I Finally Did It! Ha!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Went to my WW meeting tonight and I am now OFFICIALLY under 300 and in the 200's! 299 to be exact. I know I am still huge but it just feels so good to watch that scale go DOWN DOWN DOWN! .... even if it is now a slow crawl.

Part of me is PO'd though because I only lost 1 pound this week! But I'll take it, losing is losing and it a heck of a lot better than GAINING!

At this point I need to step it up a notch. I run on the elliptical for an hour a day 7 days a weeks now (except when I have to travel then I will walk) it it has become routine for me.

I started weight training a while back but haven't stuck to a schedule yet and I need to start.

Thats my next goal to weight train 3 day a week.

Also I need to figure out a better way to bring my food with me when I travel.

Like this weekend I brought roasted chicken and grilled catfish along with veggies and lot's of fruit only to discover that my hotel room didn't come with a microwave (our manager is cheap what can I say! LOL) so I had to eat the stuff cold which wasn't too bad but the fish would have tasted better warmed up a little though.

I wish they made a small travel microwave that comes in a padded carrying case! LOL!

But anyways I know 299 is still huge but I am down 46 pounds in 3 months. And while I am still wearing the same clothes I feel a LOT lighter on my feet and haven't had ONE backache in months when I used to get them if I stood for longer than 45 minutes without leaning on something!

My next goal... 250lbs!!!!
  • Congrats! That's a huge success. Keep up the great work.
  • Congratulations! Both on hitting the 200s and on your Great weightloss total!
  • I knew exactly what was coming when I read the title of the thread and saw that it was you that posted it. AWESOME! Just awesome. You are no longer a 300 something pound person. That's right, you are no longer a 300 something pound person. GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!! Your hard work is truly paying off.

As far as traveling with food, many hotels can provide you with microwaves and fridges if you ask for them, even if it's not automatically in your room. Sounds like you made the best of the situation though.

And I think kicking up your strength training will be a big boon for you.

Anyway, keep up the good job. Just keep on going. Those 290's will be history for you soon enough provided that you do. Then it's the 280's that will be gone, and the 270's and the, and the, and the...... Yeah, you get it ...

• 46 pounds in 3 months is AWESOME! Congratulations!!!
  • Flatiron!

Good work! Keep on going!

Jay
  • Great job Flatiron! You're doing so well.
  • Way to go! Goodbye 300's forever! Keep up the good work!
  • Congratulations - you must feel great!! Your total loss to date is quite an accomplishment!
  • Congratulations!! You are doing an amazing job!
  • Well done, flatiron!
  • Way to go Flatiron! Good Bye 300s, never to be seen again! You are doing so awesome. Keep up the good work!
  • Congrats!!
  • Great job! A travel microwave, sounded like a good idea so I it was a good chance someone had made one. I found the Iwave Cube . It does not have a padded case but does have a handle!
  • You rock!!!