3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Still plateaued, and the nutritionist did nothing to help (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/164315-still-plateaued-nutritionist-did-nothing-help.html)

kelly315 02-16-2009 11:14 PM

good news- I've been on metformin for the last three days, and I'm losing weight again.

choirgirlhotel 02-16-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelie (Post 2609873)

A couple years ago, I had slacked off for a bit but then I decided to be stringent with my exercise and food. For 3 months, I didn't lose a single pound. The inches weren't falling off either. Then all of a sudden one day, I lost 5 lbs and ended up losing 30 lbs in the next 2 months. Yes my body was holding onto the weight for some reason, who knows?

Really? Wow, that is so weird!

~Choirgirl~

JayEll 02-17-2009 06:45 AM

Glad to hear you're dropping again! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Jay

thistoo 02-17-2009 09:31 AM

I'm plateauing right now too (since..last August, I think? Very frustrating) and what I have to do to break it is cut carbs pretty much completely. I know it works because I've broken the plateau, but it's so hard for me to sustain that way of eating that I keep slipping and gaining right back to my plateau weight.

So now I am at the point of deciding if I want to lose more weight, or not feel hungry all the time. It's a tougher choice than you'd think when you're in the moment. I don't know if that would work for you. I do know that you have to give it a couple weeks on any experimental plan before you decide that it's not working.

As for losing 3 pounds a month, I lose at a slower average rate than that (though I suspect I am older than you), so while it sucks to watch others losing so much faster, unfortunately that's just the way it works for some of us. All stuff you've heard before, but it's hard to accept that reality sometimes. I still have trouble with it.

Anyway, good luck. You'll get there as long as you keep trying.

rachinma 02-17-2009 11:06 AM

Are you strength training?

I have found that easing up on the cardio and amping up the strength training has made a huge difference in the amount of fat loss. It sound counter-intuitive, but the most muscle you build, the more efficiently your body burns calories. And, all cardio and dieting with no weight training = loss of weight, but loss of muscle mass and not necessarily fat. I'd rather lose less weight but more fat.

daniela 02-17-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly315 (Post 2615808)
good news- I've been on metformin for the last three days, and I'm losing weight again.

Hi Kelly, I'm glad your losing again :) If you don't mind me asking were you diagnosed with type 2 diabetes? Just asking because that's what my dad takes and he has type 2 diabetes.