3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   need help setting a goal (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/165866-need-help-setting-goal.html)

Oh 2 be me 03-02-2009 05:21 PM

need help setting a goal

I have never been a 'goal setter' of any kind. I just take what ever comes. But I do need to start setting small goals for myself. I think that if I did nad I reach that goal, then I would be encouraged by that to not give up.

I'm doing South Beach. I'm at 193.5. I want to get to 150.
I don't want to do a 10% goal-that's almost 20 lbs and it's taken me 2 months to lose almost 7 lbs. That will take forever. I want something I can reasonably obtain.

Maybe 5 lbs?

What was your first goal and how did you achieve it?

butterflywings34 03-02-2009 05:29 PM

My first goal was 5 pounds and I did that. Now Im stuck again.. :(
I have upped my exercise and I hope that helps me. I dont eat bad but it seems hard for me to get weight off. I think you should start with a small goal like 5 pounds. If you set it to high then you dont get there when you want you tend to give up.
I know you can do 5 pounds!!! :carrot:
Good luck and keep up the good work!!

cdawnfine 03-02-2009 05:41 PM

Weight Watchers just changed from 10% to 5 % so I say go for 5% and there is no time limit to achieve that goal. What I used to do is rather than set a goal I set a reward something to really make me look forward too. A manicure, a facial, a cleaning lady to come to the house you know the real important stuff if made me try just ever so harder. Good Luck

Newshinyme 03-02-2009 06:38 PM

I broke my official goals down into 10 lb. chunks. To help with motivation, I also have plotted what my reward for reaching each of those goals are, no time limit.
I have those in a little chart posted on my wall to fill in as I achieve them.
I also have my unofficial goals, which have actually proven a bit more motivating. I started at 202, getting into the 190's wasn't too hard, but from then, another motivation has been to get into the 180's and now into the 170's, and so on.
Another unofficial goal is to be able to buy smaller clothing sizes. My sight is now set on size 12 (who knows when I will get there).

Basically, you can pick whatever it is that matters to you (clothing, being able to do an activity, 5 lbs. at a time, etc). I find that having it written down somewhere where I can look at it helps a lot too.
(As I said, one is on the wall, but on the fridge I have a board with the goal of wanting to get to the 170's).
Good luck!

Oh 2 be me 03-02-2009 07:44 PM

Thanks.
I think I will start with 5 lbs and go from there.

That will take me down to the next size.

flatiron 03-02-2009 07:57 PM

my mini goals are... 5% lost (done), 10% lost (done) and my next goal is gonna be 50lbs lost

healthierme78 03-03-2009 01:04 PM

Mini Goals

I have bigger goals and mini goals. I do similar goals to Newshinyme but I also do mini goals like - this week, I will try to drink at least 60 oz of water every single day, next week I will focus on adding the eliptical to my work out starting with 10 minutes, etc.

My next bigger goal is to be under 200 - I'm getting close! Then, I'll start with the 190's, 180s and so on until I can fit into my skinny jeans that I once wore :) :carrot: