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote