3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Renewing My Commitment For March! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/165702-renewing-my-commitment-march.html)

Sunrose 03-01-2009 01:01 AM

Renewing My Commitment For March!

It's the beginning of a brand new month and I am officially renewing my commitment to my new healthy habits and healthy lifestyle. I've been struggling for the past week. I haven't done horribly, but I could have done a lot better.

I've slacked off on my exercise for four days straight. I have eaten out four times when I could have easily chosen to cook a healthier meal at home at least two of those times. Let's just say that I feel bad enough that I just couldn't bring myself to get on the scale this morning.

I have made so much progress and I refuse to go backward and slide into my old habits. I have to keep my goals in the forefront of my mind at all times! It's easy to forget if I don't make it a conscious decision to remember where I came from and remember where I am going!

I don't need to be perfect, but I need to be vigilant and remember why I am doing this! Is there anyone else who is feeling this way right now - like you need to wake yourself up and REMEMBER?

gymlee 03-01-2009 02:00 AM

Believe me, I totally get it. I have had a very strange month actually. While I did fairly good with exercise my eating has been less than optimal. I've pretty much maintained this whole month with slight flucuations but I definitely need to reboot my brain and pull it back together. I've also decided to get back to working out tomorrow and going back to eating the calories that I should and planning out my meals. I think I've always remember why I was still doing this but I think I had problems with subconscious sabotage, and emotional triggers- I'm an emotional overeater when there are things going on that I can't control and I get upset about and I tend to eat because that's the only mechanism I have to deal with it. It's my last emotional food issue to conquer really. Also at some points I was just not caring what the **** I was putting in my mouth. I do know however just how that was making me feel physically and emotionally and those affects just weren't worth it so now I'm going to make a point to really focus on what makes me feel good and what I can do to promote those good feelings. It's hard but it can be done and we're here for you if you need some support! :hug:

fatmad 03-02-2009 04:39 PM

OH YES! THis is the way to do it! We will continually have periods where we don't/can't stay on plan for a bit, and getting back to it, without dragging a load of guilt is the way to go. You are renewing, not starting all over, so good for you. YOu will do great.

AngelMae 03-02-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gymlee (Post 2633824)
Believe me, I totally get it. I have had a very strange month actually. While I did fairly good with exercise my eating has been less than optimal. I've pretty much maintained this whole month with slight flucuations but I definitely need to reboot my brain and pull it back together.:hug:

I had the same kind of month!! So I am with you!! March is going to be our month!! :D

gymlee 03-02-2009 10:51 PM

Well so far it's not really being my month. I'm doing great exercise wise again but I can't seem to keep my calories around 1600. I keep going over by eating too much. I don't know if it's because I'm working out and my body wants more food but I know there are plenty of other people out there that are working out and can keep to the same calorie level or less. I don't know why I can't do it. I seem to be having a lot of crap going on in my head. :(