3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/165717-frustrated.html)

Onederchic 03-01-2009 10:04 AM

Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooooooooooo friggin frustrated and upset today.

I have been working sooo hard with this whole damn diet thing. I count calories, I watch what I eat, I exercise. In my opinion, I am doing everything I possibly can but today I get on the scales to find that this week I have friggin gained 5 pounds...wtf?! So I have went from 231 to 236 in a matter of days. To my body, metabolism and the scales - I hate you all. Please burn in ****.

Thanks
Michelle

jajabee 03-01-2009 10:23 AM

Hey Chic! Holy frazola, you've lost almost 100 pounds!! That's amazing!!

If you've gained 5lbs in a week without lots of binging, then it's almost certainly water retention, not actual fat. Did you eat a lot of sodium, or drink less water than usual, or exercise more, or hit your time of the month? Any of these things can seriously cause you to retain 5+ pounds of water, which will pass right through you once you start drinking more water (or reach the end of TOM).

Or maybe it's time for a new scale! :D

Onederchic 03-01-2009 10:33 AM

Thank you.

Monday I had went shopping for the first time since losing any weight. I got to buy clothes 10 sizes smaller. I let that get me euphoric, I suppose, and I was eating things that I normally wouldn't...like fries, velveeta cheese, chips :|. I have still been exercising but I am just really frustrated and mad at myself right now :|

bindersbee 03-01-2009 10:43 AM

Hopefully, it was just a glitch on the scale. I've had that happen before and let it totally derail my efforts. Keep at it and you'll probably see an even bigger drop next week. Congrats on the nearly 100 lbs. THAT is an incredible accomplishment!

I had the same hiccup (if it makes you feel any better). I FINALLY broke through Onederland after 7 years- and now I'm stumbling. I went to the mall last weekend with my sister and I was able to put on and zip regular size 16 jeans! Jeans that DIDN'T come from the women's dept! They were too tight to wear in public but just 5-7 more pounds and I don't have to shop women's sizes at all! A big success is right at my fingertips and NOW I'm struggling? My morning weight today was back over 200 (just barely) but enough for me to be kicking myself. I can't go backwards. I just can't!

You can move forward. Don't let this stop you or slow you down. Expect to see that number decrease again next week. I also eased up a little on my vigilance with food once I hit Onederland. Clearly I need to change that or my visit will be shortlived! We can both keep doing this. We don't have to 'feel like it' we just have to do it- right?

JayEll 03-01-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

I let that get me euphoric, I suppose, and I was eating things that I normally wouldn't...like fries, velveeta cheese, chips :|. I have still been exercising but I am just really frustrated and mad at myself right now :|
Well, there's your answer. :( Most of those things are really salty, though, so I would guess what you're seeing is mostly water weight. Just keep drinking your water, 8 to 10 8-oz. glasses a day, and you should drop again. :)

Jay

Onederchic 03-01-2009 10:53 AM

bindersbee - Thank you so very much. It is good to know I am not alone and yes, we can and will do this!!

JayEll - Thank you as well. I know what I was doing was bad but it was still a slap in the face this morning when I weighed. I am gonna be drowning myself in water the next few days, lol.

corazonas 03-01-2009 11:07 AM

oh my god, this very morning i could slap my name on your post and call it my own. no hard earned euphoria french fries for me though! on WI day tuesday i was 131.6 and have been eating SUPER op and exercising every day, sometimes for about an hour which is 40 mins longer than usual. i drink about 12 glasses of water a day and the scale just keeps creeping up!! this morning i was 134.2 :( it makes me want to CRY. i can honestly say i have had no slip ups. at all. 1300-1350 cals a day. every day. good hard exercise. every day.

i wish i knew what was the matter with us but i don't. i can offer you a big hug though and a hand in demolishing our scales. yes? :hug:

jajabee 03-01-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chunkychic (Post 2634072)
I am gonna be drowning myself in water the next few days, lol.

Hehe, same here! I just got back from a week in NYC where I maintained (went to my WW meeting in the city, fun!), but I know I would have lost a pound or two if I hadn't eaten a bunch of salty stuff all week and stopped drinking lots of water... so now that I'm home I've got a pint glass of water at hand at all times! :D Gonna flush this stuff out, by golly. :)

Onederchic 03-01-2009 11:14 AM

corazonas - Thank you for the hug and yes, definitely a hand in the demolishing! :hug:

Onederchic 03-01-2009 11:15 AM

jajabee - Hehe, thanks!! I am gonna do the same :D :hug:

thistoo 03-01-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jajabee (Post 2634112)
(went to my WW meeting in the city, fun!)

How cool! I have never participated in WW, but I think that is awesome :)

Chunkychic, I feel your pain. On the rare occasions I allow myself pizza for dinner, I am up at least two or three pounds the next morning. Carbs, man. They get me every time. It always takes a few days for the water weight to come back off, too.

But you've made amazing progress, and those five pounds will be gone in no time at all. Congratulations on the 10 sizes down! I recently bought a size 14 from the regular section for the first time since college, and it was a fantastic feeling.

thistoo 03-01-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corazonas (Post 2634104)
good hard exercise. every day.

Just a guess, but I'd blame it on the extra exercise. It will come off eventually, but when you up your exercise that much you often see a gain temporarily. Muscles holding onto water while they repair themselves, etc. It's so hard to be patient (I know that all too well) but I bet soon you will see a big drop.

Onederchic 03-01-2009 01:04 PM

thistoo - Thank you very much and congrats on the size 14, wooo!! Feels great, doesn't it? :D

Lori Bell 03-01-2009 02:26 PM

If I may make a suggestion...instead of drowning yourself in water to "flush" away the water retention, just squeeze plenty of lemon into normal amounts of water and tea. Also eat more naturally diuretic foods such as cucumbers (not just good for puffy eyes!). Works so much faster and without the downing (and the need to eliminate) massive amounts of extra H2O.

Onederchic 03-02-2009 12:19 AM

Lori Bell - Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a shot :)

DisgruntledOne - It's very frustrating, I know! But I also know, we can do it :D :hug: