Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 01:30 PM   #16  
Quit counting at 45!

Hello! I have a moment to myself so I thought I would connect with you. I did really well with my WOE yesterday as well as getting in a 1 mile walk in the evening. I am focused on doing this now and hopefully it'll last!!

Zoe: The Mall of America is HUGE. It's four stories high and I got a good workout going around each level. It seems to go on forever. It's so big that some chains have 2 or more stores in it. The prices weren't bad compared to other malls either. But, with the Canadian dollar being so pathetic I didn't find any really good deals for myself. I did pick up some exercise videos that I can't seem to find here so I felt good about that.

Doitforme: I'm glad your mom is doing better. I love camping. We sold our camper last year because DH's job doesn't let us do much camping anymore. We hope to get out for a couple of nights this summer.

Hi to Sami, Gary and Gutchie and to anyone else that's out there that's lurking. Join us!!
Old 05-29-2002, 07:49 PM   #17  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry WEDNESDAY NIGHT IN CALIFORNIA

Hi Everyone-
I had a nice post yesterday but it didn't make it, not sure what happened. I told you all about my home made lasagna and everything!! Oh well! WILMA- glad to hear about your dedication to the walking!! and that you had a great mini-vacation. My kids have been to the Mall of America with their mom-- they love it too. SAMI-- Hey girl, nothing wrong with a little extra t.v. and rest-- we all need time to just vege out! without feeling guilty! SUE- my wife loves camping-- she takes our daughters every year to an island off our coast ( Catalina ) my son and I stay home!! She goes with her brother and at times have gone with my brother locally. My son and I just go to a game somewhere!! PATTI, er ZOE-- I look forward to the week-ends just like you-- they usually seem to be too busy also!! JOANNE- you and dh and his aunt are still in my prayers.
Well ladies gonna go to the book store with my son-- Later, In Christ- Gary
Old 05-30-2002, 07:49 AM   #18  

Angry Hi there!

I really do enjoy camping but not roughing it. I own a winnabago, so I have all of the comforts of home. The most important ones anyway. Running water, shower, toilet, microwave, stove, even an oven. It even has a t.v. although I rarely watch it camping. I really enjoy the fire at night and the relaxation.This past weekend the pastor and his family camped with us, of course he wasn't there much on Sunday as He had Sunday school, church, and evening service, but it was lots of fun.
E-Z maybe you were to busy working ZZZzzzz in your recliner, and time slipped away, but glad to hear from ya. Joanne your family is still in my prayers it is so hard to not only deal with a loss of someone we love, but also with all their accumulated stuff from many years. It is alot of work. Wilma the mall sounds like such fun, as well as great exercise to window shop in, Zoe Glad to know your first name is patti. As long as all those critters stay outside I do fine. Hi sami pray all is well with you too.
I hope you all have a great day. I am taking my mom for a wash set and a trim, that will help her feel betterand I got prayer meeting tonight. Busy, Busy, Busy. Love to all.
Old 05-31-2002, 08:31 AM   #19  

Hello,
I have to post quick It is the last day of school YEAH!!!!!!!!! I say that now but in a week I be tired of the mess. I went on an interview wensday and it went well. I have a second one on Monday. I know it is between me and someone I have worked with before who is really good. I have been so busy this week that I haven't even thought about food. Sorry no time to address everyone but I am lifting you in prayer.

Have an OP day!
Sami
Old 05-31-2002, 06:47 PM   #20  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default FRIDAY!!! YEAH!!!

Good Afternoon my Friends ~ Another weekend is here and I am going to be busy. I have so much planned, so much I want to do, so much to get done. I sure hope I stick to the 'plan'. Let's see......I want to sit down and plan my meals for this coming week, more healthy rather than "weight losing" if that makes any sense. I want to finish buying and planting more flowers and I want to get a few things straightened out in the house.....laundry, clean a few closets, etc. So yep, I have BIG plans that I hope I stick to.

Sami ~ God bless and His love with you as you wait to hear about this job. And also, good luck with the kids out of school.

Sue ~ Ah, ok, so you are in a Winnabago, not a tent.....ok, I feel better. Ha!

Gary ~ I have learned a trick so I don't ever lose my posts, long or short.....I type it out, long as I want, then highlight and 'copy' it. This way, if for some reason, it doesn't post, I can just start over and just "paste" the original post. Try it....I've been burned so many times that I just HAD to figure out a way around that.

Wilma ~ thanks for the tips and hints on The Mall of the America's. I am going to plan a trip up there this year.

Hi to everyone else. Friday night, time to go out. It's our night "out to eat" so I hope I'll be good. I really think I will. I'll check back with y'all tomorrow.

God bless you all.
Patti and Zoe
Old 05-31-2002, 07:05 PM   #21  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry TGIF

Just a quick good-bye ladies for the week-end. I have a pizza party/ bible study follow-up in a couple of hours and I have to pack- as we are leaving tonight for another all-star softball tourney. Should be back late Sunday afternoon. ZOE- thanks for the posting info-- I will get my dear wife to EXPLAIN and SHOW me how to do it. ALL of you are in my prayers-- Have a great week-end-- IN HIS LOVE-Gary
Old 06-02-2002, 09:34 AM   #22  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Sunday Morning! I have a few minutes to myself. I like to get up early sunday morning and enjoy my coffee. We head to church in about an hour.

Today is a full day for us. We have a grad planning luncheon after church and then a barbeque to go to in the evening.

I weighed in this morning aaannnndddd I lost 4 lbs. I am so excited that the hard work has paid off. Now I'm really ready to keep going. I stocked up on veggies. I've been following the American Diabetic Association portion guidelines and it's a really healthy way to eat. I realized that my veggies were way down and my carbs were way up. Adjustments in that area certainly need to be made.

Have a super day!!
Old 06-03-2002, 08:52 AM   #23  
Growing in Christ

Zoe, Zoe, Zoe.... forgive me for missing your birthday!!! I sure hope you had a terrific one!!!

I've been on the busy side, still... nothing major, just life in general! Getting our new curriculum stuff for next year... yada yada yada

Good news is, I have continued to lose... not an astounding rate, but it's going, and that's the main thing!!!

I hope you all have been well.

Patricia

173/147+/138/105ish
Old 06-03-2002, 06:38 PM   #24  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Monday!

Hello all ~ Happy, Happy Monday

The week has officially started and Monday is over. I think 'dieting' with Greg is going to make it a lot easier. We'll look to each other before binging and I sure don't want to be the one to do it first.

Patricia ~ Not to worry my friend.....Thanks for the birthday wish. I had a good day but at my age (40-something), it's just another day.

Wilma ~ Praise God for your loss of 4 pounds!! Good goin' girl. Keep up the good work.

Gary ~ how was that great weekend?

Hi everyone else. Have a wonderfully blessed evening.

Patti and Zoe
Old 06-03-2002, 06:55 PM   #25  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a quick hello to see how everyone is doing. Life here has been super busy- (should come to a slow down soon, by the end of the weekend I hope!).
I have had some nasty computer problems, that I am still trying to resolve. Hope to get on later for some more "quality" time.
I miss you all!
Ginny
Old 06-03-2002, 09:18 PM   #26  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Wink Monday Night

Hi Ladies
Got back last night at 9:30 from the softball week-end. Was gone from Friday night ( after my bible study meeting ) until then--LOOOONG week-end. The girls did well though 4 wins 2 losses and 1 tie, it was enough to win the tournament. That is 2 weeks in a row. I missed my LAKERS win on Fri and Sun on t.v. but was able to listen on the radio at least. The hotel room was nice, although we didn't stay in it much due to the games. That is the last tournament that isn't within daily driving distance until Nationals which is in Sante Fe, N.M. if they go that far this year. Last year they won, in Spokane but this team isn't quite as strong. Well you LOOOSERS I gotta get ready for dinner, my wife is making chicken asada fajitas and I don't want to miss it!!!
IN HIS PRECIOUS ARMS- Gary
Old 06-03-2002, 10:36 PM   #27  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Gary- this sure sounds like an ASA softball tournament, is it? Which league- Pony? Fast?(I forget the name of the other! opps)
Congrats on winning the tournament- I know only to well what a Herculean effort it is to win one of those. All the games sort of slump into each other and you feel sort of in a time warp. Life outside the tournament seems to cease...... Glad that your team did so well- and for not being as strong as lasy year too!
My Dd is facing a struggle this week- she has a sectional game tomorrow nite, and Lord willing that they win- States this weekend. She too is playing with a team that is not as good as last years (3 key players graduated) and I just pray that she can hold it all together tomorrow nite.
Ok, so I have babbled on about softball............Gary started it!!!
Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 06-04-2002, 01:29 PM   #28  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Afternoon! Everyone around here sounds so busy. I guess that's good for us isn't it? I spent my day off yesterday baking and cleaning and getting the rest of my garden in. We had a beautiful, much needed rain last night so things should really perk up now. It smelled so nice out this morning that it was hard to come to work.

I'm still plugging along with this new eating plan I'm on. It sure is making me realize that I eat way too many carbs. I'm finding that it's the biggest battle along with finding other things to snack on. I tried one of my new walking tapes yesterday and found it to be quite easy to follow. I am very uncoordinated and find it hard to follow some of the aerobic tapes but this one is actually quite easy - just basic walking steps.

Tonight it's "The Mole" with my boys and then hopefully a long walk.

Have a super day!
Old 06-04-2002, 04:10 PM   #29  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Angry New to post, needing support

Hello,

My name is Michele and this is my first post here. I am really struggling trying to lose a little over 50#'s. I have found a new love for the Lord in the last year and I've been reading and praying about my weight struggle and how it pertains to me and my relationship with the Lord and sinning. I have a bible-study that i've done privately that is about self-control and the teaching is called "Controlling our appetites." It really makes sense but how easy it is to forget.

Do any of you feel like gluttons and feel it's sinful and what do you do to control it?

I want to love the Lord (and myself) more than food.

Would love to hear anything encouraging and inspiring.

Thanks,
Old 06-04-2002, 06:40 PM   #30  
burned out bus driver

Welcome Michele!!!!!!!!!!
Great to hear from you and Wilma too. Sorry for the short time post- I am sort of uncomfortable with a tooth that needs root canal.
Gotta go....Have a great nite.
Ginny
Closed Thread