I made a healthy choice

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • I love these types of questions...

You made the choice to live a healthy lifestyle. We all know that losing weight hasn't been/isn't/isn't going/still isn't easy. (Did I get them all?? )
    But you're making healthier choices each day. And I'm proud of you.

Add your healthy choice to this sentence:

I made a healthy choice today, and I'm so proud. The healthy choice I made today was....

I had a salad for lunch. A healthy one loaded with dark green lettuce, veggies and a little dressing. I chose a salad over a sandwich for lunch today. YAY!
  • I made a healthy choice today, and I'm so proud. The healthy choice I made today was to make a vegetarian curry from scratch, when I could have just eaten a fruit bar and some chips.
  • I made a healthy choice today, and I'm so proud. The healthy choice I made today was to join a friend for lunch at Cheesecake Factory and order a Weight Management salad (<580 calories) and eat only half.

(I had already had a bag of baby carrots, a sm kiwi and two Wasa crackers.)
  • Great thread!

I made a healthy choice today, and I'm so proud. The healthy choice I made today was to exercise in the morning (and push myself) instead of putting it off until the day ended with me not exercising. Procrastination is not my friend.

rachinma - I'm in AWE of you making such a great decision at the Cheesecake Factory. WTG!!
  • This may not be the healthiest choice, but it is a step for me. My husband and I went to the bookstore. Instead of having a cupcake or brownie, I had a rice crispy treat and unsweetened green tea. It saved me around 200 calories! It was very satisfying, too. We also did a really hilly 1 mile hike at the park afterwards.
  • I had a Turkey & Broccoli melt & bottled water for lunch - 1/2 of a WW pita, roasted shaved turkey, fresh broccoli, half a slice of mozzarella cheese, left off the calorie-rich 1000 island dressing and got fresh salsa instead. What I really wanted was the ginourmous BLT with a whole lotta bacon and some greasy chips with sweet iced tea...
  • Wendy - that is absolutely a healthy choice!
  • I made a healthy choice today, and I'm so proud. The healthy choice I made today was to do an almost three-hour workout. (In stages of course, but it got done.) I FEEL AMAZING!!!!
  • I made a healthy choice today, and I'm so proud. The healthy choice I made today was that there was a ton of free food available at the office, and I bypassed the brownies and donuts and had a half a tuna sandwich and a big plate of fruit.
  • Good job.
    These are ALL GREAT choices. Good job you guys.
  • I made a healthy choice today, and I'm so proud. The healthy choice I made today was bringing a 1/2 oz of almonds and a cup of veggies knowing that I would be staying later at the office and needed to have an extra couple snacks to get me by until dinner.
  • I made a healthy choice today, and I'm so proud. The healthy choice I made today was....

I had a MAJOR chocolate craving and satisfied it with s/f pudding.
  • I saw this thread while I was at work today and wanted to post BUT I waited until after work so I could post that: I actually went on a RUN today instead of a run/walk, and we beat all of the other neighbor dogs around the track.

Thanks for the motivation just so that I could post.
  • I made 2 helathy choices and the first one was a doozy....

MY dear, sweet husband has never been to the doctor in the 11 years we have been together. He has been having some flu-like symptoms that will not go away for over 3 months now.

He insisted it had to be allergies and I agreed. HOwever, he also began feeling really run-down.

I made the healthy choice to make him a doctor appointment, pick him up after work, drive him there and go into the appointment with him.

Boy am I glad I ever did! He has abnormally high blood pressure 150/103.

The doctor put him on BP medicine and wants him back in a month. I will again make a healthy choice to make sure he actually goes!

The other choice was making a heart-helathy dinner of turkey-feta burgers on 100 calories rolls. as a side dish, I made a huge ehlping of cut up zuchinni, baby carrots, onions and a few small potatoes. tossed with some fresh spices and popped in the oven. YUM :-)
  • Quote: I had a Turkey & Broccoli melt & bottled water for lunch - 1/2 of a WW pita, roasted shaved turkey, fresh broccoli, half a slice of mozzarella cheese, left off the calorie-rich 1000 island dressing and got fresh salsa instead.
    That sounds AWESOME.

My healthy choice today was to eat the turkey meatloaf and green beans I brought to work for dinner instead of stopping at McDonald's on my way to teach my evening class, which is what I kind of wanted to do.