3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   A small victory (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/168317-small-victory.html)

beforeim35 04-02-2009 07:20 AM

A small victory

Last night at work, as I am walking back from the bathroom, I happen to notice the vending machines. Not hard to do since there are about ten of them in a row. The thing is that two weeks ago, I would have stood in front of them, after having to dig through my purse to find enough change, and picked something out.

For the first time, since I started over in my attempts, I glanced over and realized that I had control over whether I grabbed something or not. I walked past it with only that glance. I felt so proud of myself!!!!

I know there will be a time when I do grab something but I also know that the next time it will be a healthier choice. I have lost 8 pounds in the last two weeks and I can already feel the difference. I no longer feel like my skin is being pushed out or my chin(s) is growing every second. No one else may notice for another 20 pounds, but I certainly do.

Victoria 04-02-2009 07:51 AM

This is not a small victory!
8 pounds are big victory!
I wish you all the best and i keep going!

Heather 04-02-2009 07:56 AM

:congrat: That's a terrific victory! :congrat:

Victoria 04-02-2009 07:59 AM

Heather you make impossible think. Please tell me how you make that 121 pounds? Is great my admiration !

Devsmama 04-02-2009 08:32 AM

Ha!! Luvs it beforeim35!! It's almost like a chess match and you just made the best move. Beat that vending machine!

Jacqui_D 04-02-2009 08:47 AM

That may seem like a small victory, but actually that is a huge step! Vending machines can be a trigger. Like you said, it's habit to stop and start digging out change! So good for you!! And 8 lbs in two weeks? Wow! That's great! That may slow down, so be ready for it and don't let it discourage you, because 1-2 lbs a week is much more typical and still a great accomplishment. Just remember, slow and steady wins the race! Great job on passing on the vending machines, and good luck!

time2lose 04-02-2009 08:52 AM

Congratulations! I think that is a huge victory. I picture vending machines as huge monsters that threaten my healthy way of life. Good for you for overcoming the monsters!

Caleighsmommy 04-02-2009 10:15 AM

Thats great!! Those vending machines are soo tempting.

Tara415 04-02-2009 10:16 AM

First of all, congrats on the loss! Like previous posters have said, I wouldn't consider this to be a small victory because it is actually a really big step to take towards a healthier lifestyle!

DCHound 04-02-2009 11:14 AM

Vending machines are evil. You done good.

newleaf123 04-02-2009 12:40 PM

Way to go!! That's awesome... It's all about changing habits!