I don't like myself to much right now!

• I am angry, I have fallen off once again and this time it was pretty bad. I guess I am mad that I can't stick to my plan.

I live a very busy high stress life, and I need to find comfort in something other than food. I feel disgusting, I've added inches...grrrr. I am beyond unmotivated. I don't know what to do. The only thing that I know to not accept is that this journey is impossible, even if I have had a rediculously slow start. Even though I feel like quitting, and falling deep into a hole somewhere.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day...
  • Tavinni - Been there, done that (not done yet! Been stalled for 6 months)...yet, your quote below your sig says quite a bit - that can be a great source of comfort. And also, maybe tweaking your plan to make it easier to stick with it? I know what you mean - when food has been a source of comfort for so many years, it is difficult to find something to replace it. I struggle with the same issues, so, what I can offer you is and the knowledge and perhaps a bit of comfort in that you are not alone - visit here and often!
  • Hey, I'm glad you stopped by here. I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. Lots of us get stopped and reverse a little during the journey to get healthy. It's really okay, the imporantant thing is that you've realized you're off plan and are ready to get back on plan. If you want some help tweaking your plan, you can list what plan you're following and where you're having trouble and I'm sure we can try and offer suggestions on how to make this easier for you.
  • I find that honestly what helps me the most is to be kind to myself. That means that I am no longer allowed to beat myself up when I go off plan; instead, I try to learn from the experience and to know that I will make a better choice next time. Try not to be too hard on yourself; when I really get down on myself, is when I choose to give up and fail. Instead, I tell myself, "You could have made better choices today, so now it's time to let it go and move forward." Otherwise, I just get into a spiral of negativity and fall right back into my old habits.

I'm slowly learning that even though I might *think* I want that second serving of ice cream or I might really WANT that donut that's on the break room table, I will not feel good about it after I eat it so it's better to just not. It's tough, I know--old habits die hard. So sometimes I do fail, but what matters is that I don't let that momentary lapse become more than a momentary lapse. I didn't get fat from eating one donut, but if I keep on doing it I sure will!

Hang in there. Learn from the experience. As Judipurple suggests, maybe this means you need to tweak your plan so that it eventually becomes something that's not too difficult to stick with.

You can do this! You are correct when you say this journey is NOT impossible! One last thing that helps me is to go read in the Maintainers forum. It also helps to look at the "Before and After" pics, to realize that people who had an even higher mountain to climb than I did, managed to make it so maybe I can, too!