3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   weigh-in day funny (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/164145-weigh-day-funny.html)

corazonas 02-10-2009 10:57 AM

weigh-in day funny

today is my official weigh in day and i gave myself a little chuckle this morning...

here's the story, i weighed last tuesday- 137.2

i weighed today- 134.8

but i wasn't jumping up and down. not at first. i was a little happy, don't get me wrong but i was also like what the ****?? i had totally been peeking t the scale all the time, like once a day (i gotta QUIT that crap!) and like last THU i was 135 something. so i was kind of pissed at myself that i only lost like half a pound! i was going over the whole week- what did i eat? omg i had that ice cream cone on friday... omg i didn't work out for like 3 days.... mother FFFF!! so then i went to record my weight (i have this little chart) and realized my REAL weight from last week. i lost 2.5 lbs!!! so then i got WAYYY happy. and then started laughing because by peeking at the scale every day i totally thought i hadn't lost much weight.

i'm such a thunder stealer...

how's your morning??

Su-Bee 02-10-2009 10:58 AM

Wow, you are losing so fast! What's your secret??

corazonas 02-10-2009 11:05 AM

i really don't have a secret... i'm calorie counting and eat 1300-1400 cals a day and don't really ever go over it. if i eat junk food i work it into the total. i switched from eating all junk and diet coke to drinking 12 glasses of water a day and eating mostly fresh fruit/veggie and lean meat. (i know, same old blah blah) plus i just recently started exercising which i NEVER did before. so there's no secret here! (i kind of wish i DID have a secret- it would be much more interesting)

truth be told, i'm kind of kicking myself for not doing this a long time ago because it hasn't been nearly as awful as i thought it would be :lol:

also, i'm kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop when the loss slows or (EEEK!) stops. i just hope i get to 130 before then!!

sacha 02-10-2009 11:15 AM

corazonas,

You are on the exact same path as I was... same height, same starting weight, same calories and food choices. I promise you will see your results continue!

What kind of exercise do you do?

Su-Bee 02-10-2009 11:20 AM

I'm sure you'll hit 130 in a week or two, at the rate you're going!

You must have a really good metabolism, to have only been 155 on what you describe as your "before" diet. My starting & goal weights are about the same as yours, but at 157, I was eating mostly whole foods, very little junk, and exercising 5-6 days / week. I have really had to step it up to drop the weight I have! So count yourself as AMAZINGLY lucky!

corazonas 02-10-2009 12:01 PM

sacha- thanks! i'm hoping to get there soon... as far as exercise, i just do whatever i can at home. i have a mini stair stepper i use while i watch tv, do cardio, strentgth, and weights all in my living room :) btw your stats are GREAT! :D

su- haha i reeeeally hope so! that goal reward is geeping me on track ;) and maybe i do have a good metabolism, everything has been pretty uneventful as far as the weight loss (that's a good thing!) and my starting weight was 155 when i got to 3fc. my highest (after baby #2 was about 180 and i hovered around 165 for a really long time. i DO think i'm pretty lucky! but what's almost better than the loss itself is that i FEEL so much better! TONS more energy, i'm stronger, i'm getting overall more fit. and i LOVE that. you're doing pretty great yourself!! :hug:

JayEll 02-10-2009 01:18 PM

You GO girl, and MAN you gotta hide that scale or something! :rofl: Good for you on the 2.5 pounds! :cheer2: :cheer3: :cheer2:

Jay

sacha 02-10-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corazonas (Post 2605610)
sacha- thanks! i'm hoping to get there soon... as far as exercise, i just do whatever i can at home. i have a mini stair stepper i use while i watch tv, do cardio, strentgth, and weights all in my living room :) btw your stats are GREAT! ::

Thanks :hug: The stats were a long, hard road. Actually, I did the exact same exercise as you! I had to go hardcore into the exercise to shape the body though. I did P90X and wowwww what a difference. You can do it at home.

I didn't have any pregnancies though!! Kudos to you for that, I don't know how you mother manage it :?: It's great to model a healthy lifestyle for your children