Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-17-2009, 11:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

Default My body failed me. What gives?

I started jogging on the treadmill in the mornings last year to get from sedentary couch potato to sorta-kinda-in-shape. For the last couple of weeks I've been able to consistently cover 2-3 miles at 11-12 minutes a mile and still have plenty of energy for the rest of the day (I only do it every other day to let the muscles recover). This morning, though, I couldn't breathe after only half a mile! I had to stop to catch my breath, and when I tried to get going again my legs felt like lead. I finished my two miles, but felt like I had overcooked spaghetti for muscles afterwards. Walking was difficult all day--plus, I've had constant hunger pangs that just won't go away.

I don't have a cold, and it isn't my premenstrual water-logged week, and I'm actually two pounds lighter than I was on Sunday when I last exercised (the Valentine's candy bloating went down ). What could be wrong with me?

Last edited by tkm256; 02-17-2009 at 11:43 PM.
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Have you had a physical lately? How is your protein and good carb intake?
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:04 AM   #3  

I wouldn't worry unless it happens gain tomorrow. Some days just don't work, IME.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/Ticker/130

Height: 5' 5.5", age 59

Have you been cutting calories to make up for V-day? Everyone has off days, or you might even be coming down with something. Could you be dehydrated? 2lbs loss in two days could be water loss, and dehydration.

Last edited by recidivist; 02-18-2009 at 02:53 AM.
recidivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:03 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

What is your calorie target? Sounds like you're not eating enough.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #6  
No description available.

Do you incorporate a rest day in your week? If I run everyday, my body burns out.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

My calorie intake is about 1700 a day--which should be only 400 less than I burn (assuming I'm "moderately active"). Dehydration sounds like a definite possibility--I woke up really thirsty this morning. The hunger pangs yesterday may have been thirst pangs.

Also, my bf is hacking and sneezing up a storm this morning. I might have caught a little of what he's got.

Thanks for the input, guys.
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #8  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hmm, while a virus is a definite possibility, you may want to invest in a pregnancy test. The complete physical exhaustion may indicate it, even if you are not ready for your period yet.
(its embarrassing for a midwife to admit, but I had light periods at the beginning of my first pregnancy and didn't realize I was pregnant for a while, about 12 weeks!)
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

My guess is dehydration too. I have days like this. I can usually do 4 miles (still working on that magic 5) with negative splits. But every now and again I hit a half mile and just feel like...nah, I don't want to do this today. I usually finish the mile...but it happens sometimes that your body doesn't want to run at all.

But It could be you were thirsty. That happens to me too. Take a bunch of little sips of water so you don't have water sloshing in your tummy!
nods is offline   Reply With Quote